NEurope
Dante

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Like others, I've also just finished. End boss battle was a down point to say the least. Given what had preceded it, surely they could have made a better ending to the action than that.

Other than that, it was fantastic. By far the best game on the PS3. Best game of this year? Possibly. I can't remember what's been release and what's still to come but it's definitely a contend alright. Game of the generation? Well, it's a fantastic game and sure as hell puts to shame many other titles on all consoles but this generation has provided some truly amazing games that have innovated as well as provided the entertainment and presentation. It's right up there as one of the pinnacles of this generation though, and definitely as I've said the best game on the PS3.

Not sure how much online multiplayer I'll dive into now though. Have had a small go, would like to try the coop but don't have a headset so that's out of the question at the moment. Probably go for another run through though and see if I can pick up some more trophies.

Just literally completed this on hard and like everyone else loved it...whens uncharted 3 out?! :p Now its time to indulge in a spot of multiplayer me thinks...

Anyone up for some multiplayer on this tonight maybe? I finally got my bluetooth headset working last night - had it for ages just not had any PS3 game to play online aside from MGS4 but long updates plus passwords = fail - and then the first random match I joined... two foreign players ... so I didn't really get to try it out as such :/ anyway I'm up for a match or two tonight if anyone else is, so for those who don't have me added on PSN and want to my ID is... Metal-Mutiny same as my Xbox Live one basically but with a " - " inbetween because someone obv saw my name on Xbox Live and decided they wanted it for their PSN - I didn't have a PS3 when it first came out - but yeah I'm the original. :heh:

How have peoples experiences been with the multiplayer thus far? I've only played the co-op horder-like missions where you have to survive for "X" number of rounds and the one where you have to get the treasure... pretty fun but one thing I don't get, when the enemies grab you from behind and basically rape/strangle you it tells you to press Triangle but it does nothing ... you're just reliant on someone saving your ass lol so what's the fucking point in pressing Triangle repeatedly, unless I'm missing something? :blank:

Great co-op matches Cooky this afternoon!! Sorry you were so busy rescuing my ass all the time :p

Damn the co-ops really hard, even on easy :p

Great co-op matches Cooky this afternoon!! Sorry you were so busy rescuing my ass all the time :p

Damn the co-ops really hard, even on easy :p

Yup they are tough going :weep: - but very good fun :grin: - easier with 3 players :bouncy:

Definitely one of the best games this generation. No single player or coop game touches it on sheer quality. Really enjoying my second playthrough.

Multiplayer is also excellent. Gotten into the groove of deathmatch and other modes despite matchmaking etc. Coop survival is brilliant as its like a more crazy Mercenaries mode.

Now for earning tons more money.

If you have a PS3 obviously goes without saying you should have this game. Dont think anything will come out rest of the year with this level of quality.

Edited by Choze

I'm up for some playing of this tonight, perhaps some co-op will get in from work at around 7.30ish?

Definitely one of the best games this generation. No single player or coop game touches it on sheer quality. Really enjoying my second playthrough.

Multiplayer is also excellent. Gotten into the groove of deathmatch and other modes despite matchmaking etc. Coop survival is brilliant as its like a more crazy Mercenaries mode.

Now for earning tons more money.

If you have a PS3 obviously goes without saying you should have this game. Dont think anything will come out rest of the year with this level of quality.

Don't forget Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed II and Moder Warfare 2 ;)

Was great fun, but i still think i enjoyed the first one more. Game of the generation for me so far has been either Drakes Fortune or Gears of War.

^ Really? I haven't played Drake's Fortune so I can't put my opinion across on that one but I certainly wouldn't say Gears of War was the best this generation. I think in all honesty, if we look at the games so far this generation, the one that wins it for single player experience is Fallout 3. You could argue against that but realistically, it just nailed the single player experience and I doubt we'll see anything top it. That's not to take anything away from this because Uncharted 2 really did present a very polished single player experience.

But back to this. I may make an appearance online tonight for some multiplayer. I'm still rocking the whole 'no headset thing' but perhaps that'll change over the weekend. It's preventing me from trying out the coop which I really do want to try.

Edited by Ganepark32

Without a doubt my game of the year. There have been many great games this year but none come close to this and I havn't even touched the multiplayer yet, bar some game time on the beta.

Was great fun, but i still think i enjoyed the first one more. Game of the generation for me so far has been either Drakes Fortune or Gears of War.

Uncharted Drakes Fortune was great but Uncharted 2 is a much better game all round. Even down to the non gameplay elements. Heck i really just like replaying it lol. Its hard to pin down what my fave bit is because this game is full of really awesome bits. Doughnut Drake for the win.

