NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

inFAMOUS

Yeah I did post this! Oh well, hopefully I'll actually get the game soon.

A podcast from IGN recommended completing it on normal as Famous and hard as inFamous. I spose on hard you could go all at and not worry about civilians at all.

Yeah you can change at any point in the game though some story elements require one or the other.

Fun fun game.

Also, finding last few stunts hard to do. Very rare that you find 3 enemies on one roof. And have only 14 shards left to find but have no idea where they are. Really wanted to platinum this game too.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Since finishing the game I've come across two trios of rooftop enemies, but both times I spent ages trying to herd them together only for one not to be caught in the blast.

I have 3 Shards to go. I may just stop looking in the hope that Sucker Punch will patch in some sort of extra assistance like the Dead Drop radar. As is they could be anywhere on any of the islands...

I might go evil for hard. Ending was great. The build up was great. Had several comic book moments.

did you do it good or evil?

Did it good first time through. Always a good guy first time, tis my nature.

A podcast from IGN recommended completing it on normal as Famous and hard as inFamous. I spose on hard you could go all at and not worry about civilians at all.

Yeah, wish i had done this as playing Evil is ridiculously fun and liberating.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Since finishing the game I've come across two trios of rooftop enemies, but both times I spent ages trying to herd them together only for one not to be caught in the blast.

I have 3 Shards to go. I may just stop looking in the hope that Sucker Punch will patch in some sort of extra assistance like the Dead Drop radar. As is they could be anywhere on any of the islands...

From playing evil, just found out that one of the stunts is called crowd control, and got it when taking out a group of protesters with a Shock nade. Pretty sure I dont have that with my good character. Have no idea what the last 3 stunts are.

And i wonder about the shards. If they are randomly placed, have certain places where they can be placed but randomly, as there are missions where you can get shards of people can be 'failed' in that you make a good or bad choice that disrupts you from getting the shards. Where do these ones go? have you missed them forever or do they go back to where the should/could have been.

im nearing platinum, just 3 audio drops and about 125 shards to find.

the stunts are bloody solid to get, the difficult ones were mostly blind luck.

found a good place to gain exp, on the 3rd island. start the side quest were the invisable conduits attack, kill 2 then die, its 100exp every time, soon mounts up.

edit.

done, game totlay finnished, got my platenum and everything

Edited by Chris the great

I dont know if this is a glitch or what but im at the point where im supposed to help the police catch the old man (Arden? Arlen?). Instead of taking the obvious route to the Junk Tower i was climbing along the outer walls and stuff when i 'warped' to the area in front of the Tower with the big flaming junk monster. Now i have no idea how to beat this thing or progress. Help!

hes not so tough, just dive his machine gun fire and shockwave his boulders. keep firing at all times.

If you concentrate fire on the arms, you can shoot them off so all you will need to do is deal with the boulders. You may want to explore that area properly too afterwards as there are a few blast shards about.

Third island is hard as fuck.

it is indeed. your best off sticking to the roofs as much as possible, and leech the city for every volt.

Finished it. I dunno if I can be bored to play it on hard, I'm taking a vacation in Hong Kong in the form of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast for a while now, and then Batman Arkham Asylum comes out. Might sell it, not sure if there's any good games to trade for?

Ive been playing this for a while now and im onto the second Island.

Now dont get me wrong, I am enjoying it and I think probably overall it is the better game when compared to Prototype but one thing ive found is that im not having as much fun. Now I know most of us got bored of the fun in Prototype after a while so what I mean is that the high point when I was still really enjoying Prototype, so far for me anyway hasnt been reached by Infamous.

Still as I said I think Infamous is probably the better game.

I'm getting the game next week so I'll be able to give you my verdict. I really liked the demo so I can only really see it being an enjoyable game.

Would anyone be willing to trade it with me for Prototype once I'm done with it so that I can play through both?

I finally had a proper go of the demo and really started to enjoy it. Decided it's worth a purchase now.

Full game is nicer. The demo gives a good idea of the mechanics though. The story is good too but it picks up after you get a good grounding in the city and it starts to take you on a superhero comic type tour.

Just got the game, great bargain off Ryan :). Will edit post to give impressions.

So far the game hasn't been that great. Haven't got many powers and it kind of feels a struggle traipsing around. Bit confused as to the map markings, on this part where vision is slightly blurred and I have to find sewer but it doesn't show me where to go on the map, only enemies, so a bit stuck.

I'm sure the game will pick up but not impressed as of yet.

Edited by dwarf

Have done the first island and still don't know what to think. On the one hand it's addictive and can feel satisfying to kill, on the other hand it can be slightly irritating, when you're being shot from all sides and you have to zap people quite a few times. Grenades are great, but shooting can feel a bit loose.

Can't help but feel it would be better if you started up with more available juice instead of collecting tons of shards, and side missions are easy but there are so many that it doesn't feel like a special accomplishment, more of a detour.

And whilst it's great obtaining new powers, the trip through the sewer each time pisses me off.

It's like the game is split between being good and being bad, like Cole really.

Have done the first island and still don't know what to think. On the one hand it's addictive and can feel satisfying to kill, on the other hand it can be slightly irritating, when you're being shot from all sides and you have to zap people quite a few times. Grenades are great, but shooting can feel a bit loose.

Can't help but feel it would be better if you started up with more available juice instead of collecting tons of shards, and side missions are easy but there are so many that it doesn't feel like a special accomplishment, more of a detour.

And whilst it's great obtaining new powers, the trip through the sewer each time pisses me off.

It's like the game is split between being good and being bad, like Cole really.

Yeah i hated the way Cole gains powers, not by an epic boss fight, or through relevant story progression. No, instead he has to take a dip through the same dark, shitty sewer maze a dozen times or by completing side missions irrelevant to said power. The side missions are almost as irritating. Otherwise its a fine game, but these issues need to be addressed in the sequel

Keep playing you start off weak but its the journey that counts.

A game shouldn't have a crappy start though. I mean power progression is obviously a cool thing but he really does start with very few moves. And despite being able to climb things and zip along stuff it can feel a bit of a struggle roaming around. It's far more liberating than GTA but if the glide power gave you a brief boost higher into the air which then lead to a few seconds of flying it would have been even better.

Gliding is still cool though.

A game shouldn't have a crappy start though. I mean power progression is obviously a cool thing but he really does start with very few moves. And despite being able to climb things and zip along stuff it can feel a bit of a struggle roaming around. It's far more liberating than GTA but if the glide power gave you a brief boost higher into the air which then lead to a few seconds of flying it would have been even better.

Gliding is still cool though.

Ugh can't you just enjoy the game?! Most people only found the difficulty to be annoying. I dunno, maybe I am just easy to please but I really enjoyed what Infamous had to offer. Would have platinumed it by now if I hadnt of accidently deleted my evil cole file ¬_¬.

Sign in to follow this