NEurope
ReZourceman

Weight Loss 2009

I want to lose all my weight, then start over from there (if I want to be "muscley" or whatever).

I just hate myself physically, escept my height. And my eyes.

I'm on the protein drinks, and joining the gym in a few weeks (when it all carms daaarn!)

I'm 5'7 and weigh 8 and a half stone (similar to Dante I think it was). I eat an absolute ton of food but it just goes straight through me. (Yum.) Wish this wasn;t the case but I have an absolutely astounding hot-wired metabolism. It never bloody stops. I could go for a run now (even though it's late). I seem to need to be active all of the time. So yeah, I just don't put any weight on.

But this year I've found my core muscles to be extremely weak (thanks to physio/NHS letting me know why I've had bad back pains). So I HAVE to put weight on this year (for the good of my own health). It's very difficult though.

Everything seems aimed to those overweight so it's quite hard to feel confident about gaining weight. Should be easy but it's not. And it's a pain in the arse as I look about 17 and I'm 25 lol.

I'm on the protein drinks, and joining the gym in a few weeks (when it all carms daaarn!)

I'm 5'7 and weigh 8 and a half stone (similar to Dante I think it was). I eat an absolute ton of food but it just goes straight through me. (Yum.) Wish this wasn;t the case but I have an absolutely astounding hot-wired metabolism. It never bloody stops. I could go for a run now (even though it's late). I seem to need to be active all of the time. So yeah, I just don't put any weight on.

But this year I've found my core muscles to be extremely weak (thanks to physio/NHS letting me know why I've had bad back pains). So I HAVE to put weight on this year (for the good of my own health). It's very difficult though.

Everything seems aimed to those overweight so it's quite hard to feel confident about gaining weight. Should be easy but it's not. And it's a pain in the arse as I look about 17 and I'm 25 lol.

Dude I feel your pain, I also have a stupidly high metabolism and putting on weight for me was bloody hard to do but you can do it! If you're gonna be using the shakes, I'd advise using Maximuscle Progain - it's expensive but very good stuff (well, good as far as protein shakes go....wouldn't ideally recommend them but it sounds reminiscent of my lower weight years). If you're gonna use them you may as well buy a higher quality one, eh? Make sure you get lots of free weights in by the way - the machines are good but they isolate a lot, free weights will strengthen supporting muscles, therefore affecting more of you :)

Dude I feel your pain, I also have a stupidly high metabolism and putting on weight for me was bloody hard to do but you can do it! If you're gonna be using the shakes, I'd advise using Maximuscle Progain - it's expensive but very good stuff (well, good as far as protein shakes go....wouldn't ideally recommend them but it sounds reminiscent of my lower weight years). If you're gonna use them you may as well buy a higher quality one, eh? Make sure you get lots of free weights in by the way - the machines are good but they isolate a lot, free weights will strengthen supporting muscles, therefore affecting more of you :)

Wow, thanks for the direction :)

I'll make sure I look into getting some free weights for the house. Nothing like doing some reps whilst watching telly. I need to really strengthen my lower back so I'm currently doing a bit of googling about that and looking at getting back into my old swimming routine (I'm a qualified swimming teacher, heaven knows why I stopped swimming!!).

Again, thanks for the advice. :)

Swap metabolismses (lol) with me for a week, problem solved! :heh:

I just need to smell food and I put on weight. My weight changes on a daily basis. :(

And yeah it must be shit trying to put on weight, all of the diet classes n such are aimed for overweight people... I wouldn't even know where to start if I was underweight, apart from scoffing loads of chocolate! And lets face it thats not really healthy, is it :heh:

Swap metabolismses (lol) with me for a week, problem solved! :heh:

I just need to smell food and I put on weight.

I wouldn't even know where to start if I was underweight, apart from scoffing loads of chocolate! And lets face it thats not really healthy, is it :heh:

Nosepegs ;)

And yeah, eating chocolate gets "meh" (or BLEEEUUARGH!) after a bit. I'll have to work from the inside. Get those muscles built up. THIS is the year it's PWN!

:yay:

Wow, thanks for the direction :)

I'll make sure I look into getting some free weights for the house. Nothing like doing some reps whilst watching telly. I need to really strengthen my lower back so I'm currently doing a bit of googling about that and looking at getting back into my old swimming routine (I'm a qualified swimming teacher, heaven knows why I stopped swimming!!).

Again, thanks for the advice. :)

Just one more post for fear of sounding like an arrogant know-it-all - one very good back exercise would be deadlifts - something you can easily do at home if you get your hands on a barbell set. I recall a very good trainer in Paris telling me that Squats are perhaps the best free weight exercise you can do - I fucking hate them but they strengthen all sorts of muscles.

Anyways, I'll quit being a nob and let you get on with it, Good luck again buddy!

Nosepegs ;)

And yeah, eating chocolate gets "meh" (or BLEEEUUARGH!) after a bit. I'll have to work from the inside. Get those muscles built up. THIS is the year it's PWN!

:yay:

it really does get a bit boke... I mean i've been eating loads of choc and rubbish (tis the season!). Discussing this with NW earlier... Eating rubbish all the time makes you feel bloated, bleh, and fucks up your sleep something rotten.

