N-Europe

Guy Fawkes Night slash Fireworks! Scrrreeeeeeeee....Bfppooooommm!

ReZourceman

(That was my attempt at a typed firework sound)

So what do you have planned tomorrow? Or soon in celebration of this night event!

I can't believe this has come so quickly? I mean...2008 as a whole has just flown by. At the speed of light....

...At the speed, of smokey, noisey, firey, light. Fireworks. Wheeeeee.

^_^

I never buy fireworks but i love them. It used to be a familly tradition to go to Alton Towers every year. They had the best fireworks show until recently when some old hag sued them for making too much noise, now they dont do it anymore.

Grr, it makes me mad that one little old lady can ruin something that thousands of people enjoyed, just because for a few nights a year she had to put up with fireworks. They wern't even on that late! I hope she dies soon and they can do the shows again :p

Anyway, i wont be doing anything this year. Although i'm going to DIsneyland next week so i hope to see some fireworks there. They usually have awesome shows every night at this time of year. I guess i'm a bit spoilt when it comes to firework shows actually, these cheap local bonfire jobbies never wow me enough to bother going.

I never buy fireworks but i love them. It used to be a familly tradition to go to Alton Towers every year. They had the best fireworks show until recently when some old hag sued them for making too much noise, now they dont do it anymore.

Grr, it makes me mad that one little old lady can ruin something that thousands of people enjoyed, just because for a few nights a year she had to put up with fireworks. They wern't even on that late! I hope she dies soon and they can do the shows again :p

I think thats Mr and Mrs Roper. They're a couple of cunts, and even complain about the noise that the park makes on a general day-to-day schedule. (None of the other neighbours can hear this supposed noise by the way) in fact they wanted to take Tussads to court again about a month ago due to noise....

.....Except they've had to withdraw their case on account of Alton not actually being owned by Tussads anymore. Massive lolz for them.:heh:

I am doing little tomorrow, probably nothing in fact than going to Surbiton with a mate and getting pissed in his halls.

SATURDAY however, is Blackheath. Traditional stuff. I think I've been for the last 6 years running. First time I ended up there half randomly. Second time my mate wanted to go and he was having a party afterwards. His parties are things of legend, we even made a trailer for one once! (contains randomness, slow motion death and mild injokes)

Ever since then we've been to Blackheath every year without fail, party or no(we have no party this year, gonna make it a night of adventure). It's probably my most magical night of the year, for some gay reason. I'd really wished I coulda shared it with someone this year, but alas she is not a part of my life. It's still gonna be freaking awesome though!!

Anyway, i wont be doing anything this year. Although i'm going to DIsneyland next week so i hope to see some fireworks there. They usually have awesome shows every night at this time of year. I guess i'm a bit spoilt when it comes to firework shows actually, these cheap local bonfire jobbies never wow me enough to bother going.

Surprised she hasn't been the victim of firework related crime! Damn crazy old ladies.

Hmm, forgot it was tomorrow. I think there's a display in Cambridge, so I'll probably go to that, although I missed it last year.

Go! The display in Cambridge is fantastic. I used to go every year when I was a kid and I lived down there. Loved every second of it.

Damn, I miss that city.

My town had it's display on Saturday (they never do it if Nov. 5th falls on a day monday through friday). Wasn't anything spectacular. Same as every year except the bonfire never seems to burn for as long as it used to. Considering the thousands or people that come from not only my town but the neighbouring ones to watch it then they could at least put on a good show.

"Just gonna go and get some more lesbians"

Dear lord. Favourited. :bowdown:

Heh, the lesbians/twice as much were my contribution(through a joke between me and my mate, the lesbians were just a natural neccessity for the trailer). I do believe I suggested the line about getting some more though. I have to say that sadly, the party that trailer was for was the last to occur at the house, and I probably had a better time spending an entire night filming the trailer(sober) than I did at the last party. We just ended up with it overhyped. :nono:

Out of interest, is anyone here from round london or anything going to be heading to Blackheath's fireworks? I mean, it's a pretty huge display, and quite free. Tis awesome, and I'd deffo recommend to anyone in the area!

I think fireworks are a bit lame to be honest so I always try to get out of watching them when the wife tries to drag em along to a display. I mean they go bang and then there's some colours, and it's all so far away and it's always cold. Just lame when you actually think about what it is.

I always like fireworks for about the first 5 minutes, then im just bored. They always seem to go on for too long.

You see, that's why you need to see a good show where the fireworks go off in sync with the music. It's really great how they can make the fireworks match - from slow peaceful music with the sweet colourful fireworks to the loud and drammatic fireworks with upbeat music. Throw in a laser show at the same time and you wont be saying fireworks are boring anymore.