N-Europe

Body sensations/tingles

dwarf

Sometimes I get this kind of quivering in my body that lasts a second or two, it sort of vibrates up my body from one end to another. It happens when someone says something with authority or purpose, usually speeches. Sounds corny, but this is what happened when I watched Barac Obama's victory speech I got this feeling for a brief moment as he ushered those last words.

I get the shaking sometimes, but it lasts a little long than that.

As for the one you mentioned, I do encounter that, but it normally comes from holding in farts. :awesome:

Tru fax dat. I hate having some great dream, only to wake up and realise it was only a dream.

Did they blow your covaah?

arnoldschwarzenegger_totalrecall.png

This might have actually been a dream.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to get the falling sensation all the time when i was younger, don't seem to get it any more though.

Sometimes I get this kind of quivering in my body that lasts a second or two, it sort of vibrates up my body from one end to another.

I get that alot too, it would just happen at random times though, nothing seems to trigger it.

I sometimes get a tingling sensation on the back of my head that runs my spine when I just now I should not be doing something or someone is about to screw me over.

Probably due to paranoia seeing as I get paranoid way to easily.

Also, this started a few months ago but I started getting anxious seeing the moon (full or just mostly full), I know it´s all in my head but it really weirds me out.

Cramp in my toe, as well and hamstring foot and jaw .__.

Tic in my eye (thats a sign of tiredness)

Double vision (I have to force myself to focus out of it)

Pins n needles I get pretty bad. When my legs wake up I can't move them from all the nervous stimulation.

I can hit a nerve if I press gently on the top of my kneecap

I get the sleepy, fall off bed (but not) thing too.

Arthritis in every single joint in my body.

Tendons flick over my joints, causing cracking.

Here's a freaky one that I think not too many people will have - If I run up a set of stairs my achilles tends to sorta pop, and i lose control of my foot for like a millisecond, which causes me to trip. Happened on an escalator once and I trashed my kneecap. Yay. :D

All of the above is the tip of the iceberg in all honesty.

Twitches in my eyes, sometimes...

Going to sleep for like a minute and then suddenly being awakened by a sharp jolt to the back of the neck, just under the skull... makes me sit bolt upright, after that though it doesn't seem to happen again

When holding my hand out straight and 'still' my fingers twitch ever so slightly

Sometimes when I stand up after sitting for a bit, something in my lower back 'clicks' it isn't painful, but it is noticable...

probably other stuff but that's all I can think of atm...

I get pretty much everything mentioned thus far. Shivers, falling in sleep, cramps, false dreams which all in all aren't too bad, more rather irritating. The one I remember most prominently was ten or so years ago when I dreamt I had a Charizard pokemon card, only to wake up go and look in my card deck and It was nowhere to be seen... poor 8 year old me!

Also, I seem to have kicked the habit but a while ago when nervous I used to get a twitchy mouth when I smiled, which probably made me look like a complete creep.

More recently I keep getting really paranoid about my pulse... heartrate often seems to feel either too fat or slow, or like it's pounding. Should probably get that one checked out

when I am lying in bed and start to drift off, not really awake when suddenly I get this falling sensation as though I've just fallen off the edge of my bed. It happens, I jolt and then open my eyes and I'm just in my bed and nothing has happened.

These are probably some sort of medical conditions but certainly interesting.

That's a hypnic jerk and is perfectly normal. It's caused by a brain "bug" but it's common to everyone. It's completely normal unless you have them too frequently.

Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

That's a hypnic jerk and is perfectly normal. It's caused by a brain "bug" but it's common to everyone. It's completely normal unless you have them too frequently.

Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Read about it here;

Falling bed sensation and jolt = hypnagogic myoclonic twitch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

And sometimes stuff happens in my dreams which I will believe some time after I wake up. Once I almost did a bit of homework during the day because it appeared in my dream.

Anyone ever get that thing where you feel like something is crawling on you(i used to get it down my back alot when I was little, and various places now) when clearly there isn't? Always bothers me for ages, cos my paranoid arachnophobia starts to look for spiders, everywhere.

Anyone ever get that thing where you feel like something is crawling on you(i used to get it down my back alot when I was little, and various places now) when clearly there isn't? Always bothers me for ages, cos my paranoid arachnophobia starts to look for spiders, everywhere.

Hehe *raises hand* >.>' it's completely irrational as well because I know there most likely aren't any spiders there but try telling that to yourself when you are convinced that you felt one crawling on you. :/

Yeah that happens to me. I don't necessarily think of spiders but some sort of little bug. Actually have it right now but that's probably just an itch cause I need a shower!

What usually happens is that you get this sensation where something is crawling on you, you itch it and then the 'crawling' starts again somewhere else.

I hate how once you see a big spider you start looking everywhere for other ones. I haven't seen a big'un for a while so it's OK. Thing is looking out for them increases the chance of seeing them even though if you didn't see it you probably wouldn't have come into contact with it ever again.

Read about it here;

From one paranoid arachnophobic to another: I hear you, brother!

<_<'

>_>'

I have this weird thing where if I run my finger/whatever firmly along the underside of my arm, above the elbow, (like squeezing toothpaste of a tube) kinda along a vein, it sends weird pins/needles/similar shockwaves right down my hands to my fingertips (the nerves?)

Its not a nice sensation, its very strange, and I'm yet to find someone else with the same thing.