NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

This is a portable console, it's more difficult to put all that hardware together in a small device like PSP Go, so the production costs are higher, obviously.

Umm, no. The majority of the technology for the PSP already exists inside current (and cheap) PSPs... besides that you are not getting an expensive, likely £150+ Blu Ray player like with the PS3. Does it fuck justify the price, lol.

I'd rather get a slim in a way lol. I like it.

The PSP go is alot nicer than the 3000 though. Better screen, bluetooth for leeching mobile phone internet, PS3 accessories, ingame xmb, 16GB storage, tiny size etc.

I think £199 by Tesco is a good price plus you get GT PSP free. PSP gaming is really hotting up. The 3000 isnt bad though and does the job. My main problem is will Sony deliver on downloadable content for the PSPgo?

For now i have preordered GT PSP on Play.com (exclusive preorder stuffs) just in case.

Umm, no. The majority of the technology for the PSP already exists inside current (and cheap) PSPs... besides that you are not getting an expensive, likely £150+ Blu Ray player like with the PS3. Does it fuck justify the price, lol.

PS3 is more expensive for Sony no question, but does PSP sell software?

It doesnt share parts with the 3000 and the 16gb flash costs abit. They cost Apple alot too and Sony dont get them at those Apple prices either.

PS3 is more expensive for Sony no question, but does PSP sell software?

It doesnt share parts with the 3000 and the 16gb flash costs abit. They cost Apple alot too and Sony dont get them at those Apple prices either.

It must be the same basic spec in that it plays the same games. It has additional features, but they certainly don't justify the cost.

It must be the same basic spec in that it plays the same games. It has additional features, but they certainly don't justify the cost.

Thats a matter of opinion. The PSPgo does have cool extra features that some gamers may really like. Bluetooth was clever. Not everyone is a fan the PSP 3000 screen either.

Thats a matter of opinion. The PSPgo does have cool extra features that some gamers may really like. Bluetooth was clever. Not everyone is a fan the PSP 3000 screen either.

Not really...just tot up the cost of components and deduct the fact it's using somewhat old core technology that surely should be quite cheap now (given how long the PSP has been around).

It's obviously overpriced. The PS3 is just a tiny bit more expensive but has a far, far better specification.

Not really...just tot up the cost of components and deduct the fact it's using somewhat old core technology that surely should be quite cheap now (given how long the PSP has been around).

It's obviously overpriced. The PS3 is just a tiny bit more expensive but has a far, far better specification.

Its definitely not overpriced. Its still the most powerful 3d device of its size.

If you want overpriced try DS and Wii first.

I think £199 by Tesco is a good price plus you get GT PSP free. PSP gaming is really hotting up. The 3000 isnt bad though and does the job. My main problem is will Sony deliver on downloadable content for the PSPgo?

Tescos have put the price back up to £220, Gameseek are the cheapest now at £210 - http://www.pspgoprices.co.uk/ .

I think Sony will deliver on the DLC for the PSP Go, but it won't be free. Now that they have the game distribution channel sewed up, I think they're going to milk it for all it's worth.

Its definitely not overpriced. Its still the most powerful 3d device of its size.

If you want overpriced try DS and Wii first.

It is definitely overpriced. Proven by how they PS3 is only about £20 more expensive. You are a deluded Sony fanboy and everyone on this forum knows it.

It is definitely overpriced. Proven by how they PS3 is only about £20 more expensive. You are a deluded Sony fanboy and everyone on this forum knows it.

If you are going to argue overpriced hardly anything in the world is as bad as the Wii or DS.

Its easy to focus on the price but you get alot more.

The top PSP games look nicer than the top Wii games for just one perspective.

If you are going to argue overpriced hardly anything in the world is as bad as the Wii or DS.

You're like a politician. Instead of addressing the fact that something about it is bad, you just compare it to other badly priced things to get away from the issue. The PSP Go IS overpriced. Fact. The PS3 is just marginally more expensive to prove this point.

Actually, no. There is nothing that looks better than Mario Galaxy on the PSP, and there never will be.

Put them both on the same size screen and I doubt the PSP will fare as well.

It's irrelevant how much the Wii and DS are overpriced, the PSP Go is still overpriced.

Either way, the PSP Go is still a good thing. Hopefully it will rejuvenate the PSP and get some decent games made.

You're like a politician. Instead of addressing the fact that something about it is bad, you just compare it to other badly priced things to get away from the issue. The PSP Go IS overpriced. Fact. The PS3 is just marginally more expensive to prove this point.

