N-Europe

Music Warz! (Nomination)

Paj!

So yeah, I want to run a "tournament" style contest on the forum, where music goes head to head.

For the first contest, I think individual songs would be best.

SO!

Any member who wishes to participate (below is my definition of participating) nominates 3 songs by anyone, from anywhere. Rank them in preference order, because depending on the amount of people I get joining, the bottom choices may be cut off.

(Tracks must have had an official release)

After the nominations end (time or amount of people gets too big), the songs will be randomly paired against each other, and individual threads for each match will be opened.

The winning track from each match will go onto further rounds, until we get the forum's "favourite" song!

----

Participation;

By saying you wish to participate, and submitting your 3 songs, you are agreeing to vote in the majority of posted matches. If you aren't participating enough, your choices risk being cut off the list.

-------

Youtube;

Every match will use Youtube videos to the songs in that match, so make sure the song you choose is on Youtube somewhere, even if you have to upload it yourself.

You can choose a live performance of a song (as long as it has been officially released), if you want, where the video may already be on youtube. :)

----

Get nominating!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We Float - PJ Harvey

2. All Is Full Of Love - Bjork

3. Precious Things - Tori Amos

I was tempted to choose 3 songs that I love - at the moment. But I thought, in a few weeks time, I probably won't love them. Instead, I've chosen 3 songs that are timelessly good, and which I adore with the 7 corners of my windswept heart.

1. Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

2. All Is Full Of Love - Bjork

3. Precious Things - Tori Amos

I was tempted to choose 3 songs that I love - at the moment. But I thought, in a few weeks time, I probably won't love them. Instead, I've chosen 3 songs that are timelessly good, and which I adore with the 7 corners of my windswept heart.

I was always under the impression that the 5th corner only had ears for Cat Stevens.

It's Band - Song people.

Not just at you Rok.

It's Band - Song.

To me this just sounds like the stupid "Hurt N Heal" things they have constantly. Or the contests whereby each day a new round takes place between each song, with an elimination style set up. Is this really necessary / appropriate for here?

3) Radio Gnome - Gong

Dear lord, Gong. Never thought I'd see that name on this forum.

My choices:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: The Curse of Millhaven

A cute little story about a psychotic murdering teenage girl.

Malcolm Middleton: Fuck It I Love You

A bouncy little number about lonliness.

Bauhaus: Bela Lugosi's Dead

Does what it says on the tin.

Well that's my cheerful selection. :heh:

• 2 weeks later...

The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin

Yes, Jimmy Page is indeed using a doublenecked Gibson. He's that awesome.

Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks

This was in no way influenced by what I've listened to in the last half hour, honest... :indeed:

Goldfrapp - Twist

In the immortal words of a 62 year-old Debbie Harry, "Don't touch me, you're too hot!"

(a.k.a I love it.)

also, YAY for more nominations! KEEP EM COMING, YOU SLAGS!

Toxic - Britney Spears (Or should I go with "Baby One More Time"? Someone help me, I can't decide)

Can you at least choose one that's vaguely more interesting/better? Like Early Mornin'? Or Touch Of My Hand?