NEurope
Dante

Swine Flu Vs Will Smith And His Dog

So if all that's needed is a p2p kill to unlock level 5, then what do you need for level 6?

I think you have to kill the FBI for 6 stars to get the army turn up, not sure.

Cheers, Mundi :) So a '6', being the top end of the scale, does not automatically mean "we're all gonna die, quick, the zombies are coming. Break that shop window and steal the beans!"

Tsk at the world :P

EDIT: Lol sheikah :D

Heh I wish, this meter is just to show the stage of spreading.

6 just means it´s going places.

I think 6 is a full blown pandemic.

Its only been raised to 5 today because some stupid 23 month old baby died of it, they basically have no immune system though... :p

Put it this way, right now things could be way worse. But I guess we'll really know how bad shit is going to get around a week from now. Shit might have gotten really bad.

I think 6 is a full blown pandemic.

Its only been raised to 5 today because some stupid 23 month old baby died of it, they basically have no immune system though... :p

Put it this way, right now things could be way worse. But I guess we'll really know how bad shit is going to get around a week from now. Shit might have gotten really bad.

If this is a 5, what the hell did the rage virus from 28 Days Later reach on that scale?

That's an epidemic. I've seen more danger when Stuwii hovers to the "create new thread" button.

man this whole thing is way over the top. soon as any kind of disease gets anywhere near the west the media go mental. Malaria kills up to 3 million people per year and more should be done to prevent this but hey I guess as Maleria kills black/brown skinned people we wont worry about that.

unlike the last two flu pandemics we have had, this flu bug is the same type as the 1918 flu, which killed about 30-100 times as many as the other two pandemics. public awareness is important to help ensure that this flu doesn't have quite as devastating effect.

How pissed would you be if 3 people you care about die, and the media and the government hadn't bothered even talking about the flu? (which as I gather is pretty much what happened in mexico initially)

Malaria is a known concern, and funnily enough things are being done about. shocking. interesting fact for you by the by, malaria can actually kill white people too! wow. like, its totally not racist. just thought you ought to know that.

There are lots of "things" that kill lots of people, and people are working to fix these problems, but the ones left around aren't simple, there are surrounding issues that do have to be taken into account.

If this is a 5, what the hell did the rage virus from 28 Days Later reach on that scale?

That's an epidemic. I've seen more danger when Stuwii hovers to the "create new thread" button.

on a local scale full blown, on a global scale... if it didn't leave the UK it would be a 4. however good point, the rage virus, if it existed and was in "the wild" would be far scarier than this flu virus.

the main thing with this swine flu is that its likely to kill people between 20-40, whereas normal victims tend to be babies, who basically only have direct family who truely care say a decade later, and people who were pretty old, so the knowledge one day soon they would be no more was already there.. less shocking. when someone between 10-50 dies its more of a shock, you expected them to be round a bit longer.

Malaria is a known concern, and funnily enough things are being done about. shocking. interesting fact for you by the by, malaria can actually kill white people too! wow. like, its totally not racist. just thought you ought to know that.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Um, with Flu, what kills you is the fact that your immune system overreacts and takes you out. Generally, flu kills young adults, with the strongest immune systems, the most.

Um, citation plox? I'm pretty sure the young and the elderly are the groups targeted for vaccines every winter as they are those most at risk...

EDIT:

In reference to the spanish flu;

"Another unusual feature of this pandemic was that it mostly killed young adults, with 99% of pandemic influenza deaths occurring in people under 65, and more than half in young adults 20 to 40 years old. This is unusual since influenza is normally most deadly to the very young (under age 2) and the very old (over age 70)." (wiki)

Edited by jayseven

Um, with Flu, what kills you is the fact that your immune system overreacts and takes you out. Generally, flu kills young adults, with the strongest immune systems, the most.

So in many ways, we have to hope that our bodies don't decide to run the immune system at full pelt to attack this virus.

Solution: Young people should drink a lot and deprive themselves of sleep to make their immune systems less efficient and so survive swine flu. :heh:

Shamelessly stolen from Ben Goldacre, if I recall correctly.

Solution: Young people should drink a lot and deprive themselves of sleep to make their immune systems less efficient and so survive swine flu. :heh:

Shamelessly stolen from Ben Goldacre, if I recall correctly.

I'M WILLING TO MAKE THIS SACRIFICE.

Its only been raised to 5 today because some stupid 23 month old baby died of it
Damn stupid babies.

Awesome, swine flu is in Newcastle. The girl who has it works 5 minutes from my house...

If it reaches stage 6 then all of the schools are off. But sixth formers and staff still have to go in. I don't see what the staff who don't teach sixth formers are going to do for 6 hours straight.

"we're all gonna die, quick, the zombies are coming. Break that shop window and steal the beans!"

Aporkalypse now!!

Awesome, swine flu is in Newcastle. The girl who has it works 5 minutes from my house...

I'm closer. I win.

WHICH N-EUROPE MEMBER WILL DIE FIRST!?

Note: this is a real race. The first person to die gets to be the next admin and gets to have sex with everyone on the forum.

WHICH N-EUROPE MEMBER WILL DIE FIRST!?

Note: this is a real race. The first person to die gets to be the next admin and gets to have sex with everyone on the forum.

1) does it count if we die and are resuscitated?

2) does it have to be swine-flu that we die of?

1) does it count if we die and are resuscitated?

2) does it have to be swine-flu that we die of?

1, No.

2, Yes.

Don't be breaking my GOD DAMN RULES BITCH.

3) Do we HAVE to die?

How plausible is the idea of having sex with a ghost? Because if I can trick people into that, I will be a very happy man, spreading around my ectoplasm.