NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

inFAMOUS

It's not a case of 'working out', it's a case of doing. I know a lot of people who thought the Plasmids in BioShock were rubbish because they chose to only use Electro Shock and the wrench; you could get by fine using just those two, so they didn't diversify and consequentially didn't have much fun.

If you don't like the game then that's fair enough — don't play the demo on my account. I was simply wondering if you were sabotaging your own enjoyment because I would say that the basic appeal of both this and Crackdown are very similar despite their obvious differences.

I'd much rather like to enjoy this game than not (and honestly, why would anyone not want to enjoy a game? Ultimately, it's my loss if I don't) that's why I'll give the demo another go.

It's Crackdown's obvious differences that make it the game it is.

I'm holding off a day 1 buy to finish God of War 1/2 and a bit more Valkyria Chronicles.

I'd much rather like to enjoy this game than not (and honestly, why would anyone not want to enjoy a game? Ultimately, it's my loss if I don't) that's why I'll give the demo another go.

It's Crackdown's obvious differences that make it the game it is.

And one MASSIVE difference, and the reason I actually bothered to play Crackdown. Co-op. Oh and collecting them orbs. I spent ages running and jumping around collecting them. Other than that I didn't enjoy Crackdown all that much. It was just fun to fuck around. The actual structured part was a bit crap I thought.

Well played the demo and really liked it seemed a solid enough game. However I think whilst there was a good mix of mission types demonstrated I do feel that within each mission there was too much repetition, this could have been solved in two ways make the missions just that little bit shorter or mix things up in different ways.

I loved the defence between good and evil, the electricity effect was more controlled and elegant when good and more wild and uncontrolled as a bad guy. I think I am actually tempted to be in bad in this, not something I often do.

Definately getting this. After reading around comments seem to match what i think.

Its clearly made with good game mechanics ground up. Assassins Creed (or Ass creed) as a game was flat out awful. Especially compared to this. It might have presentation but thats all it really ever had. Much like any Ubisoft game.

There is ofcourse some repetition as in any free roam game. However they have put in more effort than any other free roam i have played. In Infamous the missions were all quite varied enough through basic objectives but actual mission design is what stands out. It helps there are a variety of very different enemy types and the mechanics work well. Makes me think of a much better designed Spiderman 2 if anything.

Played the demo, and I know where my money is going to go next week. Judging from the reviews and the demo, this is much better than I had given it credit for.

nice job!

Seems like a 50/50 split. I've played it 4 times because I liked roaming so much.

I'm defintely going to get it just have to wait till I next get paid on 15th June...due to skintness. Love everything about it I've decided, played it again and think its awesome. Love the cut scenes and think the voice over work is of a really high standard all helps to draw you in.

Gimme chance to get Fallout 3 level maxed out before I get it, plus playing GTA Chinatown Wars and Plants vs Zombies oh and still got Valkiriya Chronicles to complete. so plenty to keep me occupied whilst I wait rather than buy it and not eat for 2 weeks!

played the demo, and i really liked it. deffo keeping that pre order on. just loved the feeling of fredom and smoothness of combat.

I don't like how there's not a great indication of where shots are coming from, and also it seems to me like a couple of shots and you're dead. 1UP mentioned upgrading your health straight away so maybe this is something that wouldn't really be an issue in the game, but I'm still not feeling this game.

I'd probably be willing to give the full game a go if I didn't already have a back catalog of games to play through. I have noticed how I rarely like demo's of games, so I could enjoy the full game.

I don't like how there's not a great indication of where shots are coming from, and also it seems to me like a couple of shots and you're dead. 1UP mentioned upgrading your health straight away so maybe this is something that wouldn't really be an issue in the game, but I'm still not feeling this game.

I'd probably be willing to give the full game a go if I didn't already have a back catalog of games to play through. I have noticed how I rarely like demo's of games, so I could enjoy the full game.

I wouldnt worry Cole an take afew shots. Its not as bas Spiderman where you could swing out of the action trying to find people. The auto lockon also seems to help.

All in all i felt it the demo had solid game design behind it. SO i am definately looking forward to the full package.

Oh good it looks like my copy will be here in the morning. Ive avoided the demo and most of this thread, so this will be a fresh experience

*Rubs hands in glee* Shopto shipping theirs out in the morning! WOO!

Shopto is a God send isnt it.

I've received a dispatch e-mail from them, but is this just one of those times where they process everything the day before and then actually send everything out on the Wednesday? I've had it happen a few times when they've had a lot of orders to get through.

If you're at all interested in Sucker Punch I'd suggest you check out their three Developer Diaries. They're only tangentially about inFAMOUS; it's behind the scenes of the developer, not the game.

Shopto are very good. There are other websites that also deliver quick in comparison to the big boys.

Got mine early this morning from Amazon of all places. I spent a good 2 hours on it and so far so good!

I really wanted to go into this being a bad guy but the first sight of an innocent woman twitching on the ground and ive decided to be Captain Planet again :heh:

Cole handles like a monkey and his platforming acrobatics rarely let me down. If my objective is to leap from a tightrope to a pole to a building ledge, it happens 99 percent of the time so thumbs up on the controls!

Also Empire City isnt quite as interesting or pretty as, say, Liberty City, but its very detailed and much more interactive and to be fair, ive barely seen any of it yet

Tried to redeem the Uncharted 2 beta code but its not up until June 3rd here

My copy has shipped.

I could do with a group hug right about now. SUPER DEPRESSED cos man utd just went and lost the champions league final but infamous limited edition is easing the blow a little bit. Maybe too depressed to go to work tomorrow...

Sigh, does not make me feel THAT much better.

What do you think of the Special Edition? :) Assuming you got it.

What do you think of the Special Edition? :) Assuming you got it.

Looks petty but cant actually tell whats special about it. Comes with a small booklet with some fancy art in it and a redemption code that gives you some blades. Do we EU owners not get access to the Uncharted beta? Did not care till it looked like i dont have it :(

EDIT: Trophies are done in the style of Fallout I.E. relatively simple to obtain if you put in a little time and effort. I very much like it this way although some are hidden and one is to complete the game on hard.

Edited by Deathjam

Looks petty but cant actually tell whats special about it. Comes with a small booklet with some fancy art in it and a redemption code that gives you some blades. Do we EU owners not get access to the Uncharted beta? Did not care till it looked like i dont have it :(

EDIT: Trophies are done in the style of Fallout I.E. relatively simple to obtain if you put in a little time and effort. I very much like it this way although some are hidden and one is to complete the game on hard.

Uncharted beta should be easy to get into. Sounds like they are going to let ina lot of people so you may get a chance without the code. Did anyone else here get into the Fat Princess ebta? Several retailers were doing the beta.

Sign in to follow this