N-Europe

Your Sandwich Inventions!

dwarf

Just felt the urge to tell you about a sandwich creation that is terribly good, but I'd also like to know what weird stuff you've come up with that works well between 2 slices of bread.

Or do you just prefer the standard combos?

Well here's mine:

Bread > margerine > Chorizo/Pastrami > Cheddar/Double Gloucester > Thin layer of Reggae Reggae sauce (bbq) > bread.

Trust me on this, it is an awesome eat. Another favourite of mine is the peanut butter & jam combo. Quite nice.

Your go.

Just felt the urge to tell you about a sandwich creation that is terribly good, but I'd also like to know what weird stuff you've come up with that works well between 2 slices of bread.

Or do you just prefer the standard combos?

Well here's mine:

Bread > margerine > Chorizo/Pastrami > Cheddar/Double Gloucester > Thin layer of Reggae Reggae sauce (bbq) > bread.

Trust me on this, it is an awesome eat. Another favourite of mine is the peanut butter & jam combo. Quite nice.

Your go.

The Americans have the peanut butter combo alot, never got the courae to try it.

It seems wrong.

Guest Jordan

When i was younger, i used to have crazy sandwiches.

Currently i do:

Tuna mayo & sweetcorn, with crisps on top, cheese and ketchup. Sandwich of the gods.

I used to do:

Chicken burger, with (propper) chip shop curry sauce, with chips in a burger bun. Hardcore sandwich.

I don't do Sandwiches...

If I do it is usually just Ham! :grin:

It is all about Tortilla wraps in which I stuff:

Hoisin sauce

Taramasalata

Salsa Dip

Assortment of Salad

Cucumber

Tomatoes

Mini Sausages

Chicken Tikka Bites

Pepperoni

Skips/Crisps

Japanese Rice Crackers

Ham

I think that's about it by the end it can barely close.. :p

Not sure this counts but at school in Food Tech we had a competition a few years ago to see who could invent the 'best sandwich' as judged by a mightily overweight teacher. I got four pitta breads, some pizza sauce and cheese, a pepperami, some ham, and some sausages. I made four mini pizzas stacked on top of each other. I won the competition! It was amazing, huge, tasty, but not really a 'sandwich' in the traditional sense of the word.

Not sure this counts but at school in Food Tech we had a competition a few years ago to see who could invent the 'best sandwich' as judged by a mightily overweight teacher. I got four pitta breads, some pizza sauce and cheese, a pepperami, some ham, and some sausages. I made four mini pizzas stacked on top of each other. I won the competition! It was amazing, huge, tasty, but not really a 'sandwich' in the traditional sense of the word.

When I go to the pizza shoppings, or even one at home, I generally fold two/three slices on oneanother, it does enhance the pr0ness.

BEHOLD! The megawich:

n687920340_3705476_1639.jpg

It was a whole tiger loaf, with about 5 packs of different meats crammed into it. It fed me well for a whole weekend.

That's the one thing I miss now that I eat a bit more sensibly, stupid food escapades like this one.

Wow, that is amazing! What sort of meats? Pepperoni, Salami....?

I'll tell you what a ruddy good meat is that you don't see here often > Spec (sp?)

It's a German cured meat and is no doubt delicious in sandwich.

Quite like the sound Of Jordan's second suggestion.

BEHOLD! The megawich:

n687920340_3705476_1639.jpg

It was a whole tiger loaf, with about 5 packs of different meats crammed into it. It fed me well for a whole weekend.

That's the one thing I miss now that I eat a bit more sensibly, stupid food escapades like this one.

I love.

Meat in a roll is the best.

I don't get this vegetable shit.

I love.

Meat in a roll is the best.

I don't get this vegetable shit.

I'm the opposite, I basically have a salad sandwich. Although I am quite boring with my sandwiches actually, a plain cheese one will do me fine (and by sandwich I of course mean baguette).

A large part of that is because I don't wish to eat animal death :heh: (and that picture is kinda sickening...)

Well yeah, that sandwich is massive, with too much meat, but SRSLY....

I see Meat as "real" food. Salad and stuff is just to tide you over until when next you can eat a roast meal/meat. There's nothing else as satisfying as the burnt flesh of a stuck pig.

Lol, ive got to agree there

I secretly would love to be vegetarian, as I assume you'd never be bloated or slow or full or whatever. Always full of energy.

But then I look at the food and realise it's lack of substance.