NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

I should really have known that one!! I'll have to see if I can get a code for it via work somehow :)

Where's work?!

SEGA, don't tend to post too much about it but don't keep it a secret either.

SEGA' date=' don't tend to post too much about it but don't keep it a secret either.[/quote']

As long as you aren't personally responsible for putting the Werehog bits into Sonic Unleashed then... it's all good :) seriously though, what do you do there... graphics? marketing? programming? sound engineering? other? [/Curious]

As long as you aren't personally responsible for putting the Werehog bits into Sonic Unleashed then... it's all good :) seriously though, what do you do there... graphics? marketing? programming? sound engineering? other? [/Curious]

I can't claim any responsibility for the Warehog idea, or any other part of that game infact.

I'm a Business Analyst here, working on market tracking, sales forecasts etc. I tend to steer clear of commenting on any SEGA stuff that's put up on the boards but it certainly makes for interesting reading a lot of the time.

I'm in Head Office in London, there's (nearly) always testing jobs coming up. Other than that it's a case of checking out the jobsite, which I think is available via the companies main website.

Can you switch off the Bluetooth feature? Just to save some more battery.

Apparently it sold 30,000 units on launch day. Sony are saying the entire PSP business is up 100%, which does include the 2/3000 series..

Yeah you can, there's an option in the menus for if you want it on/off and connecting to other devices.

Where did you get the 30k figure from? I had hoped it would do a little better than seems to be reported at the moment.

Yeah you can' date=' there's an option in the menus for if you want it on/off and connecting to other devices.

Where did you get the 30k figure from? I had hoped it would do a little better than seems to be reported at the moment.[/quote']

I read it from someone on another forum, I don't know where they sourced that from but I could ask. Chart Track said they wouldn't be releasing sales figures just yet on an article from GI.biz.

Argos are stocking it now, usual price £224.99

I would guess there won't be any numbers released other than the usual xx thousand sold in Europe/America/Japan during the launch period. The 30k is likely to be someone's random guess I would have thought.

Sony : PSPgo sales "in line with expectations"

Sony has told GamesIndustry.biz that sales of PSP hardware are up over 120 per cent in the UK, following the launch of the PSPgo.

Sales of the PSP-3000 have also grown, as the hardware benefits from the release of the long-awaited Gran Turismo for PSP on UMD and EA's FIFA 10, which this weekend broke records for the franchise.

"PSPgo has performed in line with our expectations, driving 100 per cent incremental volume for the category and has benefited the broad PSP portfolio with PSP-3000 also enjoying a big lift," said SCEE in a statement.

"PSP software sales also having been a standout with both new releases GT PSP and FIFA 10 performing well."

The new PSPgo launched last Thursday and sells in the UK for around GBP 224.99. Early adopters are able to download a free copy of Gran Turismo PSP until October 10, and UK consumers can also access a deal which allows them to download another three games for free if they register with Sony online.

When contacted by GamesIndustry.biz this morning, Chart-Track in the UK said it would not reveal any independent sales data for the PSPgo.

"It's a new format and we are simply not revealing the figures for public consumption," said director Dorian Bloch.

Update: Sony has clarified that sales of the PSP hardware are up over 120 per cent compared to the previous week. The PSPgo sold as many units as the PSP-3000 during the period.

Edited by Dante

I would guess there won't be any numbers released other than the usual xx thousand sold in Europe/America/Japan during the launch period. The 30k is likely to be someone's random guess I would have thought.

It was VGChartz, the source. Price has dropped to £199 at Amazon, HMV, and GAME. Argos have started selling it, but still at £225.

Sony releasing their mistake already?

I'm tempted by this price drop. I just love the machine so much.

Also, a big thing, as I think dwarf also said, I love the idea about handhelds but I don't really use them after a while. However, because it's tied to the PSN Store which I check each week when it's updated I'd be much more inclined to play it more often. Anyone else have this?

I'm tempted by this price drop. I just love the machine so much.

Also, a big thing, as I think dwarf also said, I love the idea about handhelds but I don't really use them after a while. However, because it's tied to the PSN Store which I check each week when it's updated I'd be much more inclined to play it more often. Anyone else have this?

Yeah I'd agree with that. It's just a neat little unit. Having games on there all the time spares hassle and the game content is quite high. If they lowered the price I may have considered asking for one at christmas or something.

