NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

Spent an hour trying to find another one to no avail :(

Steal one? Travelling around is a pain without a horse, and catching a new one is much easier if you "borrow" someone else's to do the job ;) If you can't find a horse then steal the fast-travel carriage.

I've had no issues at night. Could be people's TVs. It's not just brightness setting, some TVs are really bad at showing detail in dark scenes (which would explain the issues).

I love..LOVE the OST to this

I somehow botched up the free soundtrack download form that came with the preorder so i bought all the instrumental tracks off Amazon. Its incredibly good, particulary the Red Dead Theme and The Shootist

Steal one? Travelling around is a pain without a horse, and catching a new one is much easier if you "borrow" someone else's to do the job ;) If you can't find a horse then steal the fast-travel carriage.

Oh I have no problems stealing one to catch one, I just want to find the golden ones again, I think they are the fastest or one of the fastest.

Oh I have no problems stealing one to catch one, I just want to find the golden ones again, I think they are the fastest or one of the fastest.

I bought a deed for the golden horse, it lets you call one whenever you use it (Infinite use btw) However if you play as a good guy, you can get honor discounts cause it's very expensive otherwise. Also you can only unlock the best ones deeds for purchase if you catch one first.

Besides the Warhorse (DLC), there's 3 horses that are roughly tied for next fastest. You actually get one of them for free from Bonnie after the horse wrangling mission (Kentucky Saddler).

Besides the Kentucky there's the Hungarian Halfbred and American Standardbred; all pretty much equal in terms of greatness. Get a deed if you can so you'll have infinite summons of them if they get killed.

I didn't have any difficulty at night time in the wilderness. Did you guys turn the brightness up in the settings?

I've adjusted the settings in there and it hasn't made much difference. Sometimes it's fine at night (like the videos postsed) and others it's pitch black. I think it depends on the weather and where abouts you are (towns are fine).

Go Team and The Quick and Everyone Else - Trophies

1. Gather a posse of 2 people in free roam. You and a partner.

2a. For "Go Team", go to the gang wars post in Armadillo. Do not start it from the back button.

2b. For "The Quick and Everyone Else", go to the free for all post in Armadillo. Do not start it from the back button.

3. Start the game by both pressing Y as the same time and you should be the only people in the lobby.

Vote to kick anyone else who joins.

4. Start the match immediately using the D Pad.

5. Let the person who is going for the achievement win the duel.

6. After the duel, the other player should hit the back button and exit multi-player

7. The remaining wins the match. Send invite to have the other person come back in the game. NOTE: (If someone else comes in the game, make sure you vote to kick right away. Otherwise you may need to do the real fight or start over.)

8. Do this 3 time total for The Quick and Everyone Else and 4 time for Go Team.

I did this twice last night and only had two people join. We were able to vote kick them.

Enjoy!!

So, anyone here who's willing to try this out with me? :p (PS3)

Edited by drahkon

I'll get my mate to give me a hand with these, at some point probably. Having another session tonight, any 360 owners wanting to join a posse with me, i'll be on from 8pm tonight.

I will be won't be on until tomorrow around 8.

Hm, my girl's coming over tonight but maybe I'll find the time to play.

In the course of a stranger mission I've done this for the last 30 minutes:

I need to play liars dice at Thieve's Landing. Ante is 200$ because we play for some property. I won the first time but I can play more. There are two other guys liar's-dicing with me, and since I win everytime I come out with 400$ profit

:)

How do you play for property? ie for 200 dollars. I'm good at that game and got the trophy for not losing any die, and it's quite fun.

How do you play for property? ie for 200 dollars. I'm good at that game and got the trophy for not losing any die, and it's quite fun.

Well, the stranger mission requires that you play liar's dice at Thieves Landing in order to get the property the stranger wants to have. And the Ante for playing in this particular game of Liar's Dice is 200$.

I made up all my gambling losses from playing Poker. 3 perfect games in a row, I tried to win the Trophy for winning 2000 chips in a hand of poker, however the only time it was possible the pot was split up, even though I won both I still didn't unlock it which makes me think you have to win the main pot over 2000 by itself. It made me rage.

