NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

yay got my pal uk version, off to play now ill post some thoughts later

Who in the world do you work for and are they hiring?

Who in the world do you work for and are they hiring?

I might be wrong but didn't he win 'Britains best Nintendo Gamer' or something? The prize was every Nintendo release a week or so early! Very cool! :grin:

yay got my pal uk version, off to play now ill post some thoughts later :D
Does it matter story wise if you haven't played the first?

Does it matter story wise if you haven't played the first?

Why not just D/L it on the VC, it's an awesome game.

I'm looking forward to this though I think I'll wait to pick it up, mainly due to lack of money and Monster Hunter 3 is still gonna take a large chunk of my time anyway, maybe in the summer after Mario Galaxy

I'm looking forward to this though I think I'll wait to pick it up, mainly due to lack of money and Monster Hunter 3 is still gonna take a large chunk of my time anyway, maybe in the summer after Mario Galaxy

Pretty much the same as me. As much as I want this, i've still to invest much more time in MH3 and Red Steel 2 along with Soul Silver. That and then add Galaxy and exams and also No More Heroes 2.

Feck, it's a busy time for being a gamer :blank:

I don't currently have any controllers other than the Wii-mote/Nunchuck, and I'm guessing it doesn't work with that?

I don't currently have any controllers other than the Wii-mote/Nunchuck, and I'm guessing it doesn't work with that?

Unfortunately no.

Although, you're in luck the first games story is just plain insane and hard to follow and I fully expect the same from this game. I don't think you'll miss much by jumping into the series here.

I might be wrong but didn't he win 'Britains best Nintendo Gamer' or something? The prize was every Nintendo release a week or so early! Very cool! :grin:

Have this ready to copy and paste when the next big release is in his possession. Galaxy 2...?

It'll work with a Gamecube controller if you still have one.

That is sweet.

Man, Europe is getting lucky with S&P, released before the NA, better name, better cover, and the cover is reversible as well.

Ha, the sweet scent of hardcore arcadeblasting... and the aromatic flagrance of early releases; :grin:

If ever a game was made for Wii, this is it. It's awesome, and even better than the original S&P. A friend of the missus came by yesterday, and even she was enthralled by what she was seeing. Granted, flying through a watertunnel while being attacked by giant fishes isn't something the regumar game offers.

This deserves all the attention it can get.

The animations during cutscenes hasn't really progressed since the N64-days. Ah well, as long as lots of stuff explodes, it's fine. ;)

This game is stunning, it doesn't just live up to expectations but it matches up to and even surpasses the original in certain areas from what little I've played so far, excellent stuff, but then... what else would one expect from Treasure? ;)

Have this ready to copy and paste when the next big release is in his possession. Galaxy 2...?

It'll work with a Gamecube controller if you still have one.

Well I'm getting the US version of Galaxy 2 so I'm pleased to say I should have it earlier! Haha

Anyway, I got this in the post today!

It's gonna be a great addictive shooter, you can tell that straight of..however what bothers me is the graphics! You have to admit it could have looked stunning and it would have added to the gameplay, to be honest it looks like a N64 game and I'm sure the screenshots looked better too!

So far that's my only gripe, I'm enjoying it! I suppose I'm thinking that this shouldn't have been £29.99 too cause it's like a arcade game!

Well I'm getting the US version of Galaxy 2 so I'm pleased to say I should have it earlier! Haha

Anyway, I got this in the post today!

It's gonna be a great addictive shooter, you can tell that straight of..however what bothers me is the graphics! You have to admit it could have looked stunning and it would have added to the gameplay, to be honest it looks like a N64 game and I'm sure the screenshots looked better too!

So far that's my only gripe, I'm enjoying it! I suppose I'm thinking that this shouldn't have been £29.99 too cause it's like a arcade game!

That is surprising to hear as all the screenshots and videos have looked pretty good.

If I hadn't bought Monster Hunter 2 weeks ago, I would have picked this up straight away but with NMH2 coming at the end of the month and then Galaxy 2, like others, I'm struggling for time so I might pick it up when if I see it cheap enough.

That said, there is always a chance I'll just pick it up anyway as my game buying has become more impulsive as of late.

That said, there is always a chance I'll just pick it up anyway as my game buying has become more impulsive as of late.

Tell me about. Spending far too much on games lately.

Might waltz in somewhere, go "Oh, nice" and swiftly move to the counter, make my purchase, play the game and have fun then feel dirty about myself after.

This game is amazing! Just defeated a giant laser shooting

speaker system

boss. Graphics are fine for me, the water tunnel stage looks really nice, the cut scenes could have been a bit better, but I think they deliberately kept it like the N64 game.

Edited by Ike

Part of me thinks it IS a N64 game which was held back for numerous reasons!

It's great though, don't get me wrong.

Went out to buy this, didn't buy. I'm sorry, but I refuse to pay £40 for this which is what all stores are asking. Lowest I saw was £35 and even that is too much. I loved the original but I think the retail price for this if off the mark.

Not really in the mood for some arcade action at the moment anyway so I'll just wait till next week and have the parents pick it up as a birthday present for me.

Annnnnd I've just finished the game - on Normal difficulty - and what an epic experience it was too :D so many brilliant moments coupled with excellent controls, vibrant visuals and superb sounds that all combine to create one of the most absorbing games ever created, in my opinion it's one of the single-most satisfying shooters I've ever had the pleasure of playing and would highly recommend it to anyone who's considering purchasing it.

Oh and also...

2s8lhdj.jpg

I was just having a look at the leaderboards out of curiosity and it would seem that at this moment in time I'm the only person within the UK and Ireland to have finished the game on Normal... :blank: at least out of those who have chosen to upload their scores anyway... just thought I'd share. :)

*edit* actually scratch that... for the 'All stages' I'm 10th in the UK and Ireland because I didn't complete the game in one sitting - it resets your score when you save and quit - so that's why I have a low score for all but for whatever reason I'm the only person to have an individual high score for the final stage, still not bad though. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Whoa, IGN UK gave it a 9.2/10. Did not expect that!

Presentation 9.5/10

Even the box is a work of art, and it sets a tone that's sustained throughout the game.

Graphics 9.0/10

The muddy features of the two playable characters aside it's a strong visual show, from the warm glow of bullets to some inspired enemy design.

Sound 8.0/10

MIDI slap bass, melodramatic synth lines and the extraterrestrial screams of felled bosses: you'll either love it or hate it.

Gameplay 9.5/10

It's Treasure at the top of its game, meaning it's one of the very best experiences around.

Lasting Appeal 8.0/10

It's a brief playthrough, but difficulty levels mix things up, replay potential is huge and there's always the pull of online leaderboards.

Overall: 9.2/10

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/108/1088063p1.html

Hang on, how can they give Presentation 9.5, and some of you lot are saying it's like an N64 game.

Edited by Retro_Link