Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm playing quite a bit of Fifa08 at the moment. I've dabbled in a couple of other games, too, but at the moment I'm feeling a bit low due to the un-success of the job hunt. So, I've neglected gaming.

Fifa just picks me up, though. I'm really missing the football season, but this helps to satisfy my craving somewhat.

I think I may pick up the next Pro Evo, depending on if I have a job then or not. There's so many games I want, but I just can't get them due to money. Grand Slam Tennis, Punchout, The Conduit. Gah. :(

Do you guys still play Wii Fit? I am thinking about investing in it but not sure if it's worth it. I'm hoping it would ease me back into doing regular exercise before I join the gym. Or even should I wait for Wii Fit Plus?

Do you guys still play Wii Fit? I am thinking about investing in it but not sure if it's worth it. I'm hoping it would ease me back into doing regular exercise before I join the gym. Or even should I wait for Wii Fit Plus?

It's definately worth it in my opinion, helped me lose over 3 stone and I've never been to a gym in my life, all it costs is the equivilent of 2 months membership which is awesome. Wii Fit plus probably won't be out until around xmas so I'd pick it up while you can it's a cracking device, just don't expect much 'game.' It's more of an elaborate fitness calender/planner but still worth the cash if you use if properly.

Ah thanks, what if your not using it to lose weight but more to improve fitness and health?

Well then a gym is far better, especially for building muscle. Do you know what's better than both? Regular exercise; grab a few mates and have a game of football 3-4 times a week, will do you much better.

Thing is with Wii Fit, the games that will contribute to weight loss (such as jogging) get annoying simply because jogging up and down on the spot is quite...tiresome.

Guest Captain Falcon
Just to say that EA Active is VERY good though....

I really like Smash Bros. But I've never loved it! I think its because I rarely local multiplayer with it!

Local multiplayer only works if people are of a similar skill level otherwise it becomes horribly one sided.

At least playing online you tend to find more matches that could go either way and as a result are more enjoyable to take part in - even if you don't get to witness your opponent's reaction at the time.

Local multiplayer only works if people are of a similar skill level otherwise it becomes horribly one sided.

At least playing online you tend to find more matches that could go either way and as a result are more enjoyable to take part in - even if you don't get to witness your opponent's reaction at the time.

I like to tinker with the stats to make myself really weak and have 4 others of the highest level teaming up against me. Brawl is hugely customisable yet they really did miss a beat on online play.

Pikmin 3 news...

http://gamekyo.com/newsen31913_pikmin-3-revealed-soon.html

Pikmin 3 revealed soon?

As a part of an interview given to Joystiq, Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen said Pikmin 3 is still in development at Nintendo headquarters, approximately one year after Shigeru Miyamoto had confirmed the game was being developed for the Wii console. Still no release date, but Trinen mentioned that 'controls are working extremely well' and that we should hear of Pikmin 3 soon enough. We hope there will be new stuff about it during the GamesCom or at this year's Tokyo Game Show.

BTW, what became of that Edge[?] cover that people were speculating to be Pikmin 3?

User from another board tells the details from the Ask Iwata MH3

Basically they said the wii isn't exactly being known for great graphics, and they understand graphics plays a very important part in a MH player's experience, and a lot of people were doubting how MH would look on a wii. So they had to go the extra mile and tried very very hard. Their goal was to make MH3 to be the best looking game on wii.

Iwata then went on and told them the designers in nintendo were stimulated by how MH3 looks and especially the zelda team were under immense pressure.

The wii-mote part was quite funny. It started with Fujioka saying good things about the wii-mote, and then Iwata told him just be honest about it, so he said 'to start off, buttons...' and Iwata finished off his sentence with 'not enough of them'

Tsujimoto then said they considered using motion control, but at last decided against it because hardcore MH players would spend a really lengthy time playing, and motion control would simply be too tiring.

They finished off mapping the controls just before TGS last year, they almost couldn't make it to the show. They have good response for the wii-mote control and Tsujimote's favourite comment was "I'm relieved"

And halfway though the development for the wii-mote, Nintendo suggested to sell the game with the new classic controller pro, and this is a first for Nintendo to collaborate with a third party for the development of a hardware. Even within Nintendo there were people asking 'are you really going to ask a third party about that?', but Iwata wanted previous MH players to enjoy the game without worrying.

