N-Europe

Black Wii

Falcon_BlizZACK

Its really taking its time... It was in fact around this time in the Gamecube's lifespan (with the release of Wind Waker) was when the silver cube was available. It would have actually been fantastic if they released it this Christmas alongside Animal Crossing. The next time I get a Wii would be to get the black version to compliment my black Samsung HD with the blue light and my surround sound system.

Is there any reasoning as to why its not happening yet?

I don't think nintendo really need to play the colour card with the wii yet. Microsoft and Sony have done it to try and boost sales with the whole WOW A NEW COLOUR factor, but the Wii is in a position where its not entirely necessary.

I don't think nintendo really need to play the colour card with the wii yet. Microsoft and Sony have done it to try and boost sales with the whole WOW A NEW COLOUR factor, but the Wii is in a position where its not entirely necessary.

On the other hand, when they first showed off the 'revolution' they showed it in a multitude of colours, everyone was chatting about whether they'd get red, green, black etc. - it's a bit disappointing that those options have yet to materialise 2 years later.

Its really taking its time... It was in fact around this time in the Gamecube's lifespan (with the release of Wind Waker) was when the silver cube was available. It would have actually been fantastic if they released it this Christmas alongside Animal Crossing. The next time I get a Wii would be to get the black version to compliment my black Samsung HD with the blue light and my surround sound system.

Is there any reasoning as to why its not happening yet?

New colours are released to improve sales...but Nintendo don't need that...so either sales will drop and they do it; ot sales will neve drop and they release a new batch of colours anyway to be nice!

I remember all the initial designs and there were some amazing colours. I'd love a yellow one with 4 different coloured wiimotes!!

KING V: Have you sold your wii now or did you mean buy another wii?

New colours are released to improve sales...but Nintendo don't need that...so either sales will drop and they do it; ot sales will neve drop and they release a new batch of colours anyway to be nice!

I remember all the initial designs and there were some amazing colours. I'd love a yellow one with 4 different coloured wiimotes!!

KING V: Have you sold your wii now or did you mean buy another wii?

Yeah, its sold... (But the love is still there... But my car became a priority :( ) But the next time I get one, would be a time when I shrouded in games I just have to get, with the Black wii as a bonus.

But not in the case of the GC's dual colour release options - sometimes its just nice to have a choice, Nintendo.

Wasn't it Nintendo who set the original idea of coloured consoles with the N64? I do highly disagree with them pimping such a range of colours, only for them not to have even materialised 2 years later. How long into the N64 lifespan did they release the coloured ones?

I feel they might be trying to maintain their identity of the Wii as this little white box to the mainstream though, I can actually imagine many of the non-gamers(and/or 'casuals') finding a non-white Wii a bit strange.

Wasn't it Nintendo who set the original idea of coloured consoles with the N64? I do highly disagree with them pimping such a range of colours, only for them not to have even materialised 2 years later. How long into the N64 lifespan did they release the coloured ones?

I feel they might be trying to maintain their identity of the Wii as this little white box to the mainstream though, I can actually imagine many of the non-gamers(and/or 'casuals') finding a non-white Wii a bit strange.

But the black-white duo is getting mainstream tho. Even strictly, almost trademarked white products (Macbook, ipod) get a black companion.

I've still put off buying a 4th remote until a black one comes out.

Me too... except i'm putting off a 3rd and 4th controller while waiting for black Wiimotes, I bet Nintendo would see a big spike in Wiimote and Nunchuck sales if there were new colours, i bet very few people actually have 4 of each.

It's a very solid argument. Changing the casing colour isn't just a case of adding some dye and flicking the machine back on - it's much more involved than that. Add to that the different packaging, re-working distribution models, analysing supply and demand trends and it all adds up to a lot of work for something that to the outsider looks quite easy.

Nintendo will release it when they need to boost the Wii sales. Probably about three years from now.

I rather think that three years from not (winter 2011), Nintendo will be scratching their heads on how on earth they're supposed to get the casual gamer off their Wii and realise that the Wii HD is what they really "want" to spend their money on. If it'll happen, it'll be as soon as you can walk in to game/gamestop/wallmart and just ask for a Wii and be nearly guaranteed to get it the same day. I think that'll be in about a year.

I'd really love a black Wii, it'd just look sleek if you'd put it in a car.