NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

If £40 is a normal priced game, you must pay a fortune in taxes over there. A normal priced game in Canada would translate to about £30.

£30 isn't full price. £40 is. So we're half way inbetween.

And of course we're getting shafted. Its the UK. (although they could drop down before it comes out)

Oh please you get games cheaper than most places and you get promotions all the time. Here games that are supposed to be 30€ are 50 or 60, we don't get a lot of games, there are rarely price drops or promotions and even normal priced games are more expensive than anywhere else.

Oh please you get games cheaper than most places and you get promotions all the time. Here games that are supposed to be 30€ are 50 or 60, we don't get a lot of games, there are rarely price drops or promotions and even normal priced games are more expensive than anywhere else.

1. Prozac.

2. We're all in the same shit boat called Europe. I'm not trying to say UK has it worst, we just have a shitty time. As do you, clearly. I'm not trying to play the martyr, that appears to be you.

Let the cover flipping over begin!!

pikminplayonwii.jpg

..we better be able to flip it in europe if that's the best they can do :heh:

1. Prozac.

2. We're all in the same shit boat called Europe. I'm not trying to say UK has it worst, we just have a shitty time. As do you, clearly. I'm not trying to play the martyr, that appears to be you.

Jesus, take a chill pill (prozac?). I just pointed that out because I see lots of people complaining, I even saw an article saying UK was one of the worst countries in the world for gaming where there are many worse. Seriously, chill.

Let the cover flipping over begin!!

pikminplayonwii.jpg

pa.28510.1.jpg

If they don't beat this cover I'm not buying it.

Is it cofirmed we're getting flippable covers?
Not been confirmed outside of Japan yet, but can't really see why we wouldn't.

Not been confirmed outside of Japan yet, but can't really see why we wouldn't.

Scrooge McDuck over at Nintendo Europe's offices will save a few extra pennies by just pumping out this godawful box art.

Jesus, take a chill pill (prozac?). I just pointed that out because I see lots of people complaining, I even saw an article saying UK was one of the worst countries in the world for gaming where there are many worse. Seriously, chill.

(Prozac is a medicine with sedative properties.)

You seemed to be moaning at me for an article I didn't write, and a subject I never spoke about (ie I spoke about the UK in isolation, not as part of Europe). If anyone needs to chill it will be the member who I have recieved numerous complaints about throwing their weight around as if they're word is biblical.

Now back to that fugly box art...

Take it to PMs if you want to instead of bumping threads for this.

Has anyone heard if these re-releases will have progressive scan options? Metroid Prime will be a definite purchase for me if it does.

EDIT: Any news on the 'new' levels on DK JB?

The signs are good that we'll see these in 480p. I'm sure all were progressive scan on Gamecube in the States (this feature was removed for European releases).

So far DK and Pikmin are getting a widescreen overhaul, so progressive scan should really be a given.

Metroid Prime was Progressive in north America. And since they're adding widescreen to all of these, I see no reason not to localize the progressive scan. Its even already be done.

WiiFolder.com have a play-through. He seems to think the new controls make the game even better, but he also seems a bigger fanboy than me :D

http://wiifolder.com/?p=144

I like this site a lot actually; he's really good at what he does and imports every single game it seems. I'd be interested to know if this is his job or just a hobby and how he affords everything!

To anyone who's played the GC version, can you turn off the Character Special Shots? The N64 version was one of my favourite N64 games.

Yar, you sure can. :) (It still feels tad slower than the N64 one though.)

Yeh, you could run manually in the GC and N64 titles. Seems strange that they wouldn't let you in this but it does seem that way if you're using the Wiimote.

haveany of these games got online multi-player added? If not Mario Tennis is a real missed opportunity, I'd love to play online aginst people in a tennis game, especially if the controls were as good as those in Wii Sports.

Yeh, you could run manually in the GC and N64 titles. Seems strange that they wouldn't let you in this but it does seem that way if you're using the Wiimote.

If this is true I won't get this game. I hate that you aren't able to run manually in Wii Sports' tennis.

Let me run in this game (and play online...yeah, I still dream) and it's an instant buy.

The game has both new and old control types so if you want to move about and it isn't possible with the Wii controls then you can always use the classic controller or the Gamecube controller. But then they haven't discussed the controls much so you may be able to move about on court with the Wii controls.

edit: It appears you will be able to move around the court with the new controls, however it is optional as you can either use the Wiimote on it's own and let the game do the work or plug in the nunchuk and do it yourself.

They already told that it will have both options.

Seriously? Good news then. Haven't been up to date as it seems.

The game has both new and old control types so if you want to move about and it isn't possible with the Wii controls then you can always use the classic controller or the Gamecube controller. But then they haven't discussed the controls much so you may be able to move about on court with the Wii controls.

edit: It appears you will be able to move around the court with the new controls, however it is optional as you can either use the Wiimote on it's own and let the game do the work or plug in the nunchuk and do it yourself.

So we get classic, gamecube and running and auto with the remote? If that's the case then all bases are covered - let's just have online now too!