Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Valentines Day

Kirkatronics

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think war was saying that normally people who want some will wear bright noticable colours to attract attention (like peacocks!) but he seems to be missing the point that the traffic light game has clear rules and red = no go.

And christmas doesnt make people feel isolated, like valentines day does to single people :sad:

I would disagree with that. Valentines Day is really just a one-off day, and there's not a huge build-up to it like Christmas. Sure, there is some build-up, but it's nothing near the same heights as Christmas.

For the feeling of isolation, I'd say Christmas is so much worse. Valentines Day is really about spending that day with a loved one, but Christmas can mean that, but it's also about being with your family, and friend. If you've lost someone in your family at that time of year, I'd say it would be hard to enjoy that Christmas without them being there. It's often a time for remembrance.

Valentines Day comes and goes, and you don't tend to distinguish one year from the next. Christmas sticks with you. Can you remember Valentines Day from when you were 6, or 13, or 18? Maybe, but you'll almost certainly remember each Christmas. You'll remember it more if someone you cared for, like a friend or family member died around that time. So, I'd say the feeling of isolation is worse then.

I tihnk I'll probably spend the day...alone in a dark room. in my pants. crying.

There's lot's of fun stuff to do on the SAD. (See the link below.)

Single awareness day, awesome. I think I shall call it that from now on! Kudos dude.

Seriously, I didn't made it up! Look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles_Awareness_Day

"Happy SAD!"

To bring it back to the original question....

I'm taking my girlfriend out to this restaurant where we get our own "tree house". sounds pretty good and prices are quite reasonable.

For a present I have got her (us) tickets to see The Cure at the Dome as well she loves them. I'll also pick up some chocolates or something.

Moonpig.com is the way to go for your cards. Personalised to the max for £2.99. :)

No because the idea of red = no go has been sckwered by your ilk who believe it to be a "yes go" colour instead. Thus I was saying "fine, if you want to go to a traffic light party and NOT hook up rather than wearing the designated red wear that shirt"

Not sure about that, some girls might find it funny. I know a girl wearing it would get my attention, if only to ask if she actuallly has an STD or not!

I've never been to a traffic light party, but they sounded cool back at uni. Thing is, if you wear green surely you just seem desperate. I reckon orange is the way to go, even if you're single. I'd have to wear red if i went now though, which is stupid. No-one should go if they arn't on the pull :p

Not sure about that, some girls might find it funny. I know a girl wearing it would get my attention, if only to ask if she actuallly has an STD or not!

I've never been to a traffic light party, but they sounded cool back at uni. Thing is, if you wear green surely you just seem desperate. I reckon orange is the way to go, even if you're single. I'd have to wear red if i went now though, which is stupid. No-one should go if they arn't on the pull :p

When we had them at Zanzibar in Leicester they had stickers, your clothes meant nothing. NOTHING I TELL J00.

That's just lame.

I think we've found the reason why ReZ always posts in green though :p

The concept in itself is rather lame. But I think it worked alright with the stickers, as the ladies still wore scantily clad clothing. The fact that most of them weren't coloured is a sign of bad times were we to actually wear coloured clothing.

The latter point... Very interestings.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!