N-Europe

Insignificance

navarre

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you? Or did I misunderstand something? :confused:

I thought you meant that somebody suggested it which is why I saw a face. What did you mean?

Can anyone actually tell me what is as big to us, as we are to an electron? Or to an atom? It's all good knowing that this really big thing is this much bigger than really big thing, but I wanna try and put it into some sort of relative perspectives!

Well if my google skills are good then an electron is 2.8E^-15m in diameter. If you imagined us as a ball then we would be roughly 1m in diameter (to make things easier for me.) So therefore we are 3.6E^14 times bigger than an electron (of course I'm round quite a lot here as well as estimating so the answer's hardly going to be exact, but I'm guessing you only wanted a rough guide anyway.) Therefore if we are 1m in diameter then we need to find something that is 3.6E^14m in diameter. The sun is roughly 1.4E^9m in diameter. Therefore if an electron was 1m in diameter then we would be roughly 260000 times bigger than the sun.

After looking at all the pictures, i believe we are not alone. I mean, look at the galaxy picture and tell me that none of them contain any possibilities of life. The way i believe it, until proven otherwise is that there is the possibility of one or two planets of life in each known galaxy or seen galaxy. We have one with life and one other with possible life.

I always like to think, if space is infinite then it must have everything including a parallel universe exactly the same, which means right now a person exactly like me in every way as though it is me could be doing exactly what I'm doing. It is possible :)

But yeah, those pictures are cool.

After looking at all the pictures, i believe we are not alone. I mean, look at the galaxy picture and tell me that none of them contain any possibilities of life. The way i believe it, until proven otherwise is that there is the possibility of one or two planets of life in each known galaxy or seen galaxy. We have one with life and one other with possible life.

Agreed. Whats amazing to me is that there is a possibility those larger stars have extremely large planets with life... And what if having a large star incorporated some form of gigantism on a planet - Land of the Giants!

Looking at all those pic's I still don't feel tiny :p but I do in London!! I jus can't think on the big scheme of everythin, it really does hurt my head!!

I like the idea that they'd get smaller with age, lotsa people I know have got smaller as they get older! - I need to talk rubbish about this more but gotta go for now .............

Antares is a masculine name. Sounds way better for a boy, therefore.

I'm choosing ancient/classical named for my children though, in any case. Always on the lookout for good one for my K.K folder* of names I'll force my wife to choose from.

*props to anyone who knows what the 2 K's stand for.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!