NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

inFAMOUS

Read the thread dipshit! Joking, it's out May 25th in US and probably has a similar date for UK. As I said it has gone gold and ready for release, which Choze felt the need to point out also ;)

Is there a confirmed release date? Just seems odd, GAME don't even seem to have it listed..yet I have been able to preorder the likes of Split/Second and games ever further away.

Is there a confirmed release date? Just seems odd, GAME don't even seem to have it listed..yet I have been able to preorder the likes of Split/Second and games ever further away.

No date yet. Hopefully not too different from the US date.

No date yet. Hopefully not too different from the US date.

Surely it will be quite different though? Gone gold in US and not even got estimates on some uk sites...I may import it...

That's a point, importing is probably the better option seeing as this hasn't got an online mode. I personally think it will be the same date, not that I have any insider knowledge.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah, I don't see why they would be different dates especially as Sony now has a global submissions system in place for PS3 and PSN games.

Well i dont think they will release near Prototype. Infamous is going to have a hard time getting attention compared to an ActivisionBlizzard game(even if they are different). Prototype seems alot like Mercenaries with a Superman x10 character.

Well i dont think they will release near Prototype. Infamous is going to have a hard time getting attention compared to an ActivisionBlizzard game(even if they are different). Prototype seems alot like Mercenaries with a Superman x10 character.

Yeah Prototype looks like Mercenaries and Crackdown rolled into one gory combat orientated pastry, whilst infamous is trying to do far more...

I prefer the whole look of Infamous but Prototype looks like it's a bit more varied.

Plus the morality system in Infamous so far looks incredibly crap. Black or white.

Either way, Assassin's Creed 2 is going to be the best sandbox game this year, so... :p

Well that's why they brought Infamous forward 2 weeks. So hopefully we get it at that time. If not I'll import because personally I'd rather have this than a God of War game.

Love the look of the grenades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyjfdzZ0z4

Edited by dwarf

I prefer the whole look of Infamous but Prototype looks like it's a bit more varied.

Plus the morality system in Infamous so far looks incredibly crap. Black or white.

Either way, Assassin's Creed 2 is going to be the best sandbox game this year, so... :p

Well Hulk Ultimate Destruction got old quickly which i fear with prototyipe. Infamous also doesnt looks so special either in many ways. Luts see how they turn out. Assassins Creed was nice but very boring for the free roaming bit. It needs much more focus.

In general i think sandbox games have not translated well this generation.

Well Hulk Ultimate Destruction got old quickly which i fear with prototyipe. Infamous also doesnt looks so special either in many ways. Luts see how they turn out. Assassins Creed was nice but very boring for the free roaming bit. It needs much more focus.

In general i think sandbox games have not translated well this generation.

I'd argue are two notable exceptions to that, Saints Row 2 for the sheer fun and GTA IV for its approach to narrative.

To be honest I don't think Infamous will make for a brilliant sandbox world, you don't have the wealth of options available to you eg. driving stuff, so in that respect it may get old but the powers look brilliant, so I'm excited for it.

I've a feeling that inFAMOUS¹ is going to surprise a lot of people in the same way that Uncharted did. Many people dismissed the latter as being nothing special until they sat down to play it all the way through for themselves, and I think Sucker Punch's game faces a similar situation. It'll review better than it previews, and despite not doing anything radically new it will crib ideas from a varied array of worthy sources and turn out to be a very enjoyable 8/10 title.

I could be wrong — I've never played it — but my gamer's instinct is usually pretty reliable. Usually.

¹Yeah, I can't see myself using the official capitalisation going forward.

^ Yeah I wrote it and then thought I'd look like an ass so changed it back. Why inFAMOUS? we can see that the word famous is in there anyway.

I'd argue are two notable exceptions to that, Saints Row 2 for the sheer fun and GTA IV for its approach to narrative.

GTA 4 = boring, yawn fest.

Lets see if the upcoming games can change that.

Multiplayer in Among Thieves, eh? Not sure how I feel about that; I suppose there isn't any particular reason such a mode couldn't work, but I question its long term appeal and potential impact on the singleplayer. Either way I guess inFAMOUS now has one more thing in common with Crackdown.

I wonder if Europe will see a similar scheme? SCEE don't seem to be arsed using demos as pre-order incentives, so hopefully we'll be spared the formalities once again.

Hopefully, this'll be my new Crackdown and i can finally enjoy a game...

You never know. No one expected the Killzone beta to be all that. Then look what happened.

Hopefully i get in.

Piss off Choze lol if you get a beta key you are giving it to me because this is my game lol! The latest trailer on the store looks badass. My thread, my beta :p

Piss off Choze lol if you get a beta key you are giving it to me because this is my game lol! The latest trailer on the store looks badass. My thread, my beta :p

If i have spare i'll put you first on the list.

Its Uncharted so hard to ignore lol. Lets see if Infamous is good itself. Could be a ZOE situation :p

Edited by Choze

Sign in to follow this