NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

Don't forget, "Full Price" never really means full price for Wii games in the same way as it does on other consoles. They'll be £30, same as pretty much every other new Wii release. That's a good £50 less than what I'd have to pay for Gamecube versions of Pikmin 2 and Chibi Robo. I never intended to pick up the games I already own.

These, surely, have to be 19.99!!! Surely!?!?!?

then again re4remake was about 30 when it was released but that had SO may extras.

These, surely, have to be 19.99!!! Surely!?!?!?

I honestly thought it would be that price.

then again re4remake was about 30 when it was released but that had SO may extras.

Really? I thought it was £24.99 when it came out and online was £19.99. Best £20 i've ever spent :heh:

I really won't mind paying full price for Chibi Robo and other rare GC games since they were already more expensive than that when originally out, and they're on eBay for even more.

I honestly thought it would be that price.

Really? I thought it was £24.99 when it came out and online was £19.99. Best £20 i've ever spent :heh:

well hmm maybe im converting wrong ha.. was about €45 euro I thought was about £30 :D

A bit naive to think the price would be £19.99. This is Nintendo after all...

Play.com has Pikmin for £27.99 and Mario Power Tennis for £32.99.

Hi I'm new to the forums

been along time viewer of the site just never really thought bout signing up...lol

Anywho here's my first contribution.

The release dates for the re-makes of Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis

uk.wii.ign.com/articles/946/946263p1.html?RSSwhen2009-01-20_030500

due to me being a new member I obviously cant post the URL so I have obmitted the http at the begining of the address.

The link to IGN says Pikmin is due out February 6th (as are alot of games *cough* Chrono Trigger for DS)

And Mario Power Tennis is March 6th.

LD560

Hi I'm new to the forums

been along time viewer of the site just never really thought bout signing up...lol

Anywho here's my first contribution.

The release dates for the re-makes of Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis

uk.wii.ign.com/articles/946/946263p1.html?RSSwhen2009-01-20_030500

due to me being a new member I obviously cant post the URL so I have obmitted the http at the begining of the address.

The link to IGN says Pikmin is due out February 6th (as are alot of games *cough* Chrono Trigger for DS)

And Mario Power Tennis is March 6th.

LD560

Welcome! : peace:

I hope that you're getting Chrono Trigger... :heh:

I don't really need any of these right away. So I'll probably just wait until they inevitably end up in the bargain bin for $19.99.

GAME has lowered the price of Pikmin to £24.99 (RRP £29.99), and for some odd reason, Mario Power Tennis is listed as a PSP game.

GAME has... for some odd reason, Mario Power Tennis is listed as a PSP game.

This should be no surprise, if in-store staff knowledge is anything to go by.

Aw, they fixed it. Mario Power Tennis is also £24.99.
I'll be buying that then!

If only it had online!

Japanese Sales: 12 - 18

01. [WII] Wii Play: Mario Tennis (Nintendo) 56,000 / NEW

02. [NDS] Megami Ibunroku: Devil Survivor (Atlus) 55,000 / NEW

03. [PS3] Naruto: Narutimate Storm (Namco Bandai) 44,000 / NEW

04. [PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) 29,000 /

05. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) 27,000 /

06. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 25,000 /

07. [PS3] Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) 24,000 /

08. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) 22,000 /

09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 22,000 /

10. [NDS] DS Uranai Seikatsu (Nintendo) 20,000 /

Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy are in there too - what's goin' on 'ere, Foxy?

Having ADORED the N64 Mario Tennis (seriously...best thing ever) I never got the Gamecube version as I heard it wasn't as good. (Looked a bit too gimmicky).

However, one of you guys would surely have bought it. Was it good? Some impressions would be good from someone who knows what they are talking about. I'd pick it up for the cube but it's still around £30!

Having ADORED the N64 Mario Tennis (seriously...best thing ever) I never got the Gamecube version as I heard it wasn't as good. (Looked a bit too gimmicky).

However, one of you guys would surely have bought it. Was it good? Some impressions would be good from someone who knows what they are talking about. I'd pick it up for the cube but it's still around £30!

Completey agree!

Mario Tennis 64 was absolutely awesome... awesome! especially in multiplayer.

And I didn't buy the sequel because of the addition of the character special shots and the gimmicks.

However, you can apparently turn off the character special shots, and I think the motion controls will add a lot of fun. And it's only £25, so I think I'm gonna get this!

Yeah I've played it on the GC, and while the graphics are far superior to the N64 Mario Tennis, the gameplay seems to lack something. Even with power shots turned off (which is defo the best way to play) the game just felt slower than Mario Tennis 64.

NGamer have a Japanese import review of Pikmin in their latest issue.

A cynical reissue to exploit the game-starved hardcore on Wii? This is far too complicated for your mum to play. Still, it's a genuine (prequel to a) classic.

80%

Well I never liked the game in the first place... but that seems like a stupid summarising comment.. and lol wern't they the magazine that gave the innovation 0 and chrono ds 3 or 4?

ngamer.. lol lets never forget they gave red steel 90% :D :D :D

also hopefully mario will be done right as the wii is really crying for a classic tennis game.. I would have preferred if they waited for motion plus with a lot of these classic gamecube games...

so how long do you think till they try sunshine? Somehow I think the wii might be lacking buttons for it.

ngamer.. lol lets never forget they gave red steel 90% :D :D :D

You've never read the magazine, correct?

You've never read the magazine, correct?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150928

we don't always have to buy a magazine for every article..hence the internet..

9.0 is a score far too much for red steel.. I think the fact that they had an exclusive worldwide review got to their heads a little..

But that's irrelevant I think a lot of their scores and reasoning(like I mentioned above like you ignored) Is .. well weird..

anyway...

The new range of updates gamecube games is for the hardcore.. I Don't mind it at all because Let's face it at this stage most wii owners never owned a gamecube and most who had would rebuy these games at a cheap price.. but not pikmin.. wasn't my cup of tea I may get the second one when it comes though.

The new range of updates gamecube games is for the hardcore.

I'm not so sure actually. With branding the range with 'Play on Wii' and 'New Play Control' it seems they're aiming for the new casual market, much like the success they've had with Touch Generations (although, it seems a poor choice of phrase). Obviously, the core will lap them up but i think Nintendo is pitching to the new audience.

but not pikmin.. wasn't my cup of tea I may get the second one when it comes though.

Why not Pikmin, out of interest. I admit the sequel improves the formula, but the original Pikmin is a true masterpiece, surely?

I'm probably the only person to think this but I see Pikmin 1 as the superior product out of the two titles. Yes, I liked the freedom the second one offered you by not constraining you to a time limit of 30 days but I just didn't like the whole dungeon thing. Really didn't improve the game at all and, in my eyes, detracted from the experience somewhat. I actually liked the 30 day thing from the first title as it felt more like the strategy title it set out to be as you had to work out precisely what you were doing each day to make sure you got as much or all you could.

Anyways, I'll probably pick up the first one although the £30 price tag's a bit high. I think most shops'll be selling it nearer to £20, hopefully, once it's released. Might pick up Mario Tennis as I didn't play it on the gamecube but was a fan of the GBC version. Played that to death. Mainly waiting for the Metroid Primes to get their re-releases along with Chibi Robo and Wind Waker and, hopefully, the Baten Kaitos games (yes both of them so us in Europe can finally play the prequel).