NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

I'd love to see them made. They were obviously meant to be there.

Don't think there's a chance in the world it will happen, but one can hope. Wind Waker with waggle, more dungeons, widescreen, progressive scan (richer colours!) for a €40 price - yes please.

Wasn't Wind Waker one of the rare GCN titles that outputted widescreen and/or 480p? I could be totally wrong, but I'm sure there were one or two games that had the feature. I'm pretty sure F-Zero GX was one, but WW also springs to mind.

Could someone clear this up for me a bit please?

I had it running in widescreen actually, but I don't know how I managed to pull it off. I couldn't even tell if it was true widescreen or not, but I do know all my Cube games did it on my particular TV.

And it did 480p, but not in Europe.

Yeah, I believe Japan were the only region to get progressive scan. If it does come to the Wii (if we're getting Chibi-Robo! then that's a definite) then I'm sure all regions will get 480p.

There was no option to have Widescreen in most Cube games. You had to stretch the 4:3 image, which is nothing short of blasphemy.

WW was 4:3 only, but it had Progressive Scan in Japan and North America. Actually, Most 1st party Cube games had Progressive Scan in North America.

You don't have to stretch a 4:3 image, you can just use pillar boxing, which looks a lot better.

Famitsu reports that one of the games, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, will be getting more than just a control update. Nintendo will be changing the gimmicks found in each stage, repositioning enemies, and adding mid-level check points. On top of this, those who played the GameCube original can look forward to completely new stages.

As for the control changes, Nintendo appears to be converting Jungle Beat into a more traditional platformer. The original had a unique control system that made use of the GameCube's bongo controllers. For the Wii version, you control Donkey Kong with the analogue pad on the nunchuck, and make him jump with the A button. The game does use motion controls for a few moves, including punching at enemies and performing continuous jumps.

For the Play it on Wii Selection version of Pikmin, Famitsu makes no mention of additional content aside from the new control scheme. To control the game now, you, as expected, point directly at your Pikmin using the Wiimote. You can point at locations on the screen and press A to toss Pikmin around. Or, you can press B to call out to the Pikmin.

IGN

But thats what made Jungle Beat so amazing!!! :(

Oh well, pretty intrigued by the idea that they're not straight porting them

New stages in Jungle Beat? Damn them, now I'm tempted! Really annoyed they've removed bongo support though.

Either way, he's certainly not going to be as important as in the original games.

Really annoyed they've removed bongo support though.

I'd have bought this again if bongo support were included.

I'd have bought this again if bongo support were included.

I wouldn't, cause you know... that's why I have the GC version? If I had to have the bongos with me to play exactly the same game, I wouldn't buy it again.

Also I think that translation is wrong, didn't the video show that you needed to do the same as with the bongos but with the remote and nunchuck? I'm sure that's just and option. I hope so.

I wouldn't, cause you know... that's why I have the GC version? If I had to have the bongos with me to play exactly the same game, I wouldn't buy it again.

Also I think that translation is wrong, didn't the video show that you needed to do the same as with the bongos but with the remote and nunchuck? I'm sure that's just and option. I hope so.

Try clapping whilst holding the Wii remote and nunchuck* :heh:

*Steggy takes no responsibility for broken controllers after blinding smacking the Wii controllers together, Steggy's clapping method cannot be used as a calorie controlled diet, broken controllers may put your home at risk.

..after looking at that, I really want to play it again (and maybe I will, to get better rankings for each level :heh:) ..it was a very cool game :smile:

Doesn't it annoy everyone that this is instantly one of the best looking games on Wii!

remember this?

2w6gk80.gif

remember this?

2w6gk80.gif

One of the best, one of!

This surely goes into the top5 best looking games on Wii and it's what, 4 years old?

One of the best, one of!

This surely goes into the top5 best looking games on Wii and it's what, 4 years old?

the wii is near 3 years old and the game came out November 16, 2007.

the wii is near 3 years old and the game came out November 16, 2007.
What?

I'm saying Donkey Kong is 4 years old and it's in the top 5 best looking on Wii! That's quite something!

What?

I'm saying Donkey Kong is 4 years old and it's in the top 5 best looking on Wii! That's quite something!

sorry about that i got confused on what you were saying.