Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Recession (Credit Crunch)

Kirkatronics

I think this warrants its own thread, its a big problem which may be effecting most of us.

Currently i don't really feel the effects of it, and hope i won't. The competition of the supermarkets should keep food costs down, and most other mass produced products shouldn't really be affected unless fuel prices change seriously.

For now we must take advantage of the competition, this way we will be effected the least.

How is the credit crunch affecting you? Are you worried about it? Any tips for anyone who might need them?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously these things last for years, and as someone who will be looking for a job in an industry that is already decreasing in the UK, I am slightly worried. But hey, hey, chin-up!

Theres no real time scales on them, it could be over within a year or it might still be a problem well after out life times.

well i'm being effect by it, Waterford is now the 6th highest place for unemployment in Ireland, and if people have no jobs they ain't gonna be buying holidays and i work in a travel agency, as such business is slow and we've been put on short-time, so every 2nd week i have 2 days where i am unpaid, the following week is then a full week. Doesn't sound like much but losing 4 days of wages a month adds up to an ammount that would be a nice portion of my fix monthly bills, :(

How is it not effecting you? Food is well expensive at the moment and it's costing me a fortune each week just to feed myself. Even shopping at poundland and at something similar to netto...it's still costing me way too much.

Other than that it doesn't effect me, my car is currently at home on my drive *cries* but it did cost me a fortune in petrol.

To be honest, I think all this stuff is all pretty good.

Short term won't be great, but when we get out of the recession we'll have a more stable financial market and some nice economic growth compensating for the relatively minor losses now.

How is it not effecting you? Food is well expensive at the moment and it's costing me a fortune each week just to feed myself. Even shopping at poundland and at something similar to netto...it's still costing me way too much.

Other than that it doesn't effect me, my car is currently at home on my drive *cries* but it did cost me a fortune in petrol.

I pay a set ammount each week, so thats why it doesn't effect me much.

When has a recession last a life time?

Didn't say whos life time.

That wasn't theimportant part, i was trying to show how no one knows how long it can last, or how it effects us.

It can't last a life time, I'm no economist and I'm probably going to get slated but I think its not really possible to have a recession that lasts that long.

This one, i think, won't last as long as previous ones and may benefit us in the long run with things needing to be mass produced at lower costs to make profits.

A recesion, in theory, if nothing is done to try prevent it can last a while. Are there any estimates on how long this will last yet?

This one, i think, won't last as long as previous ones and may benefit us in the long run with things needing to be mass produced at lower costs to make profits.

A recesion, in theory, if nothing is done to try prevent it can last a while. Are there any estimates on how long this will last yet?

wise up, theory isn't real life. :indeed:

Everyone's just gonna sit on their ass and let the economy fall to a stand still.. :blank:

Could be a good time to get on the housing market, or as emasher said, but a few stocks/shares. rock bottom prices, the only way is up.

You can't really estimate a recession because of all the factors involved. It can, if everyone is quick, last a couple of years. That's why I said it would last a few years, because even if everyone is quick to nip it in the bud, the markets take a long time to regain.

wise up, theory isn't real life. :indeed:

Everyone's just gonna sit on their ass and let the economy fall to a stand still.. :blank:

Could be a good time to get on the housing market, or as emasher said, but a few stocks/shares. rock bottom prices, the only way is up.

Theories are all we have though, most things are theory and we accept them.

Gravity is a theory, you believe in that right?

You talk about getting in on the house market but then when is the right time to do it?

Perhaps a week later the price of a house could be even lower! Its especially bad for those fresh of university I think with huge debts and a lower chance of getting a job.

Its like that with any invesment, if it was risk free everyone would do it and no one would make or lose money.

STOP SAYING IT EFFECTS YOU.

You are affected by things, and you effectively do things to others. Capisce? Normally I wouldn't shout it out, but my eyes are rolling non-stop with the repeated posts where people have so clearly ignored not one but two posts about it.

P.S. this recession will probably last something like five years, if you ask me. Why? Because I pulled the number straight out of my arse! Isn't talking shit what we're doing in these threads these days?

Yay. White.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!