Actually, no. There is nothing that looks better than Mario Galaxy on the PSP, and there never will be.

You are comparing different products that appeal to different people and have different values.

Its like the people who complain an iPhone costs more than many Pc.

Graphically Mario galaxy is topped by Soul Calibur and GT PSP already.

Edited by Choze

^ I've come in as I have questions about this because I may be considering getting one if I can find a reduced price and a decent bundle. But that last statement, sir, is the biggest piece of s**t I've seen you write. Mario Galaxy has not been surpassed by either Soul Calibur or Gran Turismo on the PSP. Yes, I have seen both titles running in real life to know exactly what they look like and Galaxy is still above them in graphical terms. However, bringing Galaxy in to a comparison with those games is like comparing apples and oranges: they're all games but all very different. My main point is that you Choze need to step back from this fanboy attitude you have with anything Sony related because any and all argument you make on here comes down to your fanboy nature. Yes, both Soul Calibur and GT PSP are very impressive in terms of handheld graphics but they aren't as good as SMG.

And yes, the Wii and DS (more so the DSi than the others now) are overpriced but the PSP Go takes the biscuit at being roughly the same price as a PS3 Slim.

------------------

Anyway, enough arguing. I want to know about the downloading of games. Is it something where you'll hook up a credit card or something and just download from the PSP store or will it be like you go to your local game shop and buy a card, kinda like the Xbox live points cards, which has a download code for the game? As much as people didn't like the UMD, I'm not a huge fan of making a games available first and foremost as downloadable.

------------------

Anyway, enough arguing. I want to know about the downloading of games. Is it something where you'll hook up a credit card or something and just download from the PSP store or will it be like you go to your local game shop and buy a card, kinda like the Xbox live points cards, which has a download code for the game? As much as people didn't like the UMD, I'm not a huge fan of making a games available first and foremost as downloadable.

What i think some here dont understand is that its not a PSP 4000. There is the PSP 3000 for those who dont want this and will still be the main PSP. The few who want the best will go with a PSPgo. Cutting out UMD isnt going to happen anytime soon despite there being so many compromised consoles. Also bear in mind going DD only is quite bold at this stage given its still used by a minority.

This is why i thought going DD only was suicide in the rumour stage. But keeping the 3000 as the main PSP and rumours of 4000 mean that its more of future setup. The PSPgo is very much an early adopter machine.

Yes, both Soul Calibur and GT PSP are very impressive in terms of handheld graphics but they aren't as good as SMG.

We are talking about a handheld here, ok there arent any platformers as nice as Mario. But what racing or fighting games touch the ones on PSP? There are many more games on PSP that put to shame Wii games.

Edited by Choze

There is the PSP 3000 for those who dont want this and will still be the main PSP.

I thought the Slim was the one before Go...

I thought the Slim was the one before Go...

The 'Slim & Lite' PSP is a PSP 2000, then Sony released the 3000, then the PSPgo.

We are talking about a handheld here, ok there arent any platformers as nice as Mario. But what racing or fighting games touch the ones on PSP? There are many more games on PSP that put to shame Wii games.

Oh, so now you shape your argument to maintain the 'I'm right' stance. You really should become a politician because you're such a slimeball.

You said there's nothing on the Wii that looks better than those 2 games; not true, SMG does. As well as lots of other games. You can't even tell how good PSP games really look because the screen size is so shrunken in comparison to console games. At the same size, no doubt PSP games would look pretty crap.

As far as I'm aware you should be able to do both. You can put in your credit card details to the PSP and just download whatever takes your fancy whenever you want or go into a store and buy a top up card much as you do with xbox live. I think you may be able to buy tokens for specific games in store but I'm not 100% sure anymore as it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in a while.

Oh, so now you shape your argument to maintain the 'I'm right' stance. You really should become a politician because you're such a slimeball.

You said there's nothing on the Wii that looks better than those 2 games; not true, SMG does. As well as lots of other games. You can't even tell how good PSP games really look because the screen size is so shrunken in comparison to console games. At the same size, no doubt PSP games would look pretty crap.

I think given the genres of the games it would be best to stick those. Mario is the best looking platformer. Otherwise its an apples ot oranges comparison. Top PSP games are nicer than top Wii games though.