If you are having bother with your muscles being weak maybe strengthening them with swimming and/or yoga? My da has been doing yoga for three years (twice a day!) and he is monstrously strong.

Good luck with it!

If you are having bother with your muscles being weak maybe strengthening them with swimming and/or yoga? My da has been doing yoga for three years (twice a day!) and he is monstrously strong.

Good luck with it!

Thanks toots. I asked the doctor about Yoga (looks awesome and feels so good on Wii Fit!) but he said until they truly determine if there are any stressed muscles in my back I'm not to go near it...as it apparently REALLY pushes your core muscles to the max.

Can't wait to get the go-ahead though :) Gonna get a Borat mankini and everything! : peace:

I think I should take up swimming or something. I've realised that I'm really unfit in a pretty bad way. I have my slight disability which has left me really weak on my right side and it's pretty bad. i carried a 6 pack of cans down the road in my right hand on NYE for about 15 mins and my bicep still hurts tonight. It's fucked up.

Hate gyms though. Need something else.

Do running. It's awesome fun. After you break through the initial unfit barrier it is anyway.

I used to run 3 kilometres every night when I lived in the country. Darkness, a rhythm and my iPod; bliss.

mm, running is hard/ unpleasant. My legs are different lengths so my balance is fucked and I aint got no rhythm.

mm, running is hard/ unpleasant. My legs are different lengths so my balance is fucked and I aint got no rhythm.

I was like that but if you do it for a week or two you'll learn to love it. It really does feel fantastic. I hated it to hell before I got fit.

iPod would be good for your rhythm and I'm flat footed but the more you do it the more enjoyable it is.

If anyone else runs here and can back this up, t'would be great. :heh:

Yeah I am super light and easy to throw about. :p

Being light is fun. It saved me from having to wade through a puddle a while back (I was going to and then my brother suddenly hoisted me over his shoulder) and if I ever got to a unconscious state of drunkeness (which never happens but hey ho) I'd be no bother. Hell I've known women carry around handbags with more weight than I.

I was like that but if you do it for a week or two you'll learn to love it. It really does feel fantastic. I hated it to hell before I got fit.

iPod would be good for your rhythm and I'm flat footed but the more you do it the more enjoyable it is.

I can't back that up but this may inspire; it seems to work for Daft. I can assure that he can run fucking rediculously fast.

im just gonna continue going to the gym.. i run ok when im there, gotta keep that up. really i think i'll be ganing weight in muscle. i have a start now, but i seem to have more strength then muscle.

I can't back that up but this may inspire; it seems to work for Daft. I can assure that he can run fucking rediculously fast.

Faster than a stationary train at least. :heh:

Basic rule of thumb: to maintain muscle you need consume decent sources of protein (fish, chicken, beef, Maximuscle protein shakes etc). Its no good depriving yourself of food in so-called 'diets' as your muscle supplies will only get wasted and used as body fuel.

Taking protein before and after weight training are the optimum times for greater muscle growth and replenishment.

Faster than a stationary train at least. :heh:

And me, a pigeon and that middle-aged lady who they refused to let onto the train because she was too slow.

@tapedeck, im told the best way to preserve your back is to strengthen your abs. I recommend doing hanging crunches from a chin-up bar. Its a great ab exercise that simultaneously stretches most of your upper body/arm muscles

I have that super high metabolism you speak of, and ive found the only way i can gain weight is with a steady weightlifting routine, drinking plenty of water, getting 6-8 hours of sleep, and adding alot of peanut butter and tuna to my diet.

Im also on this binge, well it started before xmas and im commiting to the same routine that got me down 1 and half stone in 3 months, its a pretty strict diet, splitting carbs/fat/prot, splitt carb n prot to about 70% and fat to 30%, with the fat being the good kind, and the other 2 being the good kind n all, its a bit shit moral wise and can make you feel pretty low a ttimes, but after 2 months you get to see the effects.

Got a plan if anyone needs to stick by something, giv me a pm :)

I´m in the 15 stone gang and I´m going to do something about it this year.

Going cold turkey fizzy drinks, candy, cookies and chips which encompasses most of the unhealthy part of my diet.

I plan on at least get down to 12 stone-ish .

I get a free gym card from my school as a part of my sports and if I stick to my diet I should be able to reach it.

True, it can kill you to start with. Tying to run the same distance for a week but if you keep it up you'll suddenly feel a lot fitter. It's a pretty awesome feeling, you don't feel out of breath at all.

It's amazing how people's weights can vary so much even if they are the same height. I am 6ft 2 and weigh 88KG (13.9 stone?) the last time I weighed myself a year ago. I am pretty slim and my body can't get any fat at all.. If I eat too much over a few days, I just get a fat belly which looks really ridiculous. It takes me a couple of days to get rid of.

I do a 15 minute run each morning and usually do 50 push ups in one go and however many crunches I can do just before bed. If I do start getting pregnant, I just starve myself until it goes.

Im about 9 stone myself, wouldn't mind being stronger though XD

Swimming is great fun, I'd recommend that to people who hate gyms!

I'm 5' 10 and weight just under 11 and a half. Pretty much weights 3 nights a week and running two nights. In fit condition, don't want to lose any weight at all.