NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

inFAMOUS

The giga blade thingies are actually kinda nice. Though they seem to be a one use kinda thing. You pull them out, use them, baddie dies, and they go back in. And it uses energy each time you pull them out. I think it's an instant kill so its been made this way to avoid abuse.

I played the demo today and just sorta found it hard to get into. I found Cole to be slightly boring and forgettable. I'm surprised I'm not in love with this, I adore superheroes and electricity etc.

Does the demo do the full game any justice?

Cole has quite a few of his powers in the demo which i dont even have after about half a days play, but it really is loads of fun. When when you knock an enemy off a tower, and then attach a nade to him which kills him before he hits the ground, the feeling of 'damn I am badass' is immense.

Can't wait till i get a few more powers but the game feels as if it's quite massive. I think there is three islands and I have nearly finished the first one. Story is very cool too but a bit obvious in places.

I should have it tommorow.

You should of had it today :D Anyways, playing on hard is just that. Very easy to die, even when you max out the damage reduction. Just about to get a new power...wonder what it is...

EDIT: It's not what I was expecting, but damn has it been needed.

Edited by Deathjam

im enjoying it so far, love being the hero.

ive done some spectacular moves so far, punched a guy so he was falling off a tower, then, jumping with him, i delivered a final death blow kick and sent him flying. good times.

Jealous, very jealous. If only thread creators got a free copy of the game for advertising...

In the words of Cole: 'Oh hell yes' after just unlocking the thrusters. The demo only scratches the surface of the game, and all the footage from trailers etc. dont do this game justice at all. So much fun. Even the boss battles are well thought out and the first one (well its all i done so far) is a real head trip!

Got 11 of 21 stunts done but really struggling to do the 'take down an airborne enemy with a melee attack'.

ARGH damn not being able to afford this game until get paid on the 15th...It sounds awesome :( I'm not even sure I will defintely pick it up then either as Ghostbusters is out that week.

ARGH damn not being able to afford this game until get paid on the 15th...It sounds awesome :( I'm not even sure I will defintely pick it up then either as Ghostbusters is out that week.

from what ive seen of ghostbusters, infamous shits all over it.

from what ive seen of ghostbusters, infamous shits all over it.

LOL This statement holds true for most of what is coming out at the moment IMO. Sorry to hype this game so much but, I have just gotten to the second Island. The game is BIG compared to what we get these days in game length. Definitely addicted and can't wait to get home from work and get to finding the rest of those powers. Think I have pretty much everything these is in the demo, yet there is a few more powers that are still locked for me.

Well my copy of EDGE turned up in the post today and both got 7/10 as is often the case with their reviews though I think the words speak more...

EDIT;

Ok so my phone bill just came out I can technically afford this if I can find it for £30 anywhere...supermarkets likely my best bet if they are doing offers for first week...if not may pick up Punchout which is £29 in ASDA.

Edited by flameboy

Just use metacritic its free. :p

No features on Metacritic :awesome: Anyway only costs me like £9 every quarter bit of bargain if you ask me!

Anyone know how much this in supermarkets? I may have to go and get it...

No features on Metacritic :awesome: Anyway only costs me like £9 every quarter bit of bargain if you ask me!

Anyone know how much this in supermarkets? I may have to go and get it...

True.

Asda have tons of sales. I doubt you will get that cheap in the highstreet as online.

hmmm yeah...I can't really afford more than £30 otherwise will be way too short rest of month...may be why I won't pick it up yet.

hmmm yeah...I can't really afford more than £30 otherwise will be way too short rest of month...may be why I won't pick it up yet.

No need to rush. There are more than enough games to play :p

No need to rush. There are more than enough games to play :p

Yeah plus decided can't actually be arsed to walk to ASDA!

Yeah plus decided can't actually be arsed to walk to ASDA!

I'm going to ASDA now to pick up Virtua Tennis. I will have a skeg at the bargains.

Started it. So far so good. Its very solid gameplay wise. Everything works well. Which is nice.

I like how you are rewarded alot. ITs like you are improving the city(trying to be a goody) and you get extra uses. :) Clever.

Game design is good. It sacrfices some minor stuff like blended animation(Assasins Creed) but the ocntrols are oh so good. You are in full control yet flexible. Funnily enough some powers are ahead of the demo already other not even there.

Very glad i brought it!

After reading some of ur positive views on the game it has now come under my radar, i was always curious but thought it would turn out like a bag of shit. I may have to have a look at this!!

After reading some of ur positive views on the game it has now come under my radar, i was always curious but thought it would turn out like a bag of shit. I may have to have a look at this!!

Its really good. It looks unappealing in vids for some reason...]

Its by Sucker Punch so you know it has good game design.

I picked up Punchout today instead...will get this when I get paid...

How is it? It looked too budget to me.

How is it? It looked too budget to me.

It's pretty good, only played two fighters. Motion controls good, much more measured approach than the boxing in Wii Sports. The animation is great really brings the characters to life. It's defintely worth a look.

Sign in to follow this