NEurope
Kirkatronics

I am penguinophobic

No but you did make it misleading in that the BNP were promoting that idea which they clearly wernt. Hence him being kicked out of the party.

i didnt intend to make it sound like that, nor did i use any missleading lanugage, i mearly reported what i knew.

I dont suspect London is a major seat for the BNP. I think the BNPs homeland is much further up north. SO that fact it was a London candidate is neither here nor there.

fair enough, they do hold more power in the north so london probebly isnt a realistic goal of them

As i have said have said people have been kicked out of every party. How can you judge a party on something they have already done something to address.

thats true, parties have often had to remove members, though that a member can get so high in a group with such views is still shocking, and in the quotes i posted you will notice some increadably offencive things said by the current leader of the bnp,

Im not defending the BNP. But i am defending there right to exist. Which although many people on here wont say out loud, it is what they think.

im not disputing a right to exist, but i am certainly disputing the shocking views of high ranking members of the party. i fully support fredom of speech, and id going to assume you do too, and it is because of freedom of speech that we should disscuss and criticize racist/sexist/homophobic views. the party has every right to exist, but people also have a right to know exactly who it is that runs the party, and how worrying thier views are.

Don't remember this guy being kicked out of the party. You know those gas chambers that killed the Jews in Nazi Germany? Lies apparently.

I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that 6 million Jews were gassed and cremated and turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also also once held that the Earth was flat... I have reached the conclusion that the "extermination" tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria."

Of course now he's found an easier target he wants everyone to forget all of this stuff. In fact he calls people who bring up his holocaust denial quotes "facists" for doing so.

Funny that last night's party political broadcast was all Nick Griffin talking about all this "the brave brits who fought the krauts" when he's previously dismissed their justification as "Allied propaganda"

Edited by BlueStar

I could have sworn I posted in here yesterday, grrr.

I did read that somewhere before BlueStar, it's quite extraordinary for him to say such a thing, though he does make an argument that I use quite often. The more amusing thing it highlights, as the quote of Charlie Brooker pointed out too, is their claims of being so british when really they seem to sympathise more with the Nazis and their views rather than britain's!

the only reason that guy got kicked out was because he expressed his views publicly. I'm sure he was more than willing to tell his buddies what he thought behind closed doors where they can all agree in private.

the only reason that guy got kicked out was because he expressed his views publicly. I'm sure he was more than willing to tell his buddies what he thought behind closed doors where they can all agree in private.

I dont think its wrong that anyone can express any views they have in private with friends behind closed doors.

I dont think its wrong that anyone can express any views they have in private with friends behind closed doors.

well, do you think its would be ok for say, a police officer to say to a friend "i cant stand niggers, bunch of thives and scum."?

in a position of power, power can be abused, much like the racist police would be to hard on the black population, a polotition who belives rape is just like forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is clearly a deluded moron. should he gain influence what might the consiquences be? could see an increase in rapes as it isnt delt with as seriosuly.

giving power to people with such views would be a stupid mistake. the moment a single group become second class, democracy has failed.

well, do you think its would be ok for say, a police officer to say to a friend "i cant stand niggers, bunch of thives and scum."?

in a position of power, power can be abused, much like the racist police would be to hard on the black population, a polotition who belives rape is just like forcefeeding a woman chocolate cake is clearly a deluded moron. should he gain influence what might the consiquences be? could see an increase in rapes as it isnt delt with as seriosuly.

giving power to people with such views would be a stupid mistake. the moment a single group become second class, democracy has failed.

this.

oh and fascists are cunts. that too.

So how do you suggest we combat this then? 'thaught police'?

So how do you suggest we combat this then? 'thaught police'?

no, i surgest better screening for people applying for positions of power, and better education into diversity.

all racism is born out of ignorance, if we could better educate people, show them that theire belifes are infact, groundless, then we would go a long way towards getting rid of such stupid belifes.

if people want to hold such stupid belifes then they are unsuitable for a position of power. simply put, alowing some one with racist belifes into power will harm innocent people whos only crime is to not be a white, hetrosexual male.

the bnp currently is headed by a homophobic halocuast denier, and yet still they are gaining support. im not jewish, and im not gay, yet both of those things sicken me, and surgest to me that the man is infact, an idiot.

Police yo'self.

Police yo'self.

Police me!

They gots their own re-mote view-ing.

Every cell has been taught to think.

[/Tori Amos]

if people want to hold such stupid belifes then they are unsuitable for a position of power. simply put, alowing some one with racist belifes into power will harm innocent people whos only crime is to not be a white, hetrosexual male.

So what your saying is that only white males are racists. Try telling that to many people in zimbabwe.

I dont think its true just because you are racist means you cant be a copper etc. Just as long as you can keep these feelings in your head/behind closed doors.

So what your saying is that only white males are racists. Try telling that to many people in zimbabwe.

I dont think its true just because you are racist means you cant be a copper etc. Just as long as you can keep these feelings in your head/behind closed doors.

We can't control how people feel, but we should try to educate people and teach them that racism, prejudice and hatred towards any group of people based on groundless ideas is wrong.

And what person in power could avoid exercising his or her beliefs?

We can't control how people feel, but we should try to educate people and teach them that racism, prejudice and hatred towards any group of people based on groundless ideas is wrong.

