Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Captain Falcon

Just saw this on GoNintendo.

Not sure whether it would relate to a Wii or a DS outing. You'd fancy a Wii one given it's been two years since the first (in Japan at least, only a year for us) and it made no use of any of the Wii's features.

Still, doesn't matter where it ends up, I'll no doubt be getting it if true.

Just saw this on GoNintendo.

Not sure whether it would relate to a Wii or a DS outing. You'd fancy a Wii one given it's been two years since the first (in Japan at least, only a year for us) and it made no use of any of the Wii's features.

Still, doesn't matter where it ends up, I'll no doubt be getting it if true.

Interesting. I hope it's a DS game though, if it is a game anyway. Saying that, I still haven't finish Shadow Dragon.

Checked my local HMV for Opoona but they didn't have it, or at least I didn't see it.

Edited by Ike

Guest Captain Falcon
Interesting. I hope it's a DS game though, if it is a game anyway. Saying that, I still haven't finish Shadow Dragon.

I think I would personally would also prefer a DS game. As much as I love SD (you really should go complete that one), I'd like to see on with all the missing features put back in.

I also really enjoyed RD and I'd like to see a game like this make the most of the power on offer by the Wii. Given the nature of the game, I'm sure that the graphics of the game could be pushed to the point whereby it would be the best looking game on the platform but we know they wouldn't devote such resource to that. RD already had more than enough depth, it was lengthy and it's score was amazing with piece after piece of excellent music.

There had been a few rumours before about IS looking to mix the FE games up a little so I wonder if this will be a "traditional" title or will be something a little different.

I think I would personally would also prefer a DS game. As much as I love SD (you really should go complete that one), I'd like to see on with all the missing features put back in.

I also really enjoyed RD and I'd like to see a game like this make the most of the power on offer by the Wii. Given the nature of the game, I'm sure that the graphics of the game could be pushed to the point whereby it would be the best looking game on the platform but we know they wouldn't devote such resource to that. RD already had more than enough depth, it was lengthy and it's score was amazing with piece after piece of excellent music.

There had been a few rumours before about IS looking to mix the FE games up a little so I wonder if this will be a "traditional" title or will be something a little different.

As much as I enjoyed PoR and RD, I think the series suits handhelds more than consoles, despite the series started as a console title.

Maybe it's a DSi game, like the satellite FE games.

Guest Captain Falcon
As much as I enjoyed PoR and RD, I think the series suits handhelds more than consoles, despite the series started as a console title.

Maybe it's a DSi game, like the satellite FE games.

I hope not :shakehead

I don't have a DSi

Went to HMV today and couldn't see Oopana anywhere. NMH was on sale for £8.

I've only completed Path of Radience. Got Radiant Dawn aswell but haven't started properly. Keeping that for one of the games i'll take my time with after I clear some of my backlogue.

I still need to pick up Radiant Dawn and shadow dragon though. Path of radiance is one of my favorite GCN games though, and I liked it quite a bit more than sacred stones, so at this point I'd rather see this as a Wii game.

What about FE7 a.k.a. the first Fire Emblem for GBA? IMO, one of the best in the GBA (which is saying a lot). Certainly an example of how to do a great handheld entry.

Yeah I dropped into mine and there was no sign of Opoona. :( I picked up NMH to see what price it was and... it was in two for £30... lol!

In my HMV, there was 2 for £30, but also there was a sale bay which has it for £8, I went with that one since it was the most recently priced. They might of had some priced at £8 elsewhere, if not then they've priced it wrong :heh:

PlayStation: Peter Dille On Sony In 2009

You have lots of data -- years of data. What percentage of people actually do buy more than one console in any given generation? Do you have any data on that? Because that's a phenomenon that I would guess is overrepresented in the enthusiast press and the enthusiast audience compared to the broad consumer.

PD: It might be overrepresented. I'm not sure I have a percentage for you, but you're probably talking millions of people and not tens of millions because we know that there are tens of millions of consoles that get sold. It's not the majority; it's the minority of folks.

But they happen to be the 80-20 rule, right? They may be in the minority, but they're buying an awful lot of software, whereas once you get to the broader audience of folks who buy a lot of hardware, they buy fewer games -- back to your tie ratio question.

Julie Han: The other point, I think, to what Peter said earlier, is that PlayStation products tend to be at the living room hub. Even if folks are playing playing the Wii and have a PS3, the Wii tends to stay in the closet, and the PS3 is...

Peter Dille: Yeah, I don't want to steal [CEO] Jack [Tretton]'s quote, but he's fond of saying: "Microsoft owns the office; Sony owns the living room; and Wii owns the closet." And that's an aggressive, probably quotable line.

Does the DS own the bedroom and the PSP own the garden?