N-Europe

Virtual Barbershop

Bren

They had this at Universal Studios, or was it MGM studios, i cant remember. It was all an audio experience and getting your hair cut was one part of it. Its pretty cool. Cant remember what else they did, though a fly buzzing by each ear seems to ring a bell.

I heard this about a year ago now, pretty amazing, damn brilliant! Though it has its flaws and that, and as far as I' heard they haven't yet managed to develop an algorithm to transform the sound for both left and right ears consistently, or something? The easiest way to make it is just have a dummy head with two mic's hooked up where each ear is?

They had this at Universal Studios, or was it MGM studios, i cant remember. It was all an audio experience and getting your hair cut was one part of it. Its pretty cool. Cant remember what else they did, though a fly buzzing by each ear seems to ring a bell.

It's used a lot in theme park attractions.

In fact, it's a vital component of Stich's Great Escape! in Magic Kingdom in Florida, and other similar things like that.

I believe that was MGM.

And that was much better than the virtual barbershop.