NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

SMG and JB team are the same remember that. Not to mention, it's hardly comparable with 3D games with lots going on. Still, I think it looks better than most games this gen, so :P And Wii is 2 years old not 3.

Just noticed on GoNintendo that a few details on Mario Tennis have surfaced:

- perform backhand and forehand shots

- direct ball on corners of court

- top spin and slice based on motion controls

- Buttons for special moves

- no Cube controller support

This is sounding great actually. Mario Tennis with Wii Sports controls? Yes please! And if Nintendo wasn't Nintendo they would also add in online play......

Nintendo SERIOUSLY need to release Mario Golf: Toadstool Tours with simple Wii Sports Golf controls.

That would instantly become one of my favourite games EVER!!

Nintendo SERIOUSLY need to release Mario Golf: Toadstool Tours with simple Wii Sports Golf controls.

That would instantly become one of my favourite games EVER!!

Hasn't that practically been done already with We Love Golf, sans Mario chars of course. From the video's I saw of it, it even had the same menu system.

Hasn't that practically been done already with We Love Golf, sans Mario chars of course. From the video's I saw of it, it even had the same menu system.
Kinda, but the characters and level design of Mario Golf is much more appealing, plus I just want a simple control scheme, with fun putting, and not really have to worry about spin etc... plus I think the power gauge controlled differently in some way.

Kinda, but the characters and level design of Mario Golf is much more appealing, plus I just want a simple control scheme, with fun putting, and not really have to worry about spin etc... plus I think the power gauge controlled differently in some way.

Yeah I was a little disappointed by it's media reception, and it was unfortunate that tiger woods 09 came out not long afterwards, securing my golf game until WM+ comes out.

Maybe Camelot will be commissioned to produce a new Mario Golf with Motion Plus sometime in the future. After all we've had pretty much every other Mario sport game out for Wii so far, at least now they've announced this GC remake.

Something like Mario Golf should be tailored to Motion+ or at least have options for the Wii Remote and M+.

Isn't DK: Jungle Beat out in Japan shortly?

Follow the link to see the image...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11186

'Play on Wii' Selection Includes Dual Covers

Nintendo will be including switchable covers for their 'Play on Wii' line of First-Party Gamecube ports.

One side of the cover will be the main game's coverart surrounded by the 'Play on Wii' branding, and the other side follows a more regular Wii game approach. Taken from Nintendo's Japanese site, you can see the differences in the bottom-righthand corner.

So you slide out the cover, flip it over and it's a different design!

This is good because I really don't like 'players choice' style boxarts, where the game artwork is smaller in the middle and surrounded by some rubbish design.

..oo, I like that idea :heh: It would be cool if they did that with every game so that you get a choice of styles. For example, the sleeve that came with Okami in HMV.. that would have been nice as an alternative cover on the inside of the regular boxart!

Something tells me we probably wont see that anyway :p (ie Japan only)

With Pikmin being released on 25 December, it started me thinking about the festive Holidays in Japan. While I appreciate the Japanese may not celebrate the season as we do, but i'd have thought their stores would still be shut at least on the 25th.

Any ideas about Japanese holidays?

Gametrailers have put up a couple of videos for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43235.html?type=flv

and a TV spot

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43236.html

I'm happy this game is getting a re-release. To this day, Jungle Beat is my favourite gamecube title and I still play it. I remember back when it was released it sold really badly for Nintendo, so hopefully this it'll get more of a chance because its a fantastic game.

With Pikmin being released on 25 December, it started me thinking about the festive Holidays in Japan. While I appreciate the Japanese may not celebrate the season as we do, but i'd have thought their stores would still be shut at least on the 25th.

Any ideas about Japanese holidays?

Christianity has a very minor amount of followers in Japan but they tend to get in the festive spirit (who doens't love festivitiy eh?) but its not an official holiday. There's bits and bobs going on but nothing drastic.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/937/937178p1.html

New Features for Wii Pikmin and Mario Tennis

Following the revelation a few weeks back that the Play on the Wii version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (set for Japanese release tomorrow) will feature new elements, Famitsu is back with details on what's new for the Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis installments in the series.

First, a bit of background in case you haven't been keeping up with Nintenedo's Japanese Wii developments. The Play on the Wii series (titled, in Japanese, "Wii De Asobu Selection") offers Japanese gamers Wii re-releases of classic Gamecube titles. While it was originally thought that the games would be just the original GameCube titles with Wii controls tacked on, Nintendo does appear to be adding in new elements.

For Pikmin, the new feature mentioned in Famitsu concerns saving. When you save, the game stores day-by-day records of your play. You're free to restart play from the day of your choice.

For Mario Power Tennis, Nintendo has made the game fully Wiimote compatible. You can now swing the Wiimote like a tennis racket to control your swings, performing forehands, backhands, tosses and smashes by swinging the Wiimote as you would a normal racket. For spin shots, you simply change the angle of the Wiimote when swinging. To perform special shots, you press buttons during the swing.

Mario Power Tennis will support play both through the Wiimote on its own and through a Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, the latter presumably allowing you to control your characters on the court.

Famitsu lists Camelot as developer for Mario Power Tennis. It's unclear if the studio is working on the Wii update or if the Famitsu listing is just in reference to the original.

Pikmin hits Japan on December 25. Mario Power Tennis follows on January 15. Both are priced at 3,800 yen.

Mario Tennis should be great fun!! Now roll on Mario Golf!!

Mario Tennis should be really good with those controls. Its reassuring to see that a decent level of effort is being put into this range of titles.

Mario Tennis should be really good with those controls. Its reassuring to see that a decent level of effort is being put into this range of titles.

This is Nintendo after all. It only makes sense that even for ports they would make them good ports.

Both GAME and Amazon have New Play Control! Pikmin listed as being release in February- as a full price game- £30.

I'm sure it was said this series was a budget range. Are we Europeans about get shafted again?

£30 isn't full price. £40 is. So we're half way inbetween.

And of course we're getting shafted. Its the UK. (although they could drop down before it comes out)

Both GAME and Amazon have New Play Control! Pikmin listed as being release in February- as a full price game- £30.

I'm sure it was said this series was a budget range. Are we Europeans about get shafted again?

Not really, it might just be a placeholder price.

£30 isn't full price. £40 is.

Don't know where your getting Wii games from, but the highest price i've paid for a Wii game is £32.99 inc postage.

Not really, it might just be a placeholder price.

Better had be.

Don't know where your getting Wii games from, but the highest price i've paid for a Wii game is £32.99 inc postage.

Yeah, most of us on here shop around and get games for good prices, but what Ashley is saying is that the RRP on pretty much all Wii games is £40.