ShopTo: PSPgo "almost dead" on arrival

ShopTo has empathised with European retailers boycotting PSPgo, and reckons the format "is almost dead before it has arrived".

Analyst Michael Pachter, on the other hand, thinks they're all being "foolish", and calls the entire situation "ridiculous".

"It's just silly for a retailer to say that they won't sell a big ticket gaming device because they can't sell the games. Consumer electronics stores sell refrigerators and not food, everyone sells iPods and not the music for them; this position is just ridiculous," Michael Pachter, analyst for investor Wedbush Morgan Securities, told Eurogamer.

"I think that it's foolish for a retailer to be selective about what they carry, unless they truly don't believe it will sell well."

A much better course of action, he argued, would be to buy limited stock and then re-order if appropriate. "Refusing to carry them subjects them to the risk that Sony will bypass them for Gran Turismo or Uncharted, in which case they lose," he said.

The ball began rolling when Dutch outlet Nedgame publicly opposed the PSPgo for being too expensive and for not featuring a UMD drive, thus providing no opportunity to sell games. And controlling all sales via PSN gives Sony a "monopoly" on software sales, argued the shop.

Media Markt, a German retail chain that spans Europe, took up a similar position, with Spanish and Italian (and no doubt other regions) outlets prohibited from selling the device.

ShopTo will not follow suit, but agrees with the sentiment. "We do have it listed on the site, but we are not concentrating any big marketing behind it," boss Igor Cipolletta told Eurogamer.

"Sony has decided to cut publishers and retailers for the software of the PSPgo and deal direct with developers, giving them a 70 per cent margin for any items sold on Sony PSN. I believe if they had lowered that to 50 or 60 per cent, and given the opportunity to online retailers, it would have enjoyed greater success and retailers would attempt to promote the console to the market."

Cipolletta, however, feels the damage may have already been done, and the format - which launches here on 1st October for £224.99 (€249.99) - will be a flop.

"I have the feeling that as a format it is almost dead before it has arrived, and it relies far too heavily on a customer base that is prepared to pay more for download content than the equivalent disc based product, and I suspect this market will soon dry up based on the technical limitations of the hardware," Cipolletta shared.

But, Pachter added, while retailers wield "some power" now, their foot-stamping won't be entertained for long.

"As far as the argument that 'it's about time' retailers received their comeuppance: I think that will occur soon enough anyway, as the large hard drives in the PS3 and 360 (and the larger ones coming) will encourage a greater number of downloads in the future," he offered.

"Retailers have to face the fact that games will be increasingly offered over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and cope with the outcome.

"To draw a line in the sand," Pachter said, "is wrong."

Sony, incidentally, has not responded comment on the matter.

Edited by Dante

I think given the genres of the games it would be best to stick those. Mario is the best looking platformer. Otherwise its an apples ot oranges comparison. Top PSP games are nicer than top Wii games though.

And yet loads of people have already told you otherwise; Mario Galaxy is bested by nothing on the PSP. And no; I think you'll find that there's a lot of shit on the Wii just as there is on the PSP. But when you see properly made games on the Wii, they look better than on the PSP. The PSP has a much smaller screen so you can't compare games, really. Played on the same size screen, the PSP games would like stretched and shit.

I wish someone would ban you already. You really are just a mindless Sony fanboy who will never see any problem with a Sony product ever.

Sheikah I feel your pain too in the Choze area but I think you're slightly wrong in using the point that PSP games would be crap if they were blown up in size. A handheld is meant to be pretty small and to be fair they have got some nice looking stuff on it. The Wii being a console it should be streaks better perhaps? I don't know.

Still wouldn't buy a PSP unless it was sub £50 though.

Yeah digital download are the future in many ways. Retailers can moan all they like but to some extent certain types of games will gradually be download only. This is a very long term process though. As proven with the iPhone its something that will happen.

And yet loads of people have already told you otherwise; Mario Galaxy is bested by nothing on the PSP. And no; I think you'll find that there's a lot of shit on the Wii just as there is on the PSP. But when you see properly made games on the Wii, they look better than on the PSP. The PSP has a much smaller screen so you can't compare games, really. Played on the same size screen, the PSP games would like stretched and shit.

I wish someone would ban you already. You really are just a mindless Sony fanboy who will never see any problem with a Sony product ever.

Maybe the Wii is more powerful but developers certainly are not showing it outside of the token game. Its easy pulling out the fanboy card when you have no persuasive argument. Overall PSP is better than what you have been claiming.