NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

I hope when they re-release Metroid Prime people realise that it is superior to Corruption in every way.

I'm thinking of bringing it down to complete...again.

I hope when they re-release Metroid Prime people realise that it is superior to Corruption in every way.

I'm thinking of bringing it down to complete...again.

Not every way. The Backtracking wasn't all that good. And I assume we're not talking controls here.

Well aside from controls everything was better, yet the controls still worked great for a cube game. I should probably write an actual article detailing everything so I don't have to re-explain but it just is incredibly better.

It's just more enchanting, the music and environments are better, bosses more substantial and have substance, scans/lore/story bloody awesome, beam system more interesting (combos despite being useless for the most part are brilliant).

I shut my eyes to peoples opinions that favour Corruption over it because it is simply bollocks. Anything else fine, slate Killzone all you want.

Btw I can see why a few found backtracking annoying but in this world it was OK because the enemies changed every now and then and morphed. The only criticism and annoyance of the game was that enemies came back if you left and re-entered the room, which is only minor.

Prime was the best game of last generation.

Corruption is one of the best games of this generation.

When two games are so good, I don't see the need for conflict. Peace and love.

Prime and Corruption are different, yet both excellent. I recognize both arguments: Prime had too much backtracking, Corruption's settings weren't quite as good, etc., but they are both great games.

It's hard to give an edge to any of those games. I do like that in Prime, you can choose your weapon instead of the stacking-system in Corruption. But Corruption was more immersive, yet less isolating and...

Argh!! Why choose? ;)

Yet I think we all agree they're both better than Echoes. :heh:

Prime and Corruption are different, yet both excellent. I recognize both arguments: Prime had too much backtracking, Corruption's settings weren't quite as good, etc., but they are both great games.

It's hard to give an edge to any of those games. I do like that in Prime, you can choose your weapon instead of the stacking-system in Corruption. But Corruption was more immersive, yet less isolating and...

Argh!! Why choose? ;)

I prefered Prime and I really loved the locations. I found Corruption to be very 'orange' in it's locations. Too much fire. I loved the section when you found the the darkside of the planet and it was icey, but far too brief.

I would've loved some more lush and overgrown locations and a bit more variety, but still a fantastic game.

Argh!! Why choose? ;)

Well Corruption is a decent game in it's own right but instead of making changes for the better, it made it worse. They got rid of some of the most important stuff that made the others great because it was a Wii game and they thought they could get away with it. Why the other Hunters? Crap idea.

Prime 3 was much than the first one, primarily due to the lack of backtracking.

I didn't find the backtracking a problem, because at least when you got new abilities you had to solve puzzles or go out of your way to get that missile expansion instead of it being plated up to you like you're some sort of baby that can't cope with a bit of logical thinking.

Even if you found the backtracking annoying the original still shits over Corruption.

I didn't find the backtracking a problem, because at least when you got new abilities you had to solve puzzles or go out of your way to get that missile expansion instead of it being plated up to you like you're some sort of baby that can't cope with a bit of logical thinking.

Even if you found the backtracking annoying the original still shits over Corruption.

I dunno, i can see why people consider Prime to be one of the best games ever made but i was never truly blown away by it.

Prime 3 had me won over from the start, especially the controls and the art design.

Go get fucked.

Just joking, that's fine as long as you enjoyed it. We'll leave our differences there.

I may pick up Pikmin 2...never got it on the cube so it makes sense to buy it

^Just got this on GC. I still find it odd that they've decided to put this in the NPC line rather than something like Wind Waker.

Well aside from controls everything was better, yet the controls still worked great for a cube game. I should probably write an actual article detailing everything so I don't have to re-explain but it just is incredibly better.

It's just more enchanting, the music and environments are better, bosses more substantial and have substance, scans/lore/story bloody awesome, beam system more interesting (combos despite being useless for the most part are brilliant).

I shut my eyes to peoples opinions that favour Corruption over it because it is simply bollocks. Anything else fine, slate Killzone all you want.

Btw I can see why a few found backtracking annoying but in this world it was OK because the enemies changed every now and then and morphed. The only criticism and annoyance of the game was that enemies came back if you left and re-entered the room, which is only minor.

totally agreed prime is the best prime game and on par with super metroid to be the best metroid game.

and controls were never an issue for me at the time.. I consider echoes to be a very worthy sequel.. it's a much longer game and more challenging.

Prime 3 was much than the first one, primarily due to the lack of backtracking.

that's stupid.. most game shave back tracking and I never consider it to be a major problem.. I agree that prime shits over corruption.. mainly because the sense of isolation is gone... plus you get the feeling they are trying to make it more like halo to make it sell more. in look I mean.