And what person in power could avoid exercising his or her beliefs?

Well ive been in situations where there have been people i think are (thinks of the pc term) 'enemys of the peace' and havent done anything , because they havent given me reason to. A copper who may have racist beliefs isnt nessiceraly going to go all KKK and kick the shit out of every black man on the street.

Police yo'self.

Police yo'self.

Police me!

They gots their own re-mote view-ing.

Every cell has been taught to think.

[/Tori Amos]

in here? really?

:shakehead:

in here? really?

:shakehead:

I was in the mood. I was tempted to just leave it without acknowledging who it was by, but then it would have been even less appropriate.

Well ive been in situations where there have been people i think are (thinks of the pc term) 'enemys of the peace' and havent done anything , because they havent given me reason to. A copper who may have racist beliefs isnt nessiceraly going to go all KKK and kick the shit out of every black man on the street.

I'm not sure what you mean by "enemies of the peace" and "coppers" ...

Anyway, some racists may be able to keep themselves under control, but I think the main problem is that there are people who have narrow-minded views like those at all.

Coppers are police. Not sure what he means exactly by "enemies of peace"...

no, i didnt say that, in any way shape or form. i was talking about the bnp, acting with white interests in heart, in a mostly white country. i was talking about the situation in britan, so didnt feel the need to clarify that racism is not exclusive to white men.

as for being able to leave racism asside, im not to sure im convinced by that, im a psychology graduate, and did alot of work into discrimination and the like, the belifes are deepset, and with a steriotype, people will jump to conclusions. say a racist police officer has two suspects in a crime, one white (its a white racist officer) and one black which one will he be more likly to belive guilty? emotional response occurs from just seeing a member of the hated group, so it would be difficult to seperate this from any decision making, especialy in a high stress situation.

A copper who may have racist beliefs isnt nessiceraly going to go all KKK and kick the shit out of every black man on the street.

A copper who has racist beliefs shouldn't be a copper. Simple. You can't just argue against that point. Whether he's white, black, Asian, whatever. Better screening is needed to detect people who hold internally racial prejudices.

On another note, Nick Griffin is a big, fat, stupid cunt and if I ever meet him I'd whack him across the chops as hard as I could, and this is coming from someone who despises violence. But he just makes me THAT angry.

If any of you know Mark Collett (search 'Nazi Boy Russell Brand' on Youtube), he used to come into my work all the time and hit on my ex-girlfirend. When she told him she was a feminist he told her she was stupid and that women belong in the kitchen. Fucking prick. Watch the youtube videos to see just the type of stupid little tossers the BNP are.

Anyway, some racists may be able to keep themselves under control, but I think the main problem is that there are people who have narrow-minded views like those at all.

A copper is a Police Officer, and i believe the other is a Terorist?

A copper who has racist beliefs shouldn't be a copper. Simple. You can't just argue against that point. Whether he's white, black, Asian, whatever. Better screening is needed to detect people who hold internally racial prejudices.

No, no, no, you cant deny someone a job because of their belief. Only if it effects your behavior. Some people are racist, but would never act upon it. Why should people like this be discriminated against.

A copper is a Police Officer, and i believe the other is a Terorist?

No, no, no, you cant deny someone a job because of their belief. Only if it effects your behavior. Some people are racist, but would never act upon it. Why should people like this be discriminated against.

When it comes to serving the community and upholding the law, anyone who is racist should not be able to hold this position of power. They will sub-conceisly act upon their racist beliefs in ways mentioned above which would be just plain wrong.

When it comes to serving the community and upholding the law, anyone who is racist should not be able to hold this position of power. They will sub-conceisly act upon their racist beliefs in ways mentioned above which would be just plain wrong.

I dont believe this is true, not everyone lets their judgment be clouded by their beliefs.

You cant tar everyone with the same brush, ofcourse some will, but most wont.

Most people, despite being racist, will do their job by the book.

Edited by Kirkatronics

I dont believe this is true, not everyone lets their judgment be clouded by their beliefs.

I agree with this.

So should we also stop religious people from being coppers? I found it disgusting that the BNP person was kicked out of the police force just for his political party. If in all his time he has never given any reason to suspect that he is racist, then why does it matter what party he votes for? Whatever happened to freedom of thought?

If any of you know Mark Collett (search 'Nazi Boy Russell Brand' on Youtube), he used to come into my work all the time and hit on my ex-girlfirend. When she told him she was a feminist he told her she was stupid and that women belong in the kitchen. Fucking prick. Watch the youtube videos to see just the type of stupid little tossers the BNP are.

The sad, sad thing is that he probably thinks that a feminist is someone who thinks women should be superior to men. To many people don't know what a feminist actually is (I'm one, for example).

That said, the BNP is partially responsible for spreading such misogynistic lies, and Collett is a twat regardless of what he thinks it means.

well, research would surgest this isnt normaly the case.

i dont think its discrimination to not alow racists to be policmen, like i dont belive its discrimination to not alow the handicapped into the army, or the blind to drive. its simply common sense. having a police officer with pre existing belifes about different racial groups will prevent them from being an impartial mediator. simply put, you cant expect people who are naturaly hostile towards a racial group to suddenly lose there hostility because they put on their work clothes.