N-Europe

Earth Hour - 8:30PM

Eenuh

My light is currently out, to be fair I do sometimes have it turned off anyway if I'm watching a film or something, anyway... I'm not sure if it will make a huge difference but still one less light for one hour, it's something. :smile:

Being in the dark for an hour doesn't bother me at all but what does bother me slightly is that the clocks go forward later which makes it feel like an hour lost >> even though it isn't really.

Edited by S.C.G

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Tomorrow Never Dies, so that's providing light for my room. I've switched off most of the lights in the house, but upstairs my niece is asleep so that'd be a bit unfair and would scare her if she woke up, and my parents refuse to turn off lights in the kitchen.

Well, I'm doing as much as I can! :heh:

This Jack Bauer?

Almost worthy of a slow clap.

Almost.

It's really dark outside so if I turn off the lights and all my electronics, I'd be sitting in the dark for an hour doing absolutely nothing. I'd happily participate for a couple of hours if I had the ability to read a book. It's a good idea, but it doesnt make sense to do it when we need lights the most. It would be easy enough to turn them off during the day.

Is it purely at night time so that they can take pictures of people turning off their lights?

It's really dark outside so if I turn off the lights and all my electronics, I'd be sitting in the dark for an hour doing absolutely nothing. I'd happily participate for a couple of hours if I had the ability to read a book. It's a good idea, but it doesnt make sense to do it when we need lights the most. It would be easy enough to turn them off during the day.

Is it purely at night time so that they can take pictures of people turning off their lights?

What difference would it make if it was done during the day?

Plus you can still keep your tv and computer and other stuff running, it's just about turning off the lights. This is mostly a symbolic thing. I don't get why people have so many problems with this concept...