NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe Summer Meetup, innit - Hyde Park, Saturday 18th July. No penguins allowed.

If you were even half as bothered about internet fame as ReZ is then we'd have made that video a long time ago.

Hmm...do I wish to be famous on the internetz...no, because it makes no monies! :heart:

But think of the recognition you'd get. You could be the next Numa-Numa boy, except you being a girl... yeh I don't know where I'm going with this. I'll just leave.

I'll come for the whole weekend.

Re. the hostel room situ - me, stefkov, jayseven, mcphee, bard and chuck all shared a room last time, and it wasn't wierd at all!!

And me if I were to have attended! Le sigh! :(

I say draw up an itinery for each day - try and locate things in roughly the same area and do them at the same time - sure London's not huge but with all the meeting up along the way, etc, we'll be constantly slowed down/sidetracked throughout the day. I think it'd also be nice to consider things like dinner/lunch and arrange places to go, perhaps a little in advance. One night we could go to Chinatown for example! That way if people do split off during the day or get there later, then there's a nice big meal we can all attend :)

Ideas of what to do: there's an aquarium somewhere, could be good fun. I'm also up for Hyde Park like many of the others. I would say London Eye, mainly because it'd make an awesome forum photo, but from what I remember, it's rather pricey!

Dante, we should organise a liverpool meet. Hopefully we can get the geordie scumbags down aswell lol.

I would say London Eye, mainly because it'd make an awesome forum photo, but from what I remember, it's rather pricey!

It's also boring as fuck once you get passed the whole 'omg ferris wheen carriage you can fit a car in :o'

Itineraries usually won't be followed in situations like this. It seems too rigid having places to be and see.

I've been on London eye thrice and I got bored after the first halfway rotation :p Its good but way tooooooo expensive :)

I shall be attending me thinks!!!!

It's also boring as fuck once you get passed the whole 'omg ferris wheen carriage you can fit a car in :o'

Itineraries usually won't be followed in situations like this. It seems too rigid having places to be and see.

Well you're right, we don't want sometihng rigid but I think having a good idea of what to do before we get there might be useful. Otherwise it's just gonna be a case of walking around for a couple of hours trying to decide what we're gonna do before we do it. I think it's only fair on the people who're spending a lot of money coming (such as Eenuh and Raining and all the northern lot) that we're somewhat organised and make the most of our time as a group.

I don't mind doing nothing, mind you :P I'm going to london for the people I'm meeting, not the city.

Wait, the last one was in London too, wasn't it? London is too far for me.

Nothing a train journey wouldn't solve - it's gotta be like 4 hours top? For a weekend that's not too bad!

Nothing a train journey wouldn't solve - it's gotta be like 4 hours top? For a weekend that's not too bad!

Four hours on a train for a weekend is not fun, at all. By the time you get off, you just crave a shower. Not the end of the world, but not anyone's idea of fun.

If you make the journey with other people, it can be great fun :) I've done loads of 4 hour journeys, and yeah it's knackering but if you come down for a weekend then it won't be so bad; arrive friday to a pub, or chilling out in the hotel/hostel room. Saturday you'll be energised, and sunday you'll probably just sleep the whole journey home :)

Four hours on a train for a weekend is not fun, at all. By the time you get off, you just crave a shower. Not the end of the world, but not anyone's idea of fun.

You people are wimps. I mean honestly, God knows how you'd survive a long haul flight! I spent a total of 11 hours travelling from my flat in Mainz all the way to Cardiff University via various methods of transportation and on-foot travel just to see my girlfriend for a few days back in 2007 - you lot need to toughen up!

...Plus the last time I checked hostels/hotels usually came with showers.

I have, on numerous occassions, done London in a day. Bearing in mind thats somewhere between 6 and 7 hours on the train. HARDCORE!

Obviously this would be cool (and somewhat scary if Moogle's going ;)) but really... it's 6 months away, I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing. Put me down as a maybe daytripper, I would be up for general park fun times and then the pub perhaps.

Moogle's a timid flutterbye in the outside room (where the ceiling's so high, with no walled divide).

AND HE OWES ME CIDER! I'm sure of it.

Once more I'll draw attention to the distance for me...

85402852oc4.jpg

You people are wimps.

Too right! I went up to London and back in a day — an almost 12 hour round trip by coach¹ — just so that I could see my ex-girlfriend for an hour whilst she changed flights before heading to America.

Now let's all compare scars.

Anyway, I don't get the issue with spending a few hours in transit. Fair enough if you have to drive yourself, but if you're going by public transport then people on this forum should have even less of an issue than most: who here doesn't have a DS?

¹Not a great mode of transport, granted, but typically I couldn't get the train that day.

Moogle's a timid flutterbye in the outside room (where the ceiling's so high, with no walled divide).

AND HE OWES ME CIDER! I'm sure of it.

'tis true. (and I was a little bit shy in Sheffield)

Would the parking not be a bit of a bastard if i decided to drive? Especially over night. The train's easy enough to catch from Nottingham or Chesterfield, it's just the moolah.

Would the parking not be a bit of a bastard if i decided to drive? Especially over night. The train's easy enough to catch from Nottingham or Chesterfield, it's just the moolah.

Give me petrol monies and I'll be drivings.

Give me petrol monies and I'll be drivings.

I'll be honest, i don't trust you... well i probably do, just not your car. I'd rather catch the train (Or drive myself).

Once more I'll draw attention to the distance for me...

85402852oc4.jpg

Haha shit, I totally didn't know where the Shetlands actually were until now. I was getting it confused with the Isle of Man. !_!

I totally understand your accent now :/

I still don't understand how people can be that far away from...civilisation.

But then I am a city boy.