NEurope
Kirkatronics

I am penguinophobic

Yeah, I meant arranged marriages. I think the handing out of marriage visas should be more strict in order to prevent groups from taking advantage of the system.

I suppose singling out Pakistan in such a generalised way is wrong and I should have just said that I support more restrictions on marriage visas, sorry. I'll try and hold my tongue next time.

I do have a few issues with the changes to immigration policies that have happened just recently. They have made it harder for employers to employ foreigners, but I think it should be ok to employ people through work visas as long as they are getting equal pay. I guess that farming is a bit of a tricky area for this.

Edited by Pyxis

Just discovered that apparently there's no such thing as a black briton or an asian briton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1172801/Nick-Griffin-defends-BNP-leaflet-says-black-Asian-Britons-exist.html

Seems strange that when the BNP supposedly want us to be patriotic we apparently can't celebrate the achievements of Brits like Kelly Holmes, Lewis Hamilton and Rio Ferdinand. Maybe we should give back the medals etc they won, after all Britain didn't really win, it was "racial foreigners."

The bit that caught my eye was this bit:

"These people are 'black residents' of the UK etc, and are no more British than an Englishman living in Hong Kong is Chinese,' he said."

There is a huge different between someone being born and bred in the UK than there is between an Englishman living in Hong Kong. If that Englishman was born and raised in the UK, then moved to live in Hong Kong, then that's very different to actually growing up there.

"'We don't subscribe to the politically correct fiction that just because they happen to be born in Britain, a Pakistani is a Briton. They're not. They remain of Pakistani stock,' he added."

Well, why can't they be of both?! It's a shame that these labels wind up so many people. Me, for example, I was born in Newport, but my Granddad originates from Pakistan. So, I guess I'd be called half-cast or something, I dunno. What does that make me exactly?

I can sort of see what he means. Not that I agree with it. I think he is trying to get "British" to be used to describe race rather than nationality. Although on most forms nowerdays we have "White British" and "White Other" along with all the other choices, so it's kind of already in effect. The only difference I see is that they want to give others a different label, which will create a bigger divide between the races.

It doesn't anger me, it just seems pointless.

I personally think all white people should just adopt the term "Honky" or "Cracker". I could live with it. Hell, I already greet some of my friends with "What up Cracker?"

Pfft, what a racist prick. For a moment, I thought the Daily Mail was the one defending that idea. Thankfully, it was just a member from an extremist political party.

Just discovered that apparently there's no such thing as a black briton or an asian briton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1172801/Nick-Griffin-defends-BNP-leaflet-says-black-Asian-Britons-exist.html

Seems strange that when the BNP supposedly want us to be patriotic we apparently can't celebrate the achievements of Brits like Kelly Holmes, Lewis Hamilton and Rio Ferdinand. Maybe we should give back the medals etc they won, after all Britain didn't really win, it was "racial foreigners."

Before I start, I DON'T support the BNP in any way blah blah etc.....Anyway:

Nick Griffin was interviewed on The Daily Politics yesterday and he claimed the BNP policy is to do with ETHNICITY not Citezenship and such.

He/They have no problem with "anyone" being British, just not claiming to be ethnically British.

I can understand where they're coming from, even if it does have holes in it.

Anyway.... the EU has made it FAR too easy for anyone to go anywhere (and my girlfriends from Malta).

Effectively, any EU state can give citezenship/asylum to any bugger, and it's out of our hands.

I don't trust Britain's system when it comes to such things, so to trust any other random country...

I have to say, if such things are at the top of your list, you should vote for UKIP.

(I'm not a member of UKIP, nor a supporter.....yet anyway; they have very compelling arguments, and I'm not the voting type)

Edited by Kurtle Squad

I've never understood why people use Asian as a label for race... Asia takes up a third of the planet and has many different races, but South Asians seem to take ownership of being Asian. I cant see how South Asians and East Asians are in the same ethnic group, they look as if they come from different planets.

