NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

Good deal. Only question is what are the chances of receiving it on Friday?!!!

I've had this pegged down in my 'to get list' but I wasn't really thinking of getting it. I definitely will within a couple of months after seeing that.

My only problem with it is the auto-aim, it seems way too generous.

Considering the game has been in development hell i'm very surprised it's turned out as well as this. Then again reviews are one thing, individual taste is another.

I'll be picking this game up on Fri or Sat, either way I can't wait for the weekend xD

Whats everyone getting it on then? I'll have to wait until the end of the month before I can afford it but i'll be getting the PS3 version. Need to know who my posse homies are!

Need to know who my posse homies are!

*raises hand*

Can't wait. :bouncy:

Canceled my Split/Second pre-order so my focus will be on RDR.

I'm so going for 100%.

I fucking knew this game would be awesome! This and SMG2 (and possibly Fallout New Vegas later on), each in their own way, games of the fucking year. :bowdown:

Just found this on my doorstep! For some reason i thought it was out next week. So tempted to start it but i want to finish 3DDGH first

This game RULES

Played a good couple of hours and im lovin every second.. shame i have to stop and go the bed!

The world feels so alive.. the towns have lots of people going about there business and when your out in the wild theres a tonne of random animals to kill n skin!

It sounds like GUN multiplied by 5 in terms of quality, which can only be a good thing. Red Dead looks to have a lot more stuff to do, which is pleasing.

Based on reviews? THIS.

Im hanging off this so much im hanging off the bed.

Based on reviews? THIS.

Im hanging off this so much im hanging off the bed.

Indeed, not having any review lower than a 9 (From what I'm aware) is a real achievement.

Checking some sites the 360 version runs better. Come Friday I shall be in my Local GAME picking a copy up, got money off to use, maybe trade in FFXIII while I'm at it. Since it's a PS3 version copy, and the game is only a little better on 360, maybe on PS3, then i can get Alan Wake on 360 after, spread the love around.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Thanks for the Tesco link Cookyman! I wasn't going to order this, but after reading a few really positive reviews - and figuring it's not due out til after I get paid - I impulse-bought it :)

My Tesco order has been despatched. I will definitely use them again. Can't wait to give this a good play - hopefully I'll get a chance at some point over the weekend.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it's getting marks similar to GTAIV; the game that mysteriously sweeped 10s and half a year later we were left questioning how.

Yeah, I have a feeling that this Western setting will do Rockstar much more proud than the gobshite that is GTA. There's far less phone-calling in this that's for sure.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it's getting marks similar to GTAIV; the game that mysteriously sweeped 10s and half a year later we were left questioning how.

If you hated or disliked GTAIV , which i personally loved, the parallels in RDR are going to annoy you just as much.

Even then its hard not to like the setting, themes and the Old West dialect.

With the short time ive spent with the game , i already prefer playing as Marsden over Niko

Once you get your lasso the game gets even more awesome! the controls while using the lasso on the back of your horse can be a little tricky tho