N-Europe

"That thing's operational!"

Tellyn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wierd deal. Probably something with how vb 3.8 is handling something versus how 3.6 did. I bet it's something easy to fix we just need to create a support request with vB. Just bare with it for now, I have to go out of town. We will come back to it and fix it.

My friend has just tried to sign up to the forum multiple times and it keeps telling him that he answers the no spam question verification thing wrong when he isnt.

I just tried registering a new account myself to test it and I got the same result.

Yeah you're right - I've used that captcha spam filter in plenty of places and it's always worked - but I just tried it myself and was told it was incorrect.

Will look into it :)

Edit: ok, I've changed the human verification now. Hopefully this works.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah you're right - I've used that captcha spam filter in plenty of places and it's always worked - but I just tried it myself and was told it was incorrect.

Will look into it :)

Edit: ok, I've changed the human verification now. Hopefully this works.

It does. It was me that was trying to sign up. All is good.

Just a thought here, I havn't had time to look in to it or anything, but I know that in the past banned/deleted users used to have their posts remaining on the board after they had been ejected/left etc. Just thinking that since there havn't been any bans or deletes recently, and people keep bringing up that it happens on old threads with lots of pages (which I've found too), that something has changed with the vB update in the way it handles old users' posts. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Just throwing it out there :D

Im 99% certain that these problems cropped up prior to last Tuesday (update). I can't find anything in this or questions, but I'm sure it was mentioned in a thread. One of the big ones, maybe rate the film? I have to shower so cant be bothered to check.