NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

inFAMOUS

If i have spare i'll put you first on the list.

Its Uncharted so hard to ignore lol. Lets see if Infamous is good itself. Could be a ZOE situation :p

I hope you are referring to the first one, because the second ZOE was full of win.

UK date: May 29th.

Looks like I'll have Infamous in May and Batman in June, thankyou very much!

I don't think I've seen as many trailers for a game pre-release. I'm not complaining though because they don't give too much away. Off topic but I'm getting the KZ2 costume code from the eu forums :)

Btw that site just doesn't load for me btw. Just has the downloading icon.

I've only seen two trailers and that was a while ago. I'm looking to come to this not knowing much.

Trophy info. They sound well implemented.

3485403616_0e4c03f8b9.jpg

So, for trophies, we have a number of different categories which are:

• Game, story and mini-mission completion
  • Collect all dead drops and shards
  • Traversal
  • Stunts
  • Power-Based
  • Karmic decisions

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/29/infamous-trophies-and-stunts/

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah. Encourages multiple playthroughs with karmic decisions I guess.Didn't know karmic was a word.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/infamous-final-hands-on

Eurogamer Hands On

After a couple of hours spent playing four missions from inFamous, some from later in the game, it's clear that this is one thing Sucker Punch has got absolutely right. InFamous combines the nimble parkour style of Assassin's Creed or Mirror's Edge with Crackdown's exaggerated, brutish exuberance to brilliant effect. Cole is fast, his movements are fluid and urgent but predictable, his ability to climb anything is completely unrestricted, and in later stages his jumps are assisted by an electrical glide power that allows him to soar through the air for vast distances.

The feeling of power and dominance in this game is what attracted me to it, so the gliding ability is pretty awesome.

Here's another preview. This game is sounding fantastic and seeing how the Sly games were then it really shouldn't be a surprise :)

Bellevue based Sucker Punch games had a dark-side that no-one new about and it is showing big-time in their new PlayStation 3 game inFAMOUS. It is an open world of madness, movement and kinetic energy. To call it a triple AAA game title is an understatement. I must own this game when it is unleashed on May 26, 2009.

Sucker Punch put aside their cute colorful action Sly Cooper action games and tried their hand a more sinister action game to coincide with their jump from PlayStation 2 hardware to PlayStation 3 development. All of their pent up badness resulted in a mind blowing game. After I got my hands on it at the Sony PlayStation GamersDay Press Event 09 over in Seattle I just knew that I had to lay down the money for a PlayStation 3 system to play it on. If you ask me inFAMOUS is going to be worth the upgrade cost.

After a brief discussion about semantics with one of the executives at Sucker Punch about the nature of what exactly is a second party game developer I am confident to say that Sucker Punch is a second party developer with Sony and since the game is published by Sony and Sony financed the development. It is pretty safe to say that this game will never ever make it to Xbox 360 or Wii. However I currently do not understand the name of the game or the unique capitalization. But that is besides the point. It has been a while since they finished the third Sly Cooper game in late 2005 and it was very satisfying to see talk to the designers of this game that is such an artistic radical departure from their previous four games.

I really got more out of watching the designers and developers play the game to see the sublime beauty and madness of it. They took inspiration from previous games but cooked it into something new and exciting. It is an over the shoulder action adventure game unlike any thing I've scene before. It has the disfunctioning rotting urban metropolis of cyberpunk novels such and William Gibson's two Sprawl and Bridge Trilogies. I felt the madness and kinetic energy of the anime Tekkon Kinreet, the climbing three dimensional spaces of Assassins Creed and Crackdown but with an animated flow of energy that passes past any game out there.

The story follows a bike messenger Cole McGrath in Empire City when six blocks of the city were destroyed in massive blue cataclysmic implosion. He is burned but he survives near the ground zero of the blast. He was infused with magical super powers that allow him to manipulate electrical energy and matter by focusing the energy. A long time passes as he heals from the wounds and things have got to pot in Empire City. The federal government has barricaded and quarantined the city with lethal force. The few remaining city police have not been able to keep order and the city is run by cultish gangs and super-powered maniacal psychic warlords. Now that his city has turned into a magical wasteland Cole is caught up in the events and personalities that thrive and potentially caused the crisis. The dog-eat-dog chaos and long term insanity society dissolving after a apocalyptic crisis that destroyed all order is all there. Besides that it is just like Super Mario Bros. and Halo (I kid).

There is a sense of morality in the game as Cole is presented with events that will shape his good karma or bad karma. If you see an injured civilian you can either give them a bit of your own energy to help them and earn good karma or you can suck the life out of them and get a whole bunch of bad karma. There are different tasks, missions and powers available based on your karma. You can sort of smell electrical power and sap into it to recharge. Cole has developed a lethal aversion to water since it causes him to painfully and fatally short circuit. That is a pretty good reason to not try flying or swimming to shore. He can shoot bolts of lighting, levitate objects, repel bullets as his powers grow. Cole was into urban exploring (This is a first for a video game) and rock climbing before the crisis. Since he is down with urban exploring he is pretty good at climbing all over the place and transversing the shattered city. He is not a super powered costumed hero but he can use his powers to cut through some rough terrain quickly. I loved how he could bolt around the city on the train tracks by surfing the rails with his feat and lightning. There is no loading areas as you pass through the city. It should all load with almost no noticeable pop-in.