Coop story is amazing. Shame there are only 3(but very long) levels. Survival is just amazing. Addicted to it. Those grabbing guys are nerve racking. Literally have like 10 of them come and constantly save each other 10 times in a row. lol. Good fun.

Dunno if people know but the first episode of the motion comic prequel is up on the US PSN...for free!

Good games last night, best moment had to be when Cooky sneaked up behind someone and killed them started to dance to show off and got shot in the head from behind, glad I was already dead to watch it was hilarious!

OK I'm in a way 'catching up' on everyone here, just completed the campaign on Hard. It was bloody brilliant, really enjoyed the dialogue and the flow of the jumping/shooting.

For me Fallout 3 still holds game of this gen, but in a way that sort of thing doesn't have to be decided, that's why we have genres to pick from. Uncharted was meant to be a thrill-ride and it succeeded in pretty much every single area. I'm just glad I don't have to pick between the best games on the system

Apart from the beta, I've hardly had a go at the multiplayer so I look forward to that. Missed loads of treasures so will have to guide them up, whilst enduring crushing mode.

Man I really like Elena as a character for some reason, they managed to make her seem really important to Drake, and it helps that you see her a lot in the first game. I actually thought she might've died from the grenade, because Naughtydog could have opted for a more sombre ending, but as it is I'm glad she didn't. I'm not sure what they can improve on significantly in Uncharted 3.

Yeah, the end boss fight was a bit shit, and didn't really work, but it wasn't abysmal and I can sort of forgive it. Would've been nice to have seen a more cinematic ending to the villain, but then the bridge crumble fixed that issue.

The interchanges between Chloe and Drake were genius, but I (unlike most) would've liked to see more of Victor Godamnit Sullivan.

Sad to think it'll be a long time before I play a game as... hard-hitting? It genuinely sapped some of my energy after finishing, and I feel a bit empty that there won't be any more antics to enjoy from the cast.

Btw, are you kidding Esequiel? Among Thieves is so much better than Drakes Fortune, that I'd say this was fact. If you played this first you would think otherwise, and even though the first game was a great surprise package, the overall quality of this outweighs that surprise factor.

Edited by dwarf

Finally found the time to complete this too. Really enjoyed it all and it is as well-polished, written and designed as everyone has been saying. (Erin from Farscape as Chloe too = win!)

Although it was brilliant I couldn't help but feel there was too much gun play in parts. Mainly as it became a test of wills against more and more waves of enemies. The amount of men Drake had to kill was obscene in parts.

For me, from the snow area on, it became a slog to play through and I actually began to care more about finishing it than any of the characters/plot.

Best part of the game for me was breaking into the museum at the beginning, the train sequence as well as Nepal (which was just incredible - all of it.)

I also enjoyed just wandering around the snowy village. It was a nice diversion from all of the gun play.

Still, a brilliant game :D I think I would just like more time to soak up the frickin' incredible graphics next time. Kinda like Uncharted 1. Multiplayer is brilliant though. Bought an official Headset for this alone so hopefully I'll have more time to play it now!

Anyone else think it was awful? When Drake just kissed Elena it felt forced and fair enough the clown joke was pretty good but...man it was short and kinda felt like an anti climax. However, I've been spoilt by MGS4's 3hr ending! I guess Uncharted is all about the journey rather than the destination.

Quality title. IMO best PS3 game since Uncharted: Drake's Fortune!

For me, from the snow area on, it became a slog to play through and I actually began to care more about finishing it than any of the characters/plot.

I think that's testament to how gripping the game is. The chapters merged in a way that made it difficult to stop playing so it's more down to a long session if it became a slog I think. If you complete say, 4 chapters a day, then it'd probably be far more enjoyable.

Good games last night, best moment had to be when Cooky sneaked up behind someone and killed them started to dance to show off and got shot in the head from behind, glad I was already dead to watch it was hilarious!

Yeah that was comedy gold.

Yeah that was comedy gold.

So glad I was watching you otherwise would have totally missed it...one of those moments where right place right time=lots of lols!

So who would you guys rather bone, Chloe or Nate?

I finally got around to playing this today. The visuals are frequently jaw-dropping and i love the banter between the excellent cast. I do have some minor qualms concerning the actual gameplay and linear level design but ill save it til after ive finished it. So far so good!

So who would you guys rather bone, Chloe or Nate?

You probably haven't realized, but you misspelled 'Elena'.

Absolutely minced it tonight. Had my positive KD spreads, and my medals all over the mu-fucking show.

You probably haven't realized, but you misspelled 'Elena'.

Oh that wasn't a typo