NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

No doubt there's others that have problems with it, but there's loads of people in here saying they've had no problems with darkness. I just think that given there are people having no problems with identical copies of the game, data-wise to people with problems, it can only really be a problem with TVs. Possibly some sort of display issue specific to this game.

Think i may have to get on with some of the main missions now, i have been doing some of the challenges and stranger missions but they have dried up (probably because they continue in area's where i can't access at the moment).

The only problem(s) i've encountered with these challenges is finding the right places to hunt cougars (can be tricky getting the type of kill required) and foxes. Luckly a mate of mine told me where he found his hunts, worked out well in the end.

Still enjoying it.

I'm kinda annoyed that in free roam there is no train, would love to act out a train robbing with a Posse, it would have been awesome.

BTW Jimbob, where did you find your cougars?

animalmapcopy2.jpg

I found this helpful to get the 4 legendary animals at the end, but the eastern-most cougar spot would be the one where I found my cougars. Using bait helps, and riding your horse means it'll kill your horse first before it kills you.

If you're trying to melee, wait until they run away then chase them, as they don't seem to try attack you then (they're fixated on running away).

Edited by Sheikah

spoilers?

Didnt even know their were legendary animals, cheers for that :|

I'm kinda annoyed that in free roam there is no train, would love to act out a train robbing with a Posse, it would have been awesome.

BTW Jimbob, where did you find your cougars?

I found the cougars around Benedict's Point (near the cliffs and path-way). Get about 3 or 4 at a time, they usually attack everything that goes along it. Have to watch out, other citizens tend to shoot them.

spoilers?

Basically. This.

animalmapcopy2.jpg

I think the legendary animal locations might vary. I was sent to hunt for Lobo down where you have Khan labeled

Edited your post. Added spoiler tags.

spoilers?

They're animals that are coloured slightly differently. Hardly a darn thing legendary about them, they're just called that. They still go down in barely any shots just like the rest of them!

Edited by McPhee

Only about 5 missions into this and not yet feeling it. It just seems extremely sparse and hasn't blown me away with a set piece or genuine 'cool' moment. Seems like GTAIV then.

I bloody hope it gets better!

Online may be where it's at...

My friend keeps nagging me to get this, but I can't afford it, plus Mario Galaxy 2 is out in 10 days.

Where is the cheapest place to get this?

Only about 5 missions into this and not yet feeling it. It just seems extremely sparse and hasn't blown me away with a set piece or genuine 'cool' moment. Seems like GTAIV then.

I bloody hope it gets better!

Online may be where it's at...

I actually preferred the tutorial missions with Bonnie, Marshal Johnson and the tonic-hawking mission with Nigel over the back to back shootouts prevalent later in the game.

The game has a ton of strengths but mission structure/variety unfortunately isnt one of them. Theyre basically a means to get to know the best lead character ever conceived by Rockstar

They're animals that are coloured slightly differently. Hardly a darn thing legendary about them, they're just called that. They still go down in barely any shots just like the rest of them!

Keep digging. More untagged spoilers is always the best way to apologise for posting untagged spoilers :p

My friend keeps nagging me to get this, but I can't afford it, plus Mario Galaxy 2 is out in 10 days.

Where is the cheapest place to get this?

Surprisingly, it's Argos, £34.99

Keep digging. More untagged spoilers is always the best way to apologise for posting untagged spoilers :p

I have nothing to apologise for. As stated, legendary is merely a term and really they're just animals that die in a couple of bullets like any other. They're not Mewtwo.

I changed the tag for the spoiler because your tag 'spoiler' is just daft vague. Unless you have 100% completed the game, how do you know that it's safe to click? What's it a spoiler for? Plus, many people consider spoilers clickable after they have completed the main game - not true here. Hence, the edit to state what the spoiler tag is for.

Yes, my spoiler tag mentioned the legendary, since if you didn't want to see the locations of them you would need to know prior to clicking show that it was information relating to legendary things, etc. But just knowing the tidbit that there is something denoted 'legendary' in the game (as pointed out by a spoiler tag) is hardly a spoiler at all, especially when you consider there's nothing legendary about them.

So, yeah...

Just finished the online challege of completing all the hideouts. Could have used help, but my mate never showed up and the posse i joined didn't want to help, and left me to it.

Edit: I'm getting fed-up of being voted out of games now, this is the 6th one in the past 10 i've played. Can't these idiots accept i'm a good player.

Edited by Jimbob

I keep getting cheated out of XP in multiplayer. My friend and I go in to some hideouts, we waste everyone there, then as we kill the last guy, a load screen comes up. My friend gets XP and I'm suddenly 5 minutes away

I keep getting cheated out of XP in multiplayer. My friend and I go in to some hideouts, we waste everyone there, then as we kill the last guy, a load screen comes up. My friend gets XP and I'm suddenly 5 minutes away

It's probably on the same lines as being booted out of games. hate it. Thats why i try and do a private match, so i don't get booted out.

Annoys the hell out of me, the only game mode I've actually managed to get through the whole game of was capture the bag. Once. It's freaking annoying.

EDIT:

Edgar Ross the double crossing bastard, so glad I got to avenge John's execution.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Annoys the hell out of me, the only game mode I've actually managed to get through the whole game of was capture the bag. Once. It's freaking annoying.

I'm heading online tonight, may run a private session if you're interested. I promise i won't boot anyone out.

Heard in the distance:

"I told you to put away your flint"

"KA-BOOM"

^^'

Heard in the distance:

"I told you to put away your flint"

"KA-BOOM"

^^'

I've had something similar, except it was something like "I'm glad that's done. I'm having a smoke" (or something else indicating that he was about to have a cigarette) followed by the kaboom.

What a game, just finished the main storyline, currently on 96.5%, gotta do the bounty missions and get the last 2 costumes and im done!

I cant wait for DLC, i need more !!!!

Been playing it a bit at my friends place.

Gotta love the bugs in this game, hilarious really.

Fell down a barn and when we tried to get back up there from the first box, Marston raises his hands up and fly's like Superman onto the ledge of the barn.

While riding a horse, trying to catch a train I decide to feed the horse some horse pills to keep the speed up.

The almighty Marston decides to summon a chair into his hand and then drop it while still riding.

Both occasions I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard.

Was playing online last night with some Russian dudes. We were engaged in a stand off duel only for some dudes phone to start ringing. Everyone was lolling - good times.

Im starting to get into this now and it defiantly feels more alive than GTA4 which is insane when you compare the settings.