NEurope

Doing the campaign on Vet - Takedown is one of the most infuriating levels I've ever gritted my way through. I probably died more on this single level than I did on my entire first playthrough.

Playing it with an Intel locations guide, too, because I'm stupid enough to not think Vet mode alone wouldn't be hard enough...

Which one's Takedown?

I thought Vet mode was great, challenge-wise. It made the game perfect, for my liking. If only it were as good a game as 4. As it is, we're left with the excellent Favela levels and the Washington takeback levels. The rest just felt meh.

I loved Veteran mode but I thought it was too easy like COD4 was (except for the airplane level on COD4, I thought that was almost impossible). The hardest COD is WW for me, I still haven't completed it on Veteran.

Oh and when I said I gotten faster, I meant my reactions, lol.

I thought that the last level on CoD4 was pretty easy in comparison to No Fighting In The War Room.

The more I play this game, the I dislike it.

For a start, the single player campaign has a rubbish story, it flies about all over the place so that you don't get attached to the characters. The only ones I care about are Soap and...

...Captain Price. But they were in the first MW!

Sure, there's some cool moments, but they're not amazing. Oh, and the AI is still quite dumb.

Don't even get me started on mutliplayer. It's just an unbalanced mess. It doesn't reward players for playing better, it just rewards them for playing more. Okay, so there is some skill involved, but a lower level vs a higher leveled player is going to get owned because the one playing the most has better weapons/equipment. The kill Streak rewards are stupid too, it can make an entire match completely one-sided if the other team gets them all and uses them within a short time-span. I've seen this plenty of times.

Infact, the only really good part of MW2 is the Spec Ops missions. They're quite tough and frustrating, but it is actually fun to play them. Unlocking different levels and completing different challanges actually feels like and accomplishment, rather than a chore.

Overall, it's a mediocre game that was hugely over-hyped. I'll still play to get 100% of the achivements, but after that I'll only play every so often.

when I said I gotten faster, I meant my reactions, lol.

I know that. But Sub machine guns still make you 15% faster than any other primary class.

I thought that the last level on CoD4 was pretty easy in comparison to No Fighting In The War Room.

On Veteran? Really? You must be lightning fast! I hated the time limit on it.

And O_W: I had no idea SMGs made you faster...thanks for telling me. :D

Takedown is the level where your buddies (Meat and.. some other dude. Ghost? Not sure) are chasing the brazillian arms dealer across the rooftops while you're fighting your way through the alleys.

I was just annoyed because I ran out of flash grenades, couldn't tell where people were, and when I could they started shooting me on my way out of cover.

But it's over now!

Are online petitions worth the bother? The petition I'm talking about is one from the Infinity Ward forums to get IW to add a "local only" search option to reduce lag-fest games. I've signed it anyhoo, although it's only got 2000+ signatures so far.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/MW2lag/petition.html is where the petition is at.

If it gets a big number of signatures and is then sent to IW would they take any notice..?

No reason not to sign really. It takes less than a minute to do.

I went 30-5 earlier with just my USP and my Knife. I love my setup;

Vector w/ Rapid Fire

USP .45 w/ FMJ (Soon to be Tac Knife)

--

Marathon Pro

Lightweight

Commando Pro

Equals knife rape. Nothing like it. And if you can get a care package and you run with the marker out you go ridiculously fast, as it's currently classed as being weightless. I reckon I could get close to the 25 kills needed for a nuke if I used Harrier/AC130/Nuke too. I had a kill streak of 16 earlier, that was with precision airstrike and harrier though. But yeah, I love it. Plus I always make racing car noises when I go flying round corners :D

nothing like the little things :D, the tac knife is awesome, but for some reason i like the akimbo usp's more, feels like your in the matrix film when he reloads

I went 30-5 earlier with just my USP and my Knife. I love my setup;

Vector w/ Rapid Fire

USP .45 w/ FMJ (Soon to be Tac Knife)

--

Marathon Pro

Lightweight

Commando Pro

Equals knife rape. Nothing like it. And if you can get a care package and you run with the marker out you go ridiculously fast, as it's currently classed as being weightless. I reckon I could get close to the 25 kills needed for a nuke if I used Harrier/AC130/Nuke too. I had a kill streak of 16 earlier, that was with precision airstrike and harrier though. But yeah, I love it. Plus I always make racing car noises when I go flying round corners :D

Might try that one out!

Lightweight/Marathon set ups are always a laugh, even if people hate you for them :P I recently chucked together one with the Riot Shield, an M9 with tactical knife and the throwing knife. I used it to walk into a room with 3 campers and killed them all by throwing the knife, picking it up, rinsing and repeating and wracking up a 16 or 17 kill streak before dying (my best yet I think).

I may look like a prat but you get tons of assist points aswell so I've been leveling like a beast since I made it.

Takedown is the level where your buddies (Meat and.. some other dude. Ghost? Not sure) are chasing the brazillian arms dealer across the rooftops while you're fighting your way through the alleys.

