NEurope
Dante

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Is this game going to be a 1 sitting affair because it's so good? I'll probably buy it next week.

^ By that, I was meaning that there's something about the gameplay that's putting me off slightly, just as it was when I was contemplating GoW that things about the gameplay were putting me off of getting it.

I personally I think the combat in Uncharted 2 is a lot better than Gears, despite their ostensible similarities.

Both are largely cover-based, but I far prefer the feel of controlling Nathan Drake over Marcus Fenix. With the latter it's more like I'm driving rather than controlling a bi-pedal person and the added freedoms of Uncharted — climbing scenery, shooting whilst hanging, sneaking up on dudes and breaking their necks, etcetera — leave me feeling that I always have options other than "cower behind this piece of cover until everything's dead". To me it's a bit like the difference between Halo and other first-person shooters, the real magic of Bungie's game being that you always have multiple means of attack — shoot, grenade, melee — instantly accessible at all times, allowing you to switch things up at a half-second's notice and take on the same situation's differently each time.

Blah, blah, blah. I know that was rather tangential but I'm pretty much just sat here waiting for tomorrow at this point.

Got the game today but wont be able to play till thur night :( stupid work !!!

Sounds great tho from the comments iv read :)

I hate it when review say "It will take you 12 hours to play through for the average gamer" when infact it's much shorter.

It really really annoys me.

Edited by Caris

I hate it when review say "It's will take you 12 hours to play through for the average gamer" when infact it's much shorter.

It really really annoys me.

U finished it already ?

Nah, but I would say it's about the same length as the original providing I don't encounter any super long chapters.

I don't have a problem with it, I just have a problem with reviewers saying games are longer than they are.

Anyone tell me how many more T: DM multiplayer maps there are? There were 4 in the beta I think, (Ice, Temple, Village and Plaza) other good ones?

I've just finished Drake's Fortune on Hard and went straight to Among Thieves. Got $100,000 to spend in the store for doing that. Looks alot better so far.

Up to chapter 24 now, think its time the PS3 got turned off for the day as its been running since about 12:30. Shouldnt take me long to finish tomorrow, although I did keep dying on a few bits in chapter 23 until I figured them out.

Finished Uncharted 2, took me 9 hours 47 minutes on Easy. Defiantly longer than the first, I take back what I said before.

Amazed by the game, the polish to everything is unbelievable. Although looking back it's weird, Uncharted 2's single player is better than Drakes Fortune in every single way but I think I preferred the originals for some reason. Don't get me wrong 2 is amazing in every way and possibly my GOTY but I think I just preferred the setting of a Island over what places you visit in Among Thieves.

Anyways, co-op time!

Just finished the game on normal, completed it in 9 hours 53 so longer than the 8 hours I predicted earlier in the thread.

Loved nearly all of the game, my only complaint was the end boss battle

It just felt repetetive, running around in circles shooting the resin

Also did anyone catch the nod to the first game, in Napal I think when:

You have to turn the power back on to get Chloe out of the elevator and you mention something about the power being off and there had better not be any undead zombies around the corner

im loving it so far, i think im on chapter 17. dont think ive played a game so well made in ages. currently, its my game of this console generation.

I take back what I said yesterday about preferring Uncharted Drakes Fortune, going through it again now and it's amazing. Think I rushed it yesterday, didn't take it all in.

Well once again my copy didn't arrive today. :(

GAME sent me a e-mail saying it was dispatched on Tuesday as well...

Id say this is gonna be hard to beat now for my game of the year, at the moment its up there for game of the generation.

Charted! - Hard Trophy get.

Now to run through on Crushing, and go treasure hunting, and do some more co-op, and get into multiplayer, and......

God this game is so good.

It was a bit weird seeing Bungie in the end credits though.

It was OK. As good as any other boss fight I suppose. It did get annoying the first few attempts, he was just making me his bitch. But once I figured a 'route', he was a pushover. He's gonna be nails on crushing though *shudders*

It was OK. As good as any other boss fight I suppose. It did get annoying the first few attempts, he was just making me his bitch. But once I figured a 'route', he was a pushover. He's gonna be nails on crushing though *shudders*

Luckily you'll prolly have unlimited ammo and slow-mo by then :grin::grin:

Luckily you'll prolly have unlimited ammo and slow-mo by then :grin::grin:

I have, but you can only use it for the difficulty setting you have already completed it on. Unfortunately.

I have got my copy only problem is I'm work till 5! But will be straight on with this when I get home...so what difficulty would people recommend to start on? considering I very well do a second playthrough...yet to on the first one for trophies actually.