NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

Thanks for the Tesco link Cookyman! I wasn't going to order this, but after reading a few really positive reviews - and figuring it's not due out til after I get paid - I impulse-bought it :)

Your welcome buddy! :hug:

My Tesco order has been despatched. I will definitely use them again. Can't wait to give this a good play - hopefully I'll get a chance at some point over the weekend.

Mine too - hopefully I'll be playing this tomorrow after work. :grin:

GTAIV; the game that mysteriously sweeped 10s and half a year later we were left questioning how.

Huh? GTAIV deserves all the praise it received. Great gameplay, a great city, great story and especially great characters, dialogue and satire. I laughed more with GTAIV than with 99% of movie comedies I see. And I still have The Ballad of Gay Tony to play.

Huh? GTAIV deserves all the praise it received. Great gameplay, a great city, great story and especially great characters, dialogue and satire. I laughed more with GTAIV than with 99% of movie comedies I see. And I still have The Ballad of Gay Tony to play.

I haven't played it enough to comment on story or characters but it definitely doesn't have great gameplay. It's a borefest. The apparently best mission in the game is the bank mission. It's the only mission I've played, I completed it first time and thought it was completely average.

I had a little play on this earlier and loved the atmosphere of it , I'm just being broken into the game now, shooting rabbits and stuff . I'm finding the horse riding difficult atm. Had to laugh when I was meant to be riding in situ with this man but I sped off in the distance by mistake leaving him shouting after me LOLZ

This arrived just now. :bouncy: Those who haven't added me: feel free to do so.

I have this game on the PS3. :smile:

Picked this up for my mate earlier (i'm not much of a western fan). Caused a row in GAME between those who pre-ordered, the staff and the non-pre-order people. There are 2 versions of the game, but the staff only let those who pre-ordered have the special editions today.

Just had a round of poker and won, of course. Shame that the blinds don't raise.

This game, its setting and atmosphere suck you right in. Only done a few missions, but it's one hell of a game already.

What's with the special edition? Only the golden guns download? Meh.

What's with the special edition? Only the golden guns download? Meh.

I have the normal edition and got a pre-order bonus from Amazon which let's me use the Golden Guns. Don't know anything about the special edition though...

There seem to be not many here who play the game?

I for one am and I am FUCKING LOVING IT!!!! xD

Just the open world feel too it truly makes me realise why I love gaming in the first place, linear games are ok, but when there have just been a huge swarm of them already coming out this year, this game is just a nice change in place, especially on the HD systems.

Oh and GTAIV was fun and awesome, besides the annoying cousin calling every 5 minutes it was a very fun game.

Started playing when i got back at 10am from getting this and played it till 3pm. My god it flew by real fast. It's lucky i wanted to trade FFXIII in since GAME gave twice as much credit if you bought this game.

There seem to be not many here who play the game?

I have a rule of not buying games much above €20/€25 or so, no matter how good they are. However, I do think I'm going to open an exception for RDR. And of course SMG2, cause Nintendo games never drop prices, fuck knows why.

I guess I'm 'Fuck' in this situation, it's because of profit.

Started playing when i got back at 10am from getting this and played it till 3pm. My god it flew by real fast.

Yeah, it's so much fun and as you said: time flies by so fast.

I haven't even done many story missions. One bounty hunt, some stranger missions, a bit of hunting (well, killed about 10 animals :D) are on the "finished list".

Just gonna ask again because I'm a persistent son of a bitch.

Anyone who's playing this on the PS3 raise your hand, I'll add you.

I'll be up for some action the whole evening (maybe :p).

Edited by drahkon

*Raises hand*

Since I traded a PS3 version of Final Fantasy 13, I felt to make sure the game I got was on the PS3 (Which would always have been this one). :P

It was the same gameplay; the exact same gameplay as in the previous 3 games albeit on a bigger scale. If I think of a popular title like Zelda, there's usually huge differences between console iterations. And the sandbox novelty does start to wear off a little...

Also, the fact the online was flawed (quite unreliable connection-wise and the freeroaming was a bit ridiculous) and unavailable at least on the PS3 version from the offset. Good game, yes, but not perfect 10s.

It was the same gameplay; the exact same gameplay as in the previous 3 games albeit on a bigger scale. If I think of a popular title like Zelda, there's usually huge differences between console iterations. And the sandbox novelty does start to wear off a little...

Also, the fact the online was flawed (quite unreliable connection-wise and the freeroaming was a bit ridiculous) and unavailable at least on the PS3 version from the offset. Good game, yes, but not perfect 10s.

Console Zelda's are hardly different from each other. Especially the 3D ones.

They didn't have it at work this morning, so I'm without the game until I go to town next week. :(

My own fault really I was in two minds whether to get it on release or not.

Been playing this for about 30 seconds and got this glitch! good start....

Well he is supposed to be drunkenly walking and constantly falling over (try it yourself its hilarious!) but yeah there have been a couple of glitches I found. Doesn't really detract from the great game though.

Really enjoying this so far! Time just flew past on my 2nd session last night. Great fun, so much to do. I'm actually trying to keep on top of the story as well which I could never manage on GTA as I played it so sporadically.

Couple of things are annoying me though (which is probably just because it's not Halo); I find changing gun annoying and I've actually shot and killed someone before instead of lassoing the bandit, also the actual horse riding took me a while to get used to and I still find it hard to change direction quickly etc. I suppose that it's probably quite life like but taking me a while to get used to!

On the whole, it seems to be a fantastic game! All we need now is someone to event a TV which you can see even in direct sunlight so I could take it outside and play!

Appearently all the stores are having delivery problems so it won't arrive before Tuesday at the earliest :(

Excellent game, just go wandering is great, running into people, them asking for a lift back into town and then they nick your horse, bullet in the back for you, sir!!

I also tried to rescue a guy who was getting hanged, i tried to shoot the rope but he wouldn't drop, git.

It's also pretty grim, I understand it was most possibly like that, but kids going missing and get eating by cannibals!!

I'm loving it - any PS3 owners wanna try some online later tonight?