Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Advertising Hotting Up For Christmas in UK

Mimternet

Just seen a Mario Strikers advert on Channel 4 during T4. Also seen Nintendogs adverts during prime time on Channel 4, ITV 1 and digital channels. Not to mention the Mario Kart DS taxi promo being plastered on the front page of every Metro newspaper across London.

They're really going for it this Christmas! Any other TV or print ads spotted?

I saw a Nintendo sponsered tramp yesterday. Apparently they're given Special Brew and tins of beans by Nintendo as long as they promise to follow the first person that walks past each morning screaming and swearing at them until they buy a DS and Mario Kart.

I had to drive my tramp home and show him my copy of each before he'd stop abusing me.

(The above isn't actually true, but in a perfect world it would be).

... On the subject of ads, I haven't seen loads, but I've watched very little TV since getting home. Peep Show last night was great though.

In the US I saw the Mario Kart ad a few times, and a lot of pretty good 360 ads.

Yea i saw the mario soccer smash or whatever it called ad, i thought it was pretty crap, with other massively hyped soccer games out i dont think it'll sell all that well.

Should have spent the money elsewhere

At least consumers will be aware of its existance, though. The ad will definitely help sales quite a bit. Games like this are coming out way too late in the Gamecube's lifespan.

________

XANAX REHAB ADVICE

Edited by the_mars_volta

I see the constant sponsors for C4 comedy, plus I saw the Mario Kart ad at some point yesterday but forgot which channel. Though i'm also noticing places like Woolworths and Argos advertising the console, that so wouldn't have happened with the GC so they must be doing something right. All we need now is more shelf space.

At least consumers will be aware of its existance, though. The ad will definitely help sales quite a bit. Games like this are coming out way too late in the Gamecube's lifespan.

O yea good point.

Until zelda i guess GC is still alive, if just barely

I've seen plenty of adverts for the new Pokemon probably-not-a-proper-RPG, on E4 mostly. When I'm approached while playing on my DS, people often reference the old Channel 4 ads. So they worked.

The Mario Kart advert was really well done. Actually, there's a lot of video game adverts airing right now, which is probably to be expected. Mostly EA stuff.