I was just annoyed because I ran out of flash grenades, couldn't tell where people were, and when I could they started shooting me on my way out of cover.

But it's over now!

The favela levels are, in my opinion, the game's strongest levels. I love how chaotic they feel. And especially how faithful they are to reality.

Lightweight/Marathon set ups are always a laugh, even if people hate you for them :P I recently chucked together one with the Riot Shield, an M9 with tactical knife and the throwing knife. I used it to walk into a room with 3 campers and killed them all by throwing the knife, picking it up, rinsing and repeating and wracking up a 16 or 17 kill streak before dying (my best yet I think).

I may look like a prat but you get tons of assist points aswell so I've been leveling like a beast since I made it.

Why are you using the shield? It makes you slower! SMGs, all the way!!

The favela levels are, in my opinion, the game's strongest levels. I love how chaotic they feel. And especially how faithful they are to reality.

Why are you using the shield? It makes you slower! SMGs, all the way!!

Riot Shield rocks, I can easily get 20-3 a game using the riot shield, just gotta know how to use it. Bastard when someone shoots you in the foot tho!!

I hate Favela for those reasons. Too chaotic.

Lately I've been enjoying COD for reasons other than trying to increase my K/D ratio, getting alot of wins etc. Much more interested in doing all the challenges with the different weapons now. Getting to know different weapons and having a bit of fun is very enjoyable lol.

On Veteran? Really? You must be lightning fast! I hated the time limit on it.

I found that you needed to learn the location of every enemy and do it quickly in No Fighting in the War Room. The Epilogue was like that but much, much shorter.

I hate Favela for those reasons. Too chaotic.

Lately I've been enjoying COD for reasons other than trying to increase my K/D ratio, getting alot of wins etc. Much more interested in doing all the challenges with the different weapons now. Getting to know different weapons and having a bit of fun is very enjoyable lol.

Well chaos is some times great fun if you just feel in the mood to blow shit up. specially in domination where everyone goes to specific points. i always enjoy the challenges, 1 for the points 3 for the badges and 2 for something to try and do while in the levels

Favela is too easy on domination, you get A and B then you can just hold them down in C, 2 on the left, 2 on the right and 2 in the middle, they cant get out. I play wit the same people and we'v got most maps sorted now, highrise takes the piss on domination, they cant get out of A, its amazin lol, you can practically spawn kill them as long as you dont go through those windows!

Riot Shield rocks, I can easily get 20-3 a game using the riot shield, just gotta know how to use it. Bastard when someone shoots you in the foot tho!!

No doubt, the shield does rock. But in a knife class, where it's mostly about speed, the shield not only slows you down, but makes you much easier to spot (as it's huge!)

The levels themselves are greatly designed, with barely a waste of space, but in combination with the Vet AI's overly harsh nature, it's a bit too unfair and sporadic. The Hornets Nest (the second Favela mission) is better paced, and actually leaves room for a varied approach to tactical planning.

The missions set on American soil are a tad too easy. Considering that generally you're massively outnumbered, it's mostly a case of all-out guns-blazing, GOW-esque killfest (predator missiles aplenty!), and the levels with Roach are typically more of a MGS bunch of levels. I suppose in that respect the Favela ones have a better mixture of elements... But as I say, too much frustration for me!

The levels themselves are greatly designed, with barely a waste of space, but in combination with the Vet AI's overly harsh nature, it's a bit too unfair and sporadic. The Hornets Nest (the second Favela mission) is better paced, and actually leaves room for a varied approach to tactical planning.

The missions set on American soil are a tad too easy. Considering that generally you're massively outnumbered, it's mostly a case of all-out guns-blazing, GOW-esque killfest (predator missiles aplenty!), and the levels with Roach are typically more of a MGS bunch of levels. I suppose in that respect the Favela ones have a better mixture of elements... But as I say, too much frustration for me!

The later american levels are better than the first ones. The ones after the heli crash are, imo, quite good.

I liked those levels more for the "ooh so THIS is what america looks like 50 years before Fallout 3" element :P Honestly my favourite levels are the Roach ones. There's a bit more NPC/you interaction; more involvement in the storyline progression. The other two characters feel like they're just riding the wave of what's happening.

After my Vet playthrough I may just run through the game on teh easiest setting to get a better perception.

Edited by jayseven
Double-take

Favela is too easy on domination, you get A and B then you can just hold them down in C, 2 on the left, 2 on the right and 2 in the middle, they cant get out. I play wit the same people and we'v got most maps sorted now, highrise takes the piss on domination, they cant get out of A, its amazin lol, you can practically spawn kill them as long as you dont go through those windows!

In other words, "who cares about having fun, winning is all that matters". I hate this kind of bullshit. No offense.

Winning is fun though. Come on, you can't say you don't play multiplayer for the thrill of ousting another human being in some abstraction of skill...unless you're being incredibly disingenuous.