NEurope
Kirkatronics

I am penguinophobic

If there was enough of it, then sure it would!

I just wonder how many more thousands of years of wars do people need before they see that doesn't really work all too good...

Well if that is 100% why you were replaced in your job then your employer is the asshole and is exactly why you should not work for them.

I call it "capitalism" - employers will do what makes them the most money - if they think the Polish worker will be just as good as Jimbob, but at less cost to him, he, from a profit perspective, should have taken the Polish guy.

Of course, a more reasonable way of doing things would be to keep Jimbob, and perhaps even offer him a pay rise if he improves his quality/speed of work, and therefore increase net profits.

If there was enough of it, then sure it would!

I just wonder how many more thousands of years of wars do people need before they see that doesn't really work all too good...

War will go on until human life dies out. There will always be someone or a group of people who try to bully someone else or another group of people. I am no saying war is the answer. But the answer is not to just let anyone in to our country.

I call it "capitalism" - employers will do what makes them the most money - if they think the Polish worker will be just as good as Jimbob, but at less cost to him, he, from a profit perspective, should have taken the Polish guy.

Of course, a more reasonable way of doing things would be to keep Jimbob, and perhaps even offer him a pay rise if he improves his quality/speed of work, and therefore increase net profits.

If money really was the issue then they could have even offered jimbob a pay cut instead of outright replacing him its bad business practice to have a constant turnover staff as that new person wont do the job as well as the experienced staff. The polish guy would have to be earning atleast minimum wage or the thing would have been illegal.

Bam, right here. Why do we have more right than them to this land? Why should the guy suffer just because he was born over there? Those who flee where they came from should be welcomed with open arms as a token of human goodness.

Exactly. You can't choose where you were born. Why is this our land? Because we were lucky enough to be born here? As far as I'm concerned, the only people who have any right to call it their land are people who have done something significant to improve/defend it.

And on the arguement of immigrants milking the system: There are just as many lazy "English people" milking the same system. You could argue that they paid taxes earlier in life and therefore deserve a little back, but a lot have never payed taxes.

All of the immigrants I've worked with pay taxes and are generally disgusted by the idea of milking the system. One of them even said that English people should be given jobs first, then the immigrants. I have no reason to doubt he was being honest.

A bit on my background, so you can see where I'm coming from. I worked a fairly average production job for 5 years. At the end we were made redundant and our jobs were moved to another factory where German immigrants resumed our work. So essentially "They took our jobs!". When I was working there, I got to work with quite a few immigrants on my section. There were also countless others on other sections. Some were lazy and some were hard working, just the same as the "natives".

Basically, I think people should be "judged" on what they do once they're here, not just all tarred with the same brush.

If money really was the issue then they could have even offered jimbob a pay cut instead of outright replacing him its bad business practice to have a constant turnover staff as that new person wont do the job as well as the experienced staff. The polish guy would have to be earning atleast minimum wage or the thing would have been illegal.

I think it's actually illegal to cut someones wages.

Nope. Its happening quite alot at the moment.

Bugger. I guess my slack jawed co-worker was wrong. Should have seen it coming really. He wasn't exactly on the ball.

I think they need your permission to do it. But the alernative to cutting your wages is normally being made redundant. So you dont have much of a choice.

DISGUSTING ASYLUM SEEKERS ARE BANNING THE QUEEN

Why hello there xD

I'm all for them, I even think the laws are too harsh for them right now - much worse though is the prejudice they receive from some of the right wing media - which has clearly influenced some people's thinking on here o_O. I think the laws should be relaxed.

No human goodness is not what is wrong with this world. But it will also not solve the worlds problems.

Yeah it would. If everyone treated each other with kindness, say if the Palestinians and Israelis treated each other well, then they wouldn't be at war surely? Sure you might still have natural disasters, but people taking other people in when they loose their homes can only help. I don't mind giving and not expecting in return, but what i've been given already is enough. I got lucky at the beginning, so I don't mind helping out someone who didn't.

Yeah it would. If everyone treated each other with kindness, say if the Palestinians and Israelis treated each other well, then they wouldn't be at war surely? Sure you might still have natural disasters, but people taking other people in when they loose their homes can only help. I don't mind giving and not expecting in return, but what i've been given already is enough. I got lucky at the beginning, so I don't mind helping out someone who didn't.

My point is that not everyone thinks like that. There will always be bullys.

This country is only the prosperus place because of what the people have done for it. Many of the giving there life for it. The people are what turned this wet, windy, misserable rock off the coast of mainland europe in to what it is today. And i think what they created is slowly being worn away.

This country helps a lot of people i have lost friends trying to help people in there own country.

Hold on a sec, the reason the country is going to hell right now, you know economic depression and mass layoffs, is because of the work of greedy, predominantly white people, who in a line up you'd probably class as British. Now i'd far rather have the Hungarian dude who painted our house living here than those tossers.

