Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Retro_Link

Oh definately!!!

and I think it is Sampras, just in a different outfit. They both have the same brown matted type hair, big eyebrows and shaded stubble. He was one hairy guy!

I went through the screenshots again and I think it is Pete Sampras. In another screenshot with that character you can see "pras" on the scoreboard and the other player is defo not Sampras, so...

I still don't think it looks like Sampras- even less so than the Philippoussis looking guy up in the opening post does. :heh:

Is this game going to have online play? Not really been following it to be honest, but I'm noticing that darksnowman has some issues with Nadal, so I figure it'd be fun to get this game and continually play against him using only Nadal. :grin:

I doubt it, but it'd be pretty funny if they did.

People that want to see super awesome tennis from the best player in the world perhaps? :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lo Siento but I hate that Majorcan tart. :nono: Just don't like him from his style of tennis to the way he comes across in interviews and stuff. But yup, the game has online so you better get it. :heh: I'll have a moral struggle between who to use as my main between Federer and Sampras but I'll smoke you with either!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a moral struggle between who to use as my main between Federer and Sampras but I'll smoke you with either!
Hmm, think I'd probably be choosing between Nadal and Agassi!

I was thinking, what they could do to add a bit of spice to matches, is have HawkEye as a feature that you could turn on or off from the menu.

If you turn it on; say your ball is called out, but it landed very close to the line, a 'HawkEye' icon could flash in the top corner. If you choose to use it, it's basically a game of chance, as the game would then decide on a totally 50/50 basis whether the ball was in or out. And each player can only use it a total of 3 times in a match.

It's nothing more than a game of chance, but it's something that could potentially swing the direction of the match, hence why you'd have the option to turn it on or off, as some people might not want to use this kinda 'party' feature. Could be a fun option though!

Lol! Or even not have it as a game of chance and give us the option to challenge calls that looked close. Three challenges per set, an extra one if it goes to a tie breaker... it would actually add a layer of realism. Has any other tennis games included Hawk-eye challenges?

You know what I was thinking someone needs to try out when making a tennis game? A first person view!

Lol! Or even not have it as a game of chance and give us the option to challenge calls that looked close. Three challenges per set, an extra one if it goes to a tie breaker... it would actually add a layer of realism. Has any other tennis games included Hawk-eye challenges?

You know what I was thinking someone needs to try out when making a tennis game? A first person view!

Nope don't think any sports games have ever used the HawkEye [or equivalent] feature yet.

The thing about not making it something like a game of chance; is that otherwise you would NEVER trust any call the game made, if calls were actually sometimes incorrect!

Lo Siento but I hate that Majorcan tart. :nono: Just don't like him from his style of tennis to the way he comes across in interviews and stuff. But yup, the game has online so you better get it. :heh: I'll have a moral struggle between who to use as my main between Federer and Sampras but I'll smoke you with either!
That's cool. I actually dislike Federer (although probably not as much as you hate Nadal :heh:) so pick him, it can be a grudge match! :laughing:

Interview and trailer on Gamespot.

Looks nice enough in motion! The classic player line up looks good too.

Thanks for the link!

Really like the style, and like you say, looks good in motion.

Though I'm not a fan of the ball being that big! and is it me or do the courts seem a little small? maybe it's just the perspective, which you might be able to change.

Looking forward to it!

Edited by Retro_Link

Interview and trailer on Gamespot.

Looks nice enough in motion! The classic player line up looks good too.

Just been watching the trailer, I think it looks brilliant!

Has almost got a Super Tennis like vibe to it with that visual style. icon14.gif

So in less than a week I've gone from, being pretty much unaware of this game, to wanting to get it just to annoy Steve :heh:, to now be really quite looking forward to it! :hehe:

Yeah the ball does look a bit on the big side. Maybe just to help keep it easily visible? I wouldn't mind seeing some other locations apart from Wimbledon- wonder if they have court number one as well? If the create-a-tennisman thing is good then we should have tournaments online where you can only use your creation... if thats possible.

I'm gonna take particular pleasure in decimating you, Manolito. :grin:

Yeah the ball does look a bit on the big side. Maybe just to help keep it easily visible?
I'm guessing that's the motive behind it. Plus it does fit in with the deformed character design thing they've got going on.

If the create-a-tennisman thing is good then we should have tournaments online where you can only use your creation... if thats possible.
Yeah. Perhaps there will be Mii support too.

I'm gonna take particular pleasure in decimating you, Manolito. :grin:
Bring it!!

Anytime, anyplace, anywhere!...

nadalunderwater.jpg

:laughing:

IGN's preview has me hyped for MotionPlus.

I'm just waiting for games like this to come out, followed buy the usual idiots who will certainly say things like:

I'm not buying the game because I need to buy MotionPlus to get the full experience.... I'm not buying MotionPlus because the Wii Remote should have been like that from day one. It's Nintendo's fault.

I'm just waiting for games like this to come out, followed buy the usual idiots who will certainly say things like:

Indeed. Motion+ wasn't even financially possible on 2005's technology. Gyroscopes that Motion+ uses did cost up to 150 dollars per piece. We can thank InvenSense for great leap in the technology.

IGN's preview has me hyped for MotionPlus.

Yeah, they seem really impressed with MotionPlus. I just read their latest impressions of EA Tennis and it, unsurprisingly, sounds like top notch stuff. :yay:

I can't wait to play a lot more of the game, but even now two truths are rapidly becoming evident. First, EA Grand Slam Tennis is better than Wii Sports Tennis even without MotionPlus support. But with it, the game is in another league entirely.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/962/962284p1.html

With Motion Plus it sounds incredible they've programmed it so it picks up every angle and direction even the difference between Flat, Top spin and Slice perfectly. It will probably take time to master but it will feel thrilling once you have.

Without Motion Plus it seems more timing based the direction you hit the ball while it still detects the amount of power you put into it, while it still detects the difference between the different shots I don't think it will work quite as well without it.

P.S The ball does look out of proportion with the court and players models..

Edited by The-Ironflame

You cannot be serious!

http://www.tennis.easports.com/blognews.action?itemID=McEnroe-Release

cq0x41o8w210lzt.jpgJohnMcEnroe342.jpg

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that tennis legend John McEnroe will headline a roster of some of the sport's all-time greats to be featured in EA SPORTSTM Grand Slam® Tennis. An enigmatic personality both on and off the court, McEnroe will make his videogame debut in EA's new tennis franchise. The game is being developed under the EA SPORTS brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C. It will be available first for the WiiTM and ships to North American retailers on June 16th, 2009.

Edited by Retro_Link

Haha. Does anyone remember that car advert he did, a few months ago?

"It's on the line!"

:D

Anyway, that's a pretty funny model of the guy. I...sorta see the resemblance. :heh:

Yeah I wasn't sure of the character model at first, but that's because I'm so used to seeing him the way he is now, at Wimbledon every year and in all those charity tournaments and stuff he does.

It's good as a 'classic' McEnroe...

img_5.jpg

and yeah that advert was awesome!...

haha, the guys a legend!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!