N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

Mr_Odwin

I have to ask some pr0 basic questions, because the amount of clicking to actually get somewhere is confusing me.

1] How can I buy/sell/sack players?

2] Where has my training player thing gone?

3] To be continued...

But I'm glad to see my first ever match wasn't a loss, a nice 0-0 draw.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask some pr0 basic questions, because the amount of clicking to actually get somewhere is confusing me.

3] To be continued...

But I'm glad to see my first ever match wasn't a loss, a nice 0-0 draw.

1] Buy: There's a "Transfer" section on the left. You have to bid (you only bid once) and wait for the time to run out.

Sack/Sell: Go to Player Squad, click on player's name and Sack/Transfer List should be on the right

2] Huh? It should be on the Team Menu.

3] To be continued...

1) To buy players, go to the 'Transfer' button on the left side. To sell or sack them, click on their name and use the bottom right-hand menu to either sack or set an amount you want for the player. (Try selling them around their estimated value.)

2) Do you mean the player icon next to their name after you chose them to do form training? If you do, that runs for five days. After that, go to the 'Training Report' on the right-hand side to see when their training finished and how much their form went by.

3) After the break?

Alright, old bean, let me (and the Rules) help you there:

The players are seperated into their positions by the coloured bars their names are in. From top to bottom you have Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders and Forwards. You might be able to guess their roles from those names.

Choose 11 players and 5 Reserves for each match in different formations such as 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-1 etc. (formations don't apply to goalkeepers because you can only have one.) A 4-4-2 would have 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards, for example.

As for players: You have a 24-year old defender with a skill of 3. He's rubbish, sack him immediately. Any players over 25 that are under a skill of 5 aren't going to be much use so you can sell them or sack them. For now, get some new defenders in. The ones you have aren't very good at all!

You have a couple players with a skill of 7. You must keep them! You also have a beauty in an 18 year-old with a skill of 6. Keep him!

Your midfield is actually pretty good. Keep hold of that 18 year-old, he looks extremely promising. But that 25 year-old with a skill of 4 is useless.

You also have a youth team, but you can't really do anything with them. Occasionally, you'll get a message saying of a talent in your youth team who could be good for your team. Depending on their skill, promote them or leave them. If you're not sure, let us know and we'll say for you.

The rules will tell you all you need to know about the game and the tactics. Check there if you're unsure about things. Even though it's all walls of text, it's like that for people such as yourself who know little about football. :smile:

Thanks.

I bought someone they offered me. No idea if I should have, but you only live once. Sold a 25 old with relatively low skill.

*twiddles thumbs*

First game of the season for most of us tomorrow. I've got ReZ, who, in his two friendlies, has had only two chances on goal -- but he's scored both of them. On paper my squad is marginally better than his but tactical decisions will count for everything.

Looking forward to it!

How long would that take? Is it like Ebay where you have to wait for the end? [Assuming it doesn't have a buy it now tag]

There will be a date on the transfer page for when the auction ends. The seller can end it early and it will go to whoever has the highest bid at the time if they want to.

Oh lord, I have to actually read these rules. If it rquires me to be present at 1pm, that's impossible. I have school.

You just need to set your team and tactics, which can be done at any time (day before, right after the previous match, a few minutes before the game etc).

Just so you know, S2H9 means that the referee is dumb as shit, but extraordinarily harsh and likely to punish players a lot if he does decide someone is misbehaving. (S for Skill, H for Harshness) It's a gamble either way. Though one thing you can definitely trust me on there is not to pick offside trap!

Can't emphasise this enough 35,000 is not much money to see your opponents tactics from the last game use this to your advantage.

If you suspect someone is doing this to you change your tactics for the next game to counter any damage.

If you suspect someone is doing this to you change your tactics for the next game to counter any damage.

I lol at your paranoia.

My team is rebuilt, but I have average age problems (noobs: the 11 players that you put out should have a combined average age of 26 or over otherwise you are penalised). Oh well, good for the future.