Fujioka said he was thinking 'is it fine that we are deciding this?', like where to put the analog stick, and he said he had a great time doing all these.

There's still a lot more in the interview, but since neither japanese nor english is my first language, I'll leave it to somebody else to translate them :P

Yeah think I'm going for a gym. Thanks :)

Anyway back on to Wii stuff, been getting back into Brawl again. Falling in love with the soundtrack all over again.

The music in Brawl really is something special. I love Calling to the Night - it's so serene, yet perfect for a 1 vs 1 match.

Just to say that EA Active is VERY good though....

I really like Smash Bros. But I've never loved it! I think its because I rarely local multiplayer with it!

I need to play local multiplayer more often - only problem I tend to find is not many people who also own Smash Bros around (actually there's no one else...)

Agree and disagree - I used to play the original on a weekly basis with friends, 1 of whom was more or less the same level as me and then the other two players either varied from good to "not a clue". Nevertheless, it's still good fun I find. If you've got friends round, I tend to ensure that all items are available and we play some stages where even decent players stand a chance of getting owned. My friend managed to beat me once after securing a pity Smash late in the game, wiping pretty much everyone else out and then took me out in a sudden death. Fun times indeed!

I like to tinker with the stats to make myself really weak and have 4 others of the highest level teaming up against me. Brawl is hugely customisable yet they really did miss a beat on online play.

Agreed. Brawl online is in my opinion, more of a failure on Nintendo's behalf than even the Virtual Boy. They could have easily made it much better.

I don't think Brawl's online was bad because of Nintendo's system, as the online in Mario Kart and The Conduit were much better. I think the problem was that the developers rushed the online.

okay, so where do i find the friend console thing so that i can mingle with other miis and have them show up in the mii plaza?

You need to add someone's Wii console code and they have to add you back. Unless you have friends that you really want to share Miis with though, its not worth the effort.

Edit:

I was in a store that sold/rented games and movies. I knew the stores were raising prices of new release games (Wii Games From $49.99 to $59.99, PS3/360 Games From $59.99 to $69.99) this is annoying enough as it is. But they're raising prices of games that came out a few years back to the same price as new releases. Absolutely ridiculous. I can understand them charging $70 for something like Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out or whatever, but seeing Zelda Twilight Princess raised to $59.99 (More than I paid for it the day it came out, almost 3 years ago) is just too much. Hopefully the banks are right and we're staring to come out of this recession now (in Canada anyway).

Edited by Emasher

I don't think Brawl's online was bad because of Nintendo's system, as the online in Mario Kart and The Conduit were much better. I think the problem was that the developers rushed the online.

Exactly. It's something to do with the game code or along those lines. I imagine too much info is flying around in the background and unless you have a super connection (as well as everyone else playing), chances are, it ain't gonna be a smooth ride. Surely Nintendo could have streamlined it somehow? I'm not expert when it comes to making games but I'm pretty sure that it could have been done better. Hell, they could've taken a load of programmers off of the Subspace Emissary (saying that, that wasn't exactly a masterpiece either) and put them to work on making an acceptable online mode.

I imagine Sakurai probably played some part too - from day one he was trying to sabotage online play, for example, the stupid user interface and set game mode. I'm pretty sure he said it was something along the lines of fairness and everyone has "fun". What would've been more fun is having the democratic choice of playing the game the way we want to and not having someone else tell us how we should play it.

/end rant. lol.

It's definitely developers. I was reading the other day about how although Nintendo are, yes, lazy when it comes to online, a lot of it is the developers. Just for example, in the SDK, just sitting there, is an option to connection to Nintendo Wi-Fi upon starting the game. Any developer can make their game connect online when it starts right now, yet the only people who do it are the Guitar Hero developers (Vicarious Visions).

All it really takes is Nintendo themselves to make a full blown online experience (missed opportunity with Wii Sports Resort, IMO) and hopefully third party developers would then follow suite.

Ah thanks, what if your not using it to lose weight but more to improve fitness and health?

I'd suggest ea sports active, I bought it and its got a personal trainer and whatnot, very very good, has me sweating like mad everytime, bloody thing haha ^_^

I definately agree with dazzybee, it is awesome, incredibly well done actually and from what I can tell if I can get the wii board I'll be able to see what its like with that too.