NEurope
Rummy

Long or Short, how do you like YOUR(or rather, MY) hair?

This thread is going to be a thread, I apologise, about ME! I'm planning to get a haircut cos my hair's getting heinously long, but I cannae decide how to get it cut. I've asked a good few people, mixed reactions, so I'm gonna ask you, N-Europe! This thread also doubles up as a general thread about hair length and your opinions, too. I did think of doing this in the User Image gallery, but I kind of want to get stronger response sooner, and I'm also generally curious about people's opinions on hair! It comes up sometimes but never really gets a good discussion!

Anyway, my hair is currently rather long so it could use a cut, following are lots of pictures of me and my hair at different times(reverse chronological), just so you know. Excuse my twatty faces from here on out. They ain't my best of photos, but I tried to get the ones that showed my hair, obviously.

So I'm asking you N-Europe, how short should I get my hair judging on these photos? I kinda wanna get it cut just to the length I still catch all the hair to tie it back, but open to all opinions(hence presenting all my hair looks). Tell me which you like best! I also apologise for how narcissitic and shallow this thread may be, but can you judge hair without seeing? All photos are roughly dated, if it helps anything...

These are from new years just gone to about a month ago

n36908719_39122639_1739.jpgn36908719_39122617_4986.jpgn502383369_1409617_7641.jpg

Now I normally tie it back in a bit of a ponytail, but I can't quite find any half decent photos what show it like that.

This is it last june, then sort of october time;

n271100470_439725_284.jpgn271100470_439675_7589.jpg

This is it april last year;

n283600601_927181_8267.jpgn36908719_36632504_1564.jpg

NYE 07/08 timeish;

n223301820_3246498_1970.jpgn223301820_3246490_9015.jpg

This around august/summer 2007;

n271100470_173362_6689.jpgn271100470_182878_6984.jpg

Summertimeish 2007;

n36908719_34909231_2581.jpgn36908719_34909215_7878.jpg

n36908719_34827224_2501.jpgn222700124_1131228_1969.jpg

This is Easterish and beyond 07 iirc;

n271100470_128136_3647.jpg

n271100470_107281_8697.jpgn271100470_107291_1534.jpg

April 2007 and earlier;

n36700823_30918524_4448.jpgn223301820_1606119_6978.jpg

Proper Freshly Cut; NYE 06/07

n285100116_33416_8633.jpgn36908719_32261463_2262.jpg

Rummy, I can't help but think....you remind me of Orlando Bloom......if he was black.

To be honest though I kinda like your hair longer rather than short short. Although it's not a bad length at NYE.

Haha - genius dude! A Hair Anthology. I just had my hair cut yesterday, and kinda wish I'd done what you did. How does your hair sit normally? Does it curl naturally, do you mouuuusse?

*will compose a facebook album of his own haircuts in the morrow*

n283600601_927181_8267.jpg

This one is awesome.

Your hair looks good in all of them. I'd almost say prefer it longer as opposed to the shorter, but a good middle ground could be fun.

*Reads back*

Hmmm, this post is no help at all.

*Bonus*

Looks like a CD cover.

RummyGazer.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman

I like "NYE 07/08 timeish." Not short, and not overly long, probably difficult to maintain that length.

I also think you look better with shorter facial hair (not none, then you look a bit freaky, not like Rummy looks in my head).

The long haired version of you reminds me of my old mate Dionne who I haven't seen for years, and so I like that version of rummy more so +1 for long hair. Also long hair rummy have a general sense of suave which makes him look like a cool cat.

My Ten Pence

In some places you look a little like Sayid Jarrah, which is obviously an awesome thing. In others....well:

n502383369_1409617_7641.jpg

Snoop+Dogg++4.jpg

Anyway, I likes your hair when it's just a little above shoulder length. I believe this one:

n36908719_36632504_1564.jpg

shows the kind of length that increases the sexy vibes.

However, you must note I'm not the best judge. My style in the hairdressers is to respond to the question "how do you want your hair" with "shorter".

Rummy, I can't help but think....you remind me of Orlando Bloom......if he was black.

To be honest though I kinda like your hair longer rather than short short. Although it's not a bad length at NYE.

Lol, thanks I guess(he does annoy me 50% of the time), I am struggling to see it but it's an appreciated comment!

Haha - genius dude! A Hair Anthology. I just had my hair cut yesterday, and kinda wish I'd done what you did. How does your hair sit normally? Does it curl naturally, do you mouuuusse?

*will compose a facebook album of his own haircuts in the morrow*

Rather unfortunately, it's natrually quick thick hair, and naturally quite damn curly. It has always been quite unmanageable(heh, saying that always makes me giggle) and I usually have to brush it when wet to get anything going with it, I use like...nothing in it, except I put a tiny bit of baby oil on it sometimes to hold it together and reduce frizzzzz after washings.

Thanks for all the responses guys, looks like early 2008 time is winning, which is I guess a bit shorter than I was gonna go for, and may be hard to maintain cos it had basically grown out for a year from cuttings, with it once being trimmed and thinned a bit(which led to all sorts of annoyance). I may not get it quite as short as that, but all your opinions have given me some confidence in my original plan!

And Mr.Odwin, it was funny you should mention the facial hair, I was considering it too, maybe giving it a clean shave and then letting it grow out again...

short, man. you look HAWT with the short hair.

altho the first pic is cool - but you'd have to sew a hat to your head or something... O_o

I want to see what you look like when the scab disease takes over you Suresh.

People like my hair short, it's more manageable and cuts down on it falling out more obviously.

short, man. you look HAWT with the short hair.

altho the first pic is cool - but you'd have to sew a hat to your head or something... O_o

Aww thanks, I do rather like it too, and my hat is on my head a good proportion of the time! Sometimes I wish I COULD sew it on! It's currently been misplaced somewhere...

Shorter looks better on you.

But how short short, like back in 07/08 time kinda short? Shorter? I was all confident and now I'm having second thoughts! I should have anticipated this thread just telling me I look like people, though.

Have you ever had long hair EEVIL? I can sort of imagine you with long hair, but it doesn't seem to suit you in my head.

Have you ever had long hair EEVIL? I can sort of imagine you with long hair, but it doesn't seem to suit you in my head.

Depends on ones definition of Long... No where near as long as yours once was. I'm sure I got a piccy somewhere.

Short! Like in some of the last few photos (I can't decide, haha). Middle length (above shoulders) is okay though, but I think you look better with the short hair. =)

Go for the middle look, not too short and not too long. It would suit you better i think.

People reckon the short hair look works for me better than long, of which i did go for long hair once, then hated all the effort needed to keep it straight so got it shaved off.

ReZ,:bowdown:. Only you could think of a CD cover.

Personally I think it looks awesome when long, but then I suppose I'm kind of biased. Maybe a little bit shorter is better, something like shoulder length.

The april last year ones.

Basically long with your facial hair > no hair.

Only long hair is real.

Not always, for example, I'm not a fan of your style of long hair. (on guys)

It oft-looks bad. I can't quite remember what you look like, so can't comment on what it does to you, but yeah.

I think medium-long on guys looks best (if you have to have long hair).

I wish I had...normal hair. That looked good. Easily.

My favorites are short with fully shaved facial hair, short with tash and curly hair sticking out of the hat.

I think you look way better with longer hair. It's worth the extra effort it takes to wash, and style. (Hair care products can be more expensive looking after longer thicker hair but worth every penny I'd say)