Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is because the alot of people own the license rights to tatsunko stuff.

I knew why they would find releasing outside japan tricky I was juts wondering if they are going to help us that are keen to import. It had sounded like you had heard something. :smile:

Is it confirmed it won't get a release at all in Europe / outside Japan? I understand the difficulties, but I hope they can still find a way to make it happen. Of the 2 3D Street Fighters, I'm really looking more forward to this one. Don't think I'll bother importing it though.

1up: Anime freak? Capcom freak? Or just a freak in general? (Hopefully not the non-bathing sort.) Either way, there's a decent chance you're looking forward to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes, the seventh "vs." fighter from Capcom and a bit of an unusual title to have in the Wii's lineup. Licensing issues may make a US release of this sucker difficult, but the game's hitting the Japanese Wii December 11 -- and Weekly Famitsu generally approved, giving the game four 8's and a Gold award.

For Famitsu's reviewers, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had two selling points: the fighting system for one, yes, but also the sheer multitude of well-known characters. "Just like the title says, all of Tatsunoko and Capcom's leading characters are here," wrote one. "For an oldster like me, it's great seeing these classic characters in one place." "Seeing all these popular characters animated so smoothly as they fight is impressive enough by itself," another added.

The praise, however, was a fair bit fainter for the core of the game, the fighting system itself. "Once two reasonably skilled players go at it together, the fight tends to tilt towards repeated Baroque combos, making things a little flat, for better or worse," one reviewer stated. The word "flat" appeared in three out of the four reviews in fact, suggesting that we have a classic case of Famitsu giving a good-but-not-great title straight 8's out of politeness more than anything else.

At least the multiplayer and other extra bits are nice: "There are lots of modes to choose from, especially with the minigames, which you'll find yourself playing a lot just to unlock the other bonuses," one reviewer said. "Single-play isn't bad, but I think playing this together with others is a lot more fun."

• 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!