N-Europe

Your Sandwich Inventions!

dwarf

I secretly would love to be vegetarian, as I assume you'd never be bloated or slow or full or whatever. Always full of energy.

But then I look at the food and realise it's lack of substance.

I make epic meals for myself, like huge portions. With or without meal replacements you can get full of vegetables and pastas, rice whatever. In fact im in the midst of making sushi!

Anyway this isn't a thread about vegetarianism. Although that sandwich does look disgusting, looks like someone has sliced open a leg and peering in :p

BEHOLD! The megawich:

n687920340_3705476_1639.jpg

It was a whole tiger loaf, with about 5 packs of different meats crammed into it. It fed me well for a whole weekend.

That's the one thing I miss now that I eat a bit more sensibly, stupid food escapades like this one.

w00t, I did Big sammich day 2 week ago

sdc10074.jpg

1 Big Baguette cut in 2

sammich 1 - Lettuce, Cucumber, tomato, chicken, ham, salami

sammich 2 - sausage, Bacon and brown sauce

was bloody lovely

Being a vegetarian is definitely the healthy option and it wont make you skinny or anything (nobody just eats lettuce). There is quite a lot of food that has the same properties as meat. I've been a vegetarian for 3 years and I am healthier than I used to be. I used to have really bad allergies, but haven't had them since I became a vegetarian.

When you are a vegetarian, you actually watch what you eat, instead of just having meat all the time in order to make food taste good.

BEHOLD! The megawich:

n687920340_3705476_1639.jpg

It was a whole tiger loaf, with about 5 packs of different meats crammed into it. It fed me well for a whole weekend.

That's the one thing I miss now that I eat a bit more sensibly, stupid food escapades like this one.

I have to say, I feel kind of sick seeing that. You must need loaaaads of drink to down that, as it looks really salty...

And as Peter Kay would say...hast thou nowt moist?

I make epic meals for myself, like huge portions. With or without meal replacements you can get full of vegetables and pastas, rice whatever. In fact im in the midst of making sushi!

Fish-less sushi? Honestly haven't tried any sushi without fish.

For me sandwhiches are usually quite simple. Some sort of meat along with coleslaw and tomatoes, usually on crusty tiger bread or rolls.

Edited by Sheikah

My default sandwich is cheese, ham, mayo, mustard, chili peppers, salad, spring onion.

Bonus contents; sundried tomatoes, whatever other type of meat I can find, and maybe a drop of pesto for the salad.

I've recently had some really, really awesome salads - salad, shredded beetroot, chilis, spring onion, pickled onion, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, goats cheese, chili-olive oil, bundled in some pitta bread with a chopped-up bean burger = a vegetarian supreeem sandwich.

I did make a sandwich thread ages ago where I had a plan to make an awesome baguette that would contain breakfast, lunch and dinner that I could eat through the day... Still got to do that!

That baguette posted earlier looked yummy although I'd be much more boring and ham and grated cheese in it!! And then some variety of salt and vinegar crisps although not french fries as they are the devil