NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

lol. Online would be asking too much. :heh: We'll have to be happy with what they're giving us which, as far as I'm aware for Mario Tennis, is basically the GC title with nothing more than new controls. Don't know about any extras.

(Prozac is a medicine with sedative properties.)

You seemed to be moaning at me for an article I didn't write, and a subject I never spoke about (ie I spoke about the UK in isolation, not as part of Europe). If anyone needs to chill it will be the member who I have recieved numerous complaints about throwing their weight around as if they're word is biblical.

Now back to that fugly box art...

wow random attack much? It's just game chat we're all friends here :)

in answer to that topic i'm always tired of uk thinking only they have it the worst as well.. not saying you said it or anything I'm talking totally in general..

Although in terms of games release england and ireland are pretty much the exact but we probably have it way better than everyother country in europe to be fair... I'm not too bothered about release dates anymore.. i'm patient i got plenty to play so meh sit back and wait I suppose.. not like we have a choice

@at boxart.........ugh i suppose .....no forget it's just ugh..

I never liked the game that much anyway.. I hated the time limit... it works in majoras mask but THAT WAS DIFFERENT.. how would you like a time limit on donkey kong country its pretty much the same thing.. A world map game should never have a time limit... and anyway i found the game a tad bit glitchy.. My opinion on the subject.. It had fun graphics though.

how do people feel about multiplayer in Pikmin 2? The split screen option was fun enough on the Cube, but with IR controls on split screen (can't think of any games with IR over split screen except Boom Blox) could the option be dropped- or maybe retooled for online, perhaps?

RedSteel has splitscreen and that works well enough. I thought it was Pikmin 1 that is getting Wii-ified, has Pikmin 2 been announced as well or are we just speculating?

I'm pretty sure Pikmin 2 has been confirmed. It better come out over here too, considering that's the one I'm most anticipating.

I must have missed the Pikmin 2 info- though I suppose it was inevitable. :heh: I'm more interested in getting Pikmin 1 because I don't have it for the GC whereas I do have Pikmin 2.

Was Metroid confirmed to be getting a EU release? I thought it was, but gonintendo.com said it hasn't.

ah i didnt hear about this until now...

hmm wonder why japan is getting it first they usually get metroid games last..

This is fairly interesting the first metroid prime is still the best I think.

how many other games willl be getting this treatment.. wind waker?

From Eurogamer.

Nintendo plans to release Mario Power Tennis for Wii on 6th March, a month after the already-announced Pikmin Wiimake.

Both are old GameCube games, but return to life under the New Play Control! brand, which means Wii motion-sensing controls in addition to other nips and tucks.

Wiimote waggling in Pikmin should make bossing Captain Olimar and his horde of flower-like Pikmin creatures around a lot easier, and there's an updated save system so you can restart from any day in the game's cycle. That's freedom on a Braveheart scale.

Mario Power Tennis picks up Wii Sports-style arm flailing, as well as extra replay camera options and split-screen play for one human plus friend.

Both will be full-price releases, and be joined by Pikmin 2 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat later this year. Nintendo plans to convert many more, which should keep the core audience happy. Snort.

Im so not happy about them being full price releases. Im having second thoughts now as to whether to pick them up or not.

I don't mind so much if they are games I haven't played, like Mario Tennis, though producing these games takes very little work from Nintendo so it's not on really!

Is it just Europe getting them full price? aren't they at a reduced price in Japan?

Should be able to get them online for less than £30 though hopefully.

Full price seems... typical. :( Depending on prices online, I might leave em til later when they will be budget price anyway. I wouldn't mind getting three of the four announced games, so getting them on the cheap would be nice.

..being full price makes the decision not to get them much easier :heh: I have them all on the Gamecube anyway :smile:

What a fucking joke this is!

Don't Nintendo learn? Their arrogance will undo them....again.....and just like it did with Sony!! And like how it does in ALL WALKS OF LIFE!!!!

This is a bit of a joke. Most of the announced titles I didn't own on the Cube and was thinking they would be around £20 and was going to pick up quite a few. But the fact they're re-releasing them for pull price is an utter joke. I'm not getting these anymore if all the sites/shops I see have them for full price.

Even at full price, people will buy it in shitloads because it has "Wii" on the box. Smart move on Nintendo's part, but also a dickish one. I guess I won't be getting the Metroid Primes again...

Eurogamer has changed the article

Retailers put both as full-price titles (RRP GBP 39.99). Nintendo claims the games will sell for GBP 29.99, but it's not clear if this is the actual recommended retail price.

GAME.co.uk has Pikmin up for £29.99 (RRP 39.99).

Nice spot, Lord Ike. I guess no-one seems to know at the minute what price these things are gonna sell for. If the RRP is £30 I'd hope they'd sell for £25 or less online.

i.'d have been happy with these costing £24.99- that was the ceiling point for me.

As it stands, i'm doubting these purchases.

However, a £19.99 price tag, would've put them in direct price competition with the vast majority of party-crap on Wii- and possibly earn better sales figures (if price is a major factor in Casual purchases)