Economic depression is a worldwide problem or hadnt you noticed that?

What i mean by the country being warn away is the fact it is seen as racist to be proud of being british in britain. The fact an afro-carabean immagrent cant wear a union flag bandanna to show the fact hes proud to live in britain. In case it offends someone.

The fact service people cant walk down the street in uniform without being spat at and called murderers.

Here's my two cents.

I can't stand immigrants who come into this country and claim benefits. However I can't stand British people who falsely claim benefits (and anyone who thinks that this is a minority is hugely mistaken, but that's for another debate). I don't agree with Polish people claiming child benefits (can't remember what it's called, working family something?) when their children live in Poland.

I have nothing against immigrants, but they should embrace our culture, not us theirs. It disgusts me in areas like Bradford where people of a certain ethnicity flock to areas populated largely by people of their own ethnicity. If they come here they should integrate into our society. I also can't stand it how, for example, we aren't allowed to wear hats and hoodies inside shopping centres yet muslims can wear those clothes that cover all of their face. That's fucking disgraceful. I wouldn't even agree with it if it was part of their religion, but it isn't, it's a life choice. They can even wear head scarves on their passport photos. It's a joke.

Economic depression is a worldwide problem or hadnt you noticed that?

Yes, and who was it caused by?

What i mean by the country being warn away is the fact it is seen as racist to be proud of being british in britain. The fact an afro-carabean immagrent cant wear a union flag bandanna to show the fact hes proud to live in britain. In case it offends someone.

Agreed, i'm all for freedom of expression.

The fact service people cant walk down the street in uniform without being spat at and called murderers.

Spitting is a vile habit, but people have a right to freedom of speech and if they want to call a serviceman a murderer they have the right to do. Freedom of Speech is an integral part of British culture.

Surely that's nothing to do with immigrants? Thats just stupid, rude people blaming soldiers for a war they don't agree with. It does disgust me though, it's the main reason I have the help for heroes sticker in my car.

I do agree that we should be proud to be British if we want. I aslo feel that immigrants should be allowed to be proud of their culture too. I think it's pretty odd that the majority of people (no one here from what I can tell) complain about not being able to be "British" anymore, but at the same time want to force immigrants away from their own customs. Massive hypocracy surely?

I personally think anyone should be allowed to be proud of their culture, but some people take it too far and end up thinking their culture is the only one that matters or is better than others. I personally love finding out about peoples cultures and enjoyed working with immigrants.

Yes, and who was it caused by?

Agreed, i'm all for freedom of expression.

Spitting is a vile habit, but people have a right to freedom of speech and if they want to call a serviceman a murderer they have the right to do. Freedom of Speech is an integral part of British culture.

Em buy people all over the world. America is a big contributer. Iceland is another Britain has played its part but this is all another topic.

Its not free speach its slander in most cases. And who do you think gave the people of this country free speach?

Surely that's nothing to do with immigrants? Thats just stupid, rude people blaming soldiers for a war they don't agree with.

I cant rember what town exactly it was but i thin kit was petersfield or something. Lets just say the people doing it were not white.

The same in Luton at the Rifles home coming parade. Although there was no spitting.

ARE IMMIGRANTS IMPREGNATING HOUSE PRICES?

I love that daily mail generator thing. My personal favourite being "WILL TEACHERS INFECT THE BRITISH COUNTRYSIDE WITH AIDS?"

--

Anyway, in an ideal world, we'd all be able to go where we please...but that's never going to happen. I hate the "All most of them do is come here and sponge off the government". Bollocks. Are you aware of how many british citizens do the same?

Edited by Slaggis

I cant rember what town exactly it was but i thin kit was petersfield or something. Lets just say the people doing it were not white.

That doesn't mean they were immigrants, though.

And I'm pretty sure the Polish, the Greeks, the Germans, are usually white, no?

As for the topic at hand, I'm not familiar with the British immigrant policy (not even my own country's, much less the UK), but I'm pretty sure that people who abuse the system can be found anywhere, regardless of nationality, location or social position.

The same in Luton at the Rifles home coming parade. Although there was no spitting.

So you're generalising your experience to include all immagrants? How lovely of you. You are aware you can be "not white" and british...right?

I think most of the people doing that are muslims, due to us fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Have not read every post but if there is not a labour shortage employers getting cheap migrant labour is wrong, full stop.

Em buy people all over the world. America is a big contributer. Iceland is another Britain has played its part but this is all another topic.

And everytime by the same people, in America (where they also complain about immigration) by rich, native born, predominantly white bankers. In Britain by rich, native born, predominantly white bankers. In Iceland by rich, native born, predominantly white bankers (way to go c+p!). And more jobs have been lost to this economic crises they caused than have been lost to immigrants over the past year.

Its not free speach its slander in most cases. And who do you think gave the people of this country free speach?

No one. We took it for ourselves.