N-Europe

The Big Bang Theory

ReZourceman

I watched this and I quite like it. :)

Some of the jokes are pretty lame and it feels like they are trying to hard to for example LOLCATS:

I don't know it just seems a bit forced. I know people who don't normally know about LOLCATS are just finding out which is why I assume this joke has been made. It was even in the paper the other day!

Anywho, when they are not desperately trying to appeal to the masses it has some brilliant subtleties! :D and makes my inner nerd laugh!

And I can unfortunately relate too well with each character. >__<

Except Penny... :p

Jack may have been good in Will & Grace, but in The Big Bang Theory it was unneeded and bullshit. I prefered Karen, her voice was slightly annoying but she needed a plowing.

I do agree, it was pointless. Yeah, Karen was by far the best character on the show. It's rather funny, considering the two title characters were out done by the two supporting characters. They need their own show, I need more Karen.

I dont know how anyone could not love The Big Bang Theory, i love it so much.

I tried watching the IT crowd last night because so many of you were saying its better, but what the fuck? The two are barely in the same league. The IT crowd for one seemed to be a sketch show of sorts, wheras TBBT is a sitcom. In any case, i couldnt see many similarities at all. The two focus on totally different methods of entertaining, and i personally find TBBT more endearing. The IT crowd was funny in parts, but more for behavioural situations, whereas TBBT is funnier for its dialogue.

That's what i could gather from that one episode anyway, so i stick by my assertion that TBBT rocks :)

I think the reasons why some of us find it very good is that we can relate to it and understand it well. For example Sheldon playing on a Mario 64 emulator (including the correct sound effects when you pause the game), or when Penny does now know what to get for Leonard's birthday so Sheldon is recommending her equipement such as a Wireless N router. Even in the latest advert I smile when he talks about his missing neutrino since I have a brief idea of a neutrino in AS physics. Same idea goes of IT Crowd, since I know some of the terminology it makes it a very funny show, the latest advert goes on about them discussing football which is hilarious for me because I love football :heh:

There is an episode (Series 2 Episode 1) where they go to the cinema/theatre and when I watched it I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Amazing episode.

i watched it with a friend, straight away we put it on again, and for the next coupld of weeks we watched it a stupid number of time.

got funnier each time.

The episode on Friday wasn't the best ever IT Crowd. It is a really funny program at times. There is an episode (Series 2 Episode 1) where they go to the cinema/theatre and when I watched it I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Amazing episode.

Aahh, that's an excellent episode. :grin:

One of the reasons why I watch IT Crowd is because of the people who are in it. Richard Ayoade is a legend, and the same goes for Chris Morris, who was "replaced" by Matt Berry, yet another legend. Plus Noel Fielding's sporadic appearances are always pretty good.

The episode on Friday wasn't the best ever IT Crowd. It is a really funny program at times.

I love it when people say that. You give a programme a go and it's "not the best". I've said it myself, the prime concept of Sod's Law.

EDIT:

I've just seen the first episode of the new series. I think it was, with the secret, bad fish, ticks being the blood sucking parasites [a joke apparently].

It was fucking awful.

The episode on Friday wasn't the best ever IT Crowd. It is a really funny program at times. There is an episode (Series 2 Episode 1) where they go to the cinema/theatre and when I watched it I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Amazing episode.

Yeah! Agreed. And like, I loved the bit in the episode where it referred back to last series, the 911/999 number. Bloody hilarious. I was in stitches when they referenced back.

I love it when people say that. You give a programme a go and it's "not the best". I've said it myself, the prime concept of Sod's Law.

EDIT:

I've just seen the first episode of the new series. I think it was, with the secret, bad fish, ticks being the blood sucking parasites [a joke apparently].

It was fucking awful.

err it WASN'T the best episode!

is it fair to judge the simpsons on the last 100 episodes?

It's a really good show.