N-Europe

recession hits bluey.... in the face.

bluey

Ah man, sorry to hear Bluey. Hopefully a new job will come about quick and you can put all this behind you.

And with the boss terminating you via email, it kind of singles you out from the others and he/she shouldn't have done it this way, but in person is much better tbh.

Once again, sorry to hear about this.

I would actually reply inquiring as to why it was done via e-mail as opposed to telephone. Words are so easily to manipulate, and if they couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes per employee on the phone when they have provided their time effort for the company then they really are a bunch of bastards.

Here's hoping you get another job soon. It's not easy finding work at the present, but I'd always recommend big businesses or retailers that are likely to remain strong.

there were only 6 employees in the place.. so i'm kinda as singled out as i can get.

it was probably for the best he did it by email. i totally panicked when i read it and started hyperventilating.. plus, if he'd have waited until tomorrow to do it in person i'd have paid £116 for a month's tube and bus pass that morning.

but yeah... some kinda follow-up phonecall woulda been appreciated.

Aww man, that sucks! What're you gonna do now? Look for a similar sort of job, just any job, or what? I think you should do some art stuff commisions on the side at least, some of your stuff in the creative gallery looked really fun! Alas, I have no need of arty stuff, but I'm sure someone out there does!

i'm job hunting!!

on wednesday i'm going to an open casting for a job as a corpse at the london dungeons. no shit!! i've been a christmas elf before so technically i'm OVERqualified; elfing involved moving around!

stan bush is getting me through the depression of unemployment.

i'm job hunting!!

on wednesday i'm going to an open casting for a job as a corpse at the london dungeons. no shit!! i've been a christmas elf before so technically i'm OVERqualified; elfing involved moving around!

If I said that you'd make a great corpse, would that be considered a compliment or sign of mental instability?

If I said that you'd make a great corpse, would that be considered a compliment or sign of mental instability?

Both... :heh: but because it's in context, I don't see why it can't be viewed as just a compliment. :)

i'm job hunting!!

Stan Bush is one of my gods. May he serve you well in this time of hardship.