My Bday is coming up quickly and I get paid for my summer job on the 15th so this is tempting. I may pick it up tomorrow.

Maybe...*contemplates*

Bloody good idea actualy. If I get a job I may have to shell out for one of these bad boys. Definitely in black. Game prices though :/ Argh, if I get one it'll probably be with Arctic edge, Echoshift and a couple of minis (or classic pick up and play stuff e.g Tetris).

How does PSN work on the PSP? Do you still have friends list on the right, and can you send invites etc?

I think aesthetically the thing I like most about the Go is the fact that the controls are sperated from the screen.

I really want God of War and Patapon and if I get it in the next couple days I'll get GT free as well which will keep me busy until Xmas tbh.

Good question about how PSN works. I'd like to know too.

Bloody good idea actualy. If I get a job I may have to shell out for one of these bad boys. Definitely in black. Game prices though :/ Argh, if I get one it'll probably be with Arctic edge, Echoshift and a couple of minis (or classic pick up and play stuff e.g Tetris).

How does PSN work on the PSP? Do you still have friends list on the right, and can you send invites etc?

I think aesthetically the thing I like most about the Go is the fact that the controls are sperated from the screen.

Stupidly PSP does not draw on your PSN friends list and there is no infrastructure in place for this to happen with any games. Every game I have played online games the game either has its own system or none at all bar searching for matches...online gaming isn't that widespread on PSP with adhoc mode used much more...

Hmmm that's slightly annoying. Playing co-op with fellow owners in certain games would've been nice, oh well. I can't believe how my excitement for this has just triggered after actually thinking of buying and holding one.

Completely stupid, after watching 1 video and hearing Daft I suddenly feel like I should be getting one this year.

I want one u_u

Hmmm that's slightly annoying. Playing co-op with fellow owners in certain games would've been nice, oh well. I can't believe how my excitement for this has just triggered after actually thinking of buying and holding one.

Completely stupid, after watching 1 video and hearing Daft I suddenly feel like I should be getting one this year.

I want one u_u

I know, I've never owned a PSP and haven't ever really wanted to since my DS pretty much covers me for what little portable gaming I do, but after seeing videos of this I want one. Trouble is I'm paying off my credit card right now, and then saving to move out so it's pretty much out of the question.

UK Retailers Drop PSPgo Price

Several retailers have dropped the price of the PSPgo to under £200 after just one weekend on sale.

Amazon.co.uk, Play and GAME and HMV now ask £199.99 for the smaller and lighter handheld which previously commanded £224.99.

Argos still asks for £219.99, however, and ShopTo charges full price, £224.99.

Sony announced a PSP sales increase of 120 per cent following the launch of the PSPgo, although the new model only matched the existing PSP-3000 in terms of units shifted over the weekend.

May be a chance once that stock has cleared, the PSP will drop off retail completely from what other forumgoers are saying. I doubt it since it just launched, but never know. Could be the shortest produce lifespan ever, especially for a PlayStation. Hopefully people will now shutup about complete digital distribution in the future.

It will certainly be interesting to see how they manage the platform going forward, I don't think any PSP variants will disappear completely in the near future though. I'm not sure it will massively effect any move towards digital distribution, it's something that's going to become more and more a part of the gaming environment as time goes on.

It will certainly be interesting to see how they manage the platform going forward' date=' I don't think any PSP variants will disappear completely in the near future though. I'm not sure it will massively effect any move towards digital distribution, it's something that's going to become more and more a part of the gaming environment as time goes on.[/quote']

What I'm wondering is if they'll be revising the design/components year-on-year with the Go and if there will be a PSP-4000 with UMD on top of that. What you reckon before PSP 2, another 4-5 years?

In any case, if Go stalls, game's won't stop being released over PSN, and the unit and digital games will hopefully get cheaper over time. If anything publishers will release no-one will pay more than £30 for a high profile release at that. Ubisoft have close to £35-£40 price range for some of their PSP games don't they?

Sony need to sort PSN out first. So they need to add music and sort out pricing.

I was going to pick one up today but they're still £225 in the shops. They only seem to be £200 online. Dumb really. Looks like I'll give it a miss until they release an upgrade at least.

OLED screen please!!