I made up all my gambling losses from playing Poker. 3 perfect games in a row, I tried to win the Trophy for winning 2000 chips in a hand of poker, however the only time it was possible the pot was split up, even though I won both I still didn't unlock it which makes me think you have to win the main pot over 2000 by itself. It made me rage.

Yeah, you gotta win the whole 2,000 chips at one go. There is an Outfit which allows you to cheat at Poker, well there are 2. One is only unlockable via Rockstar Social Club.

Do you mean that in a single hand (e.g. say you had a pair of Aces) you have to win 2,000 in just that one deal? If so, that sounds really hard. Does anyone know the best place to play poker to win lots (e.g. where the most people play), or have any tips? I've played poker a bit outside of this game but not massively.

I think its best just to keep playing and playing, learn how the computer is winning that kind of thing. I started off pretty rubbish at it, not folding when I had shit cards, that kind of thing, but now, despite not winning a game yet, I am finding I am willing to take less risks.

I think my game is screwed up. When playing poker the textures keep disappearing and reappearing. Also it keeps saying I have different cards than what I actually have. Say if I have 3 of a kind, once the turns are over and everyone shows their cards the game will say I have a king high straight when i've got nothing of the sort >__< this sucks

Do you mean that in a single hand (e.g. say you had a pair of Aces) you have to win 2,000 in just that one deal? If so, that sounds really hard.

It isn't that hard. I did this in the second area of the game (don't know whether posting the name is spoiling). I can't remember the buy in but I remember that every player started with 500 chips. We were five which means a total of 2500. One com was able to get about 1300 chips in the first hand and I finished off the others in the second (yeah, a bit lucky that it went this fast). So in the heads-up we both had almost the same amount of chips. Then I played (and cheated) for so long until my opponent had a hand he was willing go all in for and until I had a hand that I was sure I would win. Didn't take long and then the pot went up to 2000.

I've played poker a bit outside of this game but not massively.

The computer is very easy to read. If you don't take too many risks you will have no problems.

Spent much of the evening on the multi-player again, but i was doing some hunting earlier in the evening. Working on the Survivalist and Master Hunter challenges. Can't do much more on Survivalist, need to get to Mexico. And i'm hunting the Wolf for the other.

Had a good session though, formed a posse between my mate, cousin and his mate. Went to capture a gang-hideout, but it was being worked on via 2 other posses. Spent 30 minutes fighing each other over who got the mine-cart to the top. Ended up having an all-out shootout over a horse and carrage as well. Later, we trapped 2 rival posse members in Pike's Basin. (after 10 minutes of them owning us). We ended up owning them, as the game placed them back in the basin everytime.

Spent most of the day trying to actually find this game in stores. Nothing in all major high street retailers and due to a 'sunken ship' it's looking unlikely to come in this weekend.

Shame, would have been a good bank holiday game.

Spent most of the day trying to actually find this game in stores. Nothing in all major high street retailers and due to a 'sunken ship' it's looking unlikely to come in this weekend.

After a copy Tapey? I happen to be selling one if you're interested...

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27285

Wait... you'd be after the PS3 version right? Nevermind... anyone looking for a 360 copy? if so click the link. :)

It is a great game for the bank-holiday. GAME in Newport still have PS3 copies. But i don't think that would help you really.

Got the game yesterday. I love all those tiny things that happen while you're just strolling around, theft, prisoners fleeing, people get dragged by horses etc and you can do something about it.

How do I find treasures? Do I need a shovel or something? I'm sure I found the right spot.

I got the DLC, but how do I get the warhorse? Do I need to catch it?

How do I find treasures? Do I need a shovel or something? I'm sure I found the right spot.

Well, for the first treasure:

It's under a pile of stones. When you stand in front of it you just need to press triangle (or Y if you play the game on the Xbox) I can't help you with others because I can't be arsed to be a treasure hunter. Especially since I have about 3000$ .

I just need to buy the rebel material for the rebel outfit, only problem is that the store doesn't have any to sell me, it's there in the shop inventory though under Not Available. Is this a glitch?