NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

Been playing it a bit at my friends place.

Gotta love the bugs in this game, hilarious really.

My favourite so far is when a man on a horse spawned in the sky and fell to their deaths in front of me.

Found all the Legendary animals in Multi-player. Only 2 i had a bit of trouble with was the Puma (consistant attacks from all angles by Cougars). and the Bear (only because i was being attacked by other gamers). Still got to find them in Single-Player, should be interesting.

I keep getting into battles over a Stagecoach with another Posse, it is pretty pathetic but yet somehow really enjoyable at the same time.

I found some of the legendary animals on multiplayer too last night. :p

The cougar cabin area is ridiculous. 1 hit KO swipe! And a huge horde...

I formed a posse with this guy last night and a 3 player posse was using a cheap tactic where they ran towards us on horses and mashed R2 with the best pistol once they get close enough (probably casual aiming too). So we then essentially sniped their horses, causing them to do that long animation where they fall to the ground so they were easy to kill. And because they refused to try any other tactic we'd kill their horse as soon as they spawned since there was a slight delay between them spawning and being on their horse.

Oh, and dead eye in MP is ridiculously overpowered. Even better is that most people don't even think to use it, or know it's available on MP.

Got the game yesterday, enjoying it so far. Finding the horse controls a bit fiddly at times, especially when I use circle to focus on something but thats about my only complaint. Also ive had no problems so far at night time being able to see things.

I found some of the legendary animals on multiplayer too last night. :p

The cougar cabin area is ridiculous. 1 hit KO swipe! And a huge horde...

Had my mate helping me with this, he covered one side of the cabin and i did the other. As soon as the legendary one showed up, i told him the colour of it and said leave that one to me. I shot that one whilst he covered me with the others.

I deem it near impossible to do this legendary animal alone, due to the 1 hit k-o's.

Oh, and dead eye in MP is ridiculously overpowered. Even better is that most people don't even think to use it, or know it's available on MP.

I use dead-eye in multi-player, probably one of the reasons why i keep getting voted out. I do like how the meter only increases per kill you make without using it (and also using the boxes across the land).

I'm fed-up of being kicked out, but i think the sole reason is that no-one likes being shot in the head by me from 100+ yards, to be fair i don't either. But at least i don't moan and vote people out because of it.

Edited by Jimbob

How does Dead Eye work in multiplayer?? Does it just slow everyone else down?

How does Dead Eye work in multiplayer?? Does it just slow everyone else down?

Pretty much, yes.

I never thought it slowed them down? What with it being online.

It stacks a load of lock on crosses as you move the cursor over a person/people, and pressing R2 unleashes the corresponding number of bullets with pretty much 100% accuracy.

OVERKILL.

I got the Redeemed Trophy. I never knew the Aztec gold stranger mission was actually out there. 1 more story trophy left, but I'll have to start a new game to get it. Who knows, may make me come back for hopefully another platinum.

I got the Redeemed Trophy. I never knew the Aztec gold stranger mission was actually out there. 1 more story trophy left, but I'll have to start a new game to get it. Who knows, may make me come back for hopefully another platinum.

I picked up an achievement today for completing all hide-outs in 1 sitting, thought i'd already beat them all.

I picked up an achievement today for completing all hide-outs in 1 sitting, thought i'd already beat them all.

The complete all hideouts within 24 game hours one?

Nooo he means the online one i think, complete all hideouts in 1 public session online.

I got 100% on single player, workin on the multiplayer achievments. Gotta get to 50, thats gonna be such a pain in the ass. I hope they add some DLC online missions to make it more interesting.

If anyone wants to party up for a few gang hideout grindin, msg me :P

Is it the one for not changing horse?

Is it the one for not changing horse?

Yeah, sounds like it. I never got that trophy either...seems a bit silly since the avid explorer like me is bound to lose their horse at some point. Especially if you pass over cougar territory.

Yeah, sounds like it. I never got that trophy either...seems a bit silly since the avid explorer like me is bound to lose their horse at some point. Especially if you pass over cougar territory.

I was lucky and managed to keep the Stallion from the mission with Bonnie right up until the last mission.

Nooo he means the online one i think, complete all hideouts in 1 public session online.

I got 100% on single player, workin on the multiplayer achievments. Gotta get to 50, thats gonna be such a pain in the ass. I hope they add some DLC online missions to make it more interesting.

If anyone wants to party up for a few gang hideout grindin, msg me :P

Yeah, the online one. Didnt think i did them all though, thought i'd only done 5 (Pikes Basin, Nostalgia?, Twin Rocks, Gaptooth, Tumbleweed, that other Mexican one (that i can't remember)). Was all good fun.

Was attempting a few challenges as well, mainly the one where you had to complete Pike's Basin and Twin Rocks in the same session without dying. A complete fail as well.

There is DLC coming end of this month for multi-player, a co-op pack with a few co-op missions within. Free of charge as well.

I was lucky and managed to keep the Stallion from the mission with Bonnie right up until the last mission.

I did all the crap early including buying horse deeds and summoning them. And doing the challenges that involved hunting cougars. :p Unfortunately I had no idea there was such a trophy for keeping the same horse at the time, bit annoying.

Bloody snap aim has made me shoot my horse in the head twice tonight. Goddamn, son!

100%'ed.

Took longer to do GTA4 to 100% cos of those damn birds though!

FFS, game went schizo earlier on me when I decided to beat the living shit out of a dog for no apparent reason. Dog bit me, I jumped next to a horse and the game saved giving me mission accomplished music. My "proper" horse no longer knows me and this shitty cretinous horse now thinks it is my steed.

Balls. Utter fucking balls.

100%'ed.

Took longer to do GTA4 to 100% cos of those damn birds though!

Oh god, those pigeons >_<

Next time I hope the next GTA just goes back to simple hidden packages >_>

Oh god, those pigeons >_<

Next time I hope the next GTA just goes back to simple hidden packages >_>

Would be nice, something similar to San Andrea's with each region having exclusive items to hunt down/collect.

Would be nice, something similar to San Andrea's with each region having exclusive items to hunt down/collect.

I loved just knowing that as I progressed collecting them that I would get more cool things. I used to love trying to find the hidden packages in GTA III and after every 10 I find I find more weapons at my hideout. I don't think you got bugger all in GTA IV for those damn pigeons, I could be wrong, if someone here can tell me.

Anyway, I should talk more about Red Dead xD

Truth be told I have played little for the past week, but I think I am 79% through the game, just loving doing those strangers tasks more then the main mission itself xD

Anyway, I should talk more about Red Dead xD

Truth be told I have played little for the past week, but I think I am 79% through the game, just loving doing those strangers tasks more then the main mission itself xD

Tis a RDR thread.

The stranger missions are awesome, a great break from the main missions. To be fair, so are the random people quests as well (the ones who appear as a blue dot).

Just came out of a 2 1/2 hour session online with a mate of mine. I swear i was in a room full of cowards, because every time i got a couple of kills on players, they all left the room (only the ones who happend to be shot by me and my mate). It was a lot better than being kicked out i have to admit.

Think in the end, as most people tended to leave the room once they got annoyed with being killed off we decided to see how long it would take to drive the whole room out, just for a laugh. Took us 30 minutes tops, was enjoyable i thought. Then we found a horse and cart and decided on a race to Escalara from Blackwater (one of us on the cart, the other had to shoot them off and take the cart, first to arrive in the cart to the destination won).