I know it sounds like I'm just nitpicking, but things like the BBC Asian Network do bug me when it should be called the BBC South Asian Network. When was the last time somebody tuned into the BBC Asian Network to listen to some 8bit Japanese tunes? Chinese, Japanese and Korean films and music (and games!) piss all over what South Asia has to offer. Heck, all of our electronics are either Japanese or South Korean and they're all made in China. Why does Asian mean Indian?

Edit: whoa, somebody needs sleep.

Edited by Pyxis

Why does Asian mean Indian?

Because India is part of the Asian continent

Well, Europe is also connected to Asia, would we all call ourselves Eurasians if it weren't for tectonic plates?

The BNP are disgusting fascists. Anyone even slightly considering supporting them in any way, shape or form needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, frankly. They represent the worst in our society, feeding on the fears and insecurities of people who don't realise they're being exploited by a bunch of jackboot scum in suits.

their notion of a british ethnicity is laughable too. We're a mongrel nation of immigrants, invaders, explorers and refugees. Better for it, too, so those racist fucks can climb back in to the intellectual cesspit they came from, frankly. I'll be helping them there, come the European elections.

The BNP are disgusting fascists. Anyone even slightly considering supporting them in any way, shape or form needs to take a long hard look in the mirror, frankly. They represent the worst in our society, feeding on the fears and insecurities of people who don't realise they're being exploited by a bunch of jackboot scum in suits.

their notion of a british ethnicity is laughable too. We're a mongrel nation of immigrants, invaders, explorers and refugees. Better for it, too, so those racist fucks can climb back in to the intellectual cesspit they came from, frankly. I'll be helping them there, come the European elections.

You're sending them to Brussels?!

Well, Europe is also connected to Asia, would we all call ourselves Eurasians if it weren't for tectonic plates?

Wait, Africa is connected to Asia. Which means we're all Eurafriasin. Or since nobody gives a damn about Australia anyway, we'd be non-americans.

Or maybe we could actually be "earthlings" like all the aliens in the movies who don't have countries within their species.

To Clear this up, Asia and Europe are on the same plate, they are only considered separate continents because the ancient greeks thought that the black see extended all the way up to the arctic ocean. Africa is actually on a different plate. India isn't on the eurasian plate, its actually on a separate plate that is believe it or not shared by australia.

You're sending them to Brussels?!

Quite the reverse, with any luck.

They've managed to give everyone else a brilliant slogan - Stop The BNP!.

I say vote Green - they're pro-Europe, but not full of idiots like the big three.

I'm going to spoil my ballot. Write something incredibly abrasive on it.

It's probably as pointless as actually voting for someone.

I might vote BNP not because i actually want them to really win. Just that inspite of some of the racist tones they still seem to speak the most sense to me. And the other partys are all clowns.

I would never vote labour they fucked the country up well and truely.

Lib dems are just far to urgh.... i think in politics you need someone who will take hard choices and i dont think this is hte lib dems.

The torys i would really consider. But they need to move a bit further right in my view.

And the green party i woudnt even entertain. Not after having had to cross demo lines at faslane where they have been in presence.

UKIP i dont know enough about them.

So really it comes down to BNP or the Torys.

Jesus christ. you get paid to carry a gun?

What do you mean by that.

Our voting system is a fucking joke. Last elections the only people we could vote for (not me obviously as I wasn't 18) were Labour and Tory.

to Slesssurb?

Thank you Noodle, that made me laugh.

Our voting system is a fucking joke. Last elections the only people we could vote for (not me obviously as I wasn't 18) were Labour and Tory.

Thank you Noodle, that made me laugh.

Why the system a joke then? Doesent that just mean there arnt enough people who are intrested enough. Or that the seat is that safe its not worth anyone ele bothering?

Why the system a joke then? Doesent that just mean there arnt enough people who are intrested enough. Or that the seat is that safe its not worth anyone ele bothering?

Because all the votes should be counted for the nation. That way I can actually have a say in who I want to run the country.

What do you mean by that.

Well, your possible vote would probably be at odds with the BNPs opinion on Gurkhas residency. (I'm just guessing what the BNP think to Ghurkas though.)