N-Europe

Real Life Morals In Game

Kirkatronics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes confuse going shopping and GTA.

I think whatever the case, I'd still punch slow walking people in the back of the head.

I like to kidnap them, then make them play GTA, observe how they play it, and then if they killed anyone then I would kill them.

Of course I'm not a complete psycho, I tell them that before they play, so its upto them.

I also shoot out the wheels on a truck and make them drive down a crowded street (In GTA...obviously).

Like others, in games like GTA I couldn't really give crap so morals go out the window. Especially that guy who preached every time you exited your safe house, he got a bullet. I'll put that down to no lasting consequences, kill some cops, get six stars, see how long you survive, hurray I'm free again.

However I found the other day in fallout that I did actually consider if I should kill someone. In the end I didn't, so that must prove something... Although I don't know what.

In GTA I can't control my driving anyway so even if I wasn't trying to be evil I still end up killing everyone.

I normally like dabbling into my darkside during games I did in the Knights of the Old Republic but I don't think evil is my style. :)

I could not bring myself to harvest a little sister in Bioshock. I saved them instead. :D

Just a normal day then really.

I think I might be losing my comedy spark, if I ever had one.

I think you're hanging with ReZ too much :P

When I first played fable(as I'm doing now with TLC before I go on to fable 2) I mostly did things that were good, and tried to be/stay good. If I have a choice, then I think I'll reflect my irl morals of goodness(juest yesteday I let twinblade live, but then accidentally punched him in the face so he tried to kick my ass, I ran away to spare his foolish life).

However, in the games to get the most out of it, I later became evil quite readily to do some things and get certain things, and just to explore it all as a whole, really. However, just like life, isn't there good and bad in all of us? No one of us is completely 100% positively moral 100% of the time, it just doesn't work nor happen like that. Same for games. Unless it's like GTA or something, that's steeped so much in an immoral world that I don't think there's any much morality to be had in it.

Gah, no more blasted song lyrics. :indeed:

I find it hard to be evil in games. I just can't bring myself to do nasty stuff. Though in some games I like to play around sometimes, also doing nasty stuff. It depends what "mode" I'm in: When playing around I'm not in a serious mode.

Many will have good morals in real life and try to follow those in games, but will also use the games from time to time to act out their "evil" sides. This way they get those nasty acts out without doing harm to anyone.

I could easily go on a killing spree in a game and get a kick out of it, but I really don't think I could live with myself if I killed someone in real life. I'd feel completely and utterly devastated.

I try to do good in games and if i have to do something bad then i try to do it with the least possilbe damage. unless something like guards piss me off, then i can get a bit carried away.

I must have killed over 500 guards in Assassins creed from pure hate of them stopping me from doing a mission. Oh the corpses!

I try to do good in games and if i have to do something bad then i try to do it with the least possilbe damage. unless something like guards piss me off, then i can get a bit carried away.

I must have killed over 500 guards in Assassins creed from pure hate of them stopping me from doing a mission. Oh the corpses!

I must have killed millions of clones of the beggar woman and the retarded man.

I of a different way to play morally, depending on what game I'm playing (duh). If it's a game where I of markedly awesomer abilities than other people in the village/town/whatever, then I do feel a duty to protect them, with all the courage I of.

However, if I'm of-ing a struggle, just like them, and it becomes a survival have the fittest, like Fallout 3, then I will be nice only to those who are nice to me. In gta I of no real reason to be nice to any particular individual as they're all pretty much just clones, and in Fable 2 I of little care for them as they mostly come back after you of killed them anyway.

But mostly the morals in games, for me, are based upon me second-guessing just how much of the game I'll miss out on if I play one way or the other, rather than any true reflection on me or the morals I of.