Physics and animation are the new graphics. This game could only be done on the PlayStation 3 and it uses the raw CPU power to pull of some mind-bending AI routines and physics. It is not about throwing more people on screen at once but making them behave and interact in away that is not like anything before. They didn't just go with the same stock physics engines that you see in a couple games but they went with some custom advanced mind-blowing stuff. Since they were only targeting the PS3 they could just layer on the crazy awesome effects. Not to be out done by the physics but the animation blending. They have made some wild character animation blending tools that will mix a wide array of animations in real time. It will display movement the way the character wants to move. If you are jumping at and ledge he is going to try to swing his weight around to make the jump and then pull himself up and then balance on the small ledge. I am making it sound way to complex but it is impressive how inverse kinematics and AI based blending tool can make things move. This actually makes the controls simpler since you don't have to tell him to walk and chew gum by pressing buttons but by expressing the game what you want to do and it will do it's best to do it.

They have some good artists and designers at Sucker Punch and they have done a lot with the increased polygon and texture budget. The light shadow effects via the Deferred Shading renderer lets them do near Ray tracing quality volumetric lighting and shading effects on the PS3. This is a long worded way of saying the dust, light, shadows and fire look amazing.

The news was leaked last week that keys for Uncharted 2 : Honor Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta are going to be included with all the early copies of inFAMOUS. That is a pretty spiffy prize to include in the box of cereal but the game could stand on it's own. Anyone comparing it to the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta in Crackdown deserves a Sucker Punch in the arm.

inFAMOUS's art and technology crafted by brilliant people that have an incredible passion for their trade. This is exactly the kind of different creative games that I think can really move the medium of interactive games forward and also entertain and wow millions of fans. This is going to be a huge summer blockbuster game for Sucker Punch and Sony. I almost had to turn way at the press preview event because I didn't want to spoil the effect that I am going to have playing through it the first time. This is going to be an international best seller and any publication worth their weight in salt is going to have it on their best games of the year lists. inFAMOUS made me proud be be a part of video games in the Pacific Northwest. This game is essential to PlayStation's 2009 worldwide lineup of games and it was made right here. I can't wait to see how the game goes over around the world.

This is the game that convinced me that I had to buy a PlayStation 3 as soon as humanly possible to play it. Not Metal Gear Solid 4, not Killzone 2 but inFAMOUS.

Someone should have proofread that.

Sounds good though. I'm still not that hyped. Not sure why.

Someone should have proofread that.

Sounds good though. I'm still not that hyped. Not sure why.

I am hyped after the last trailer. Plus Uncharted beta makes it a safe buy.

Pre-Order inFamous from Play.com and receive an exclusive code to access the 'Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' BETA. Codes and instructions will be sent before the BETA commences (date to be confirmed).
Edited by Choze

ARGH fucks sake...why do play always get the exclusive stuff...I never trust them to get the games to me on time lol...

Been quietly getting hyped for this game, but thinking that I will be busy with demon souls around the time this comes out, so I may just wait a bit and get it later and seeing as im too bothered about the beta (still have the first uncharted to complete) i may as well just get the limited special edition version from Shopto.

I was thinking as I was looking at my PS3 games, I really wouldn't mind if they dished out sequels for them. As long as there was a bit of change and the online modes were given a fresh update I would buy them.

I was thinking as I was looking at my PS3 games, I really wouldn't mind if they dished out sequels for them. As long as there was a bit of change and the online modes were given a fresh update I would buy them.

When I look at my games, I think about how many trophies I still have not got, and how it stirs the dormant completist/perfectionist, preventing me from trading the games in. Also, I have only completed less than half of them. Back in my day, it would be the reverse with me having to complete less than half.

I only go for trophies that I think would be cool to have, or if they happen naturally, I won't go out of my way to get time-consuming one's unless it just occurs or if it is to complete a set.

It can be misleading aswell because sometimes the list will say you've only got 40% of the trophies for it despite having way more than half - usuall because there are a couple of golds and the platinum that count for large percentages.

I only go for trophies that I think would be cool to have, or if they happen naturally, I won't go out of my way to get time-consuming one's unless it just occurs or if it is to complete a set.

It can be misleading aswell because sometimes the list will say you've only got 40% of the trophies for it despite having way more than half - usuall because there are a couple of golds and the platinum that count for large percentages.

Yeah I find that desperately annoying. But going for those trophies isnt dull like you would initially think it is, as sometimes it really does make the game different as you have to up the difficulty or play in an original manner.

Yeah we're going back to the trophies argument but yeah, I find it does make me get more length out of the game. Is it for pride? Showing off your online E-penis? Probably both. I just do it for the bleep :)

Nah, it's just the satisfaction and the fact that you've in a little way been rewarded for your accomplishment.

Trophies dont motivate sometimes. I rent tons of games and i just cant play for trophies only. Trying out Ferrari Challenge and Midnight Club. Both are actually quite good. But the trophies are insane! No way i am bothering.

Valkyria Chronicles on the other hand has none. I am really enjoying it. I think its my next addiction. :grin:

I rarely say this, the music sounds awesome.

http://infamous.ign.com/

Edit: F*cking awesome. Love track 4.

Edit 2: Make that track 5 as well.

Edited by Daft

I rarely say this, the music sounds awesome.

http://infamous.ign.com/

Edit: F*cking awesome. Love track 4.

Did you download the free Qore from US PSN? They have a music feature and tracks with mixing. Well worth checking out.

Did you download the free Qore from US PSN? They have a music feature and tracks with mixing. Well worth checking out.

Is it still there? I'll see if I can find it